This Guide Is Lacking Now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This Guide Is Lacking Now

Ok so this guide is starting to lack seriously now for Classic, At the start ok focus on levelling but Zygor needs to start adding more content and very soon as well. I paid in the understanding more would be coming, but it's been 2 months and nothing.

If no new content is added by the end of my subscription I certainly won't be renewing again for another month.

Come on Zygor please start importing things over, you've had plenty of time!

Agreed.

Originally posted by nemzzy668 View Post
    Ok so this guide is starting to lack seriously now for Classic, At the start ok focus on levelling but Zygor needs to start adding more content and very soon as well. I paid in the understanding more would be coming, but it's been 2 months and nothing.

If no new content is added by the end of my subscription I certainly won't be renewing again for another month.

Come on Zygor please start importing things over, you've had plenty of time!
    Full support of this. Where is new content/improved leveling guides? Is there even a gold farming guide out for classic? What am i paying for now that you made these guides free?

Comment

https://zygorguides.com/blog/
      Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
      http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
      http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Second this too. I seriously hate the jumping from one zone to the next, losing quests, doing quests which never are handed in or at an stage when they don't bring real XP anymore, etc. Worst for me is that apparantly these guide "snippets" are taken out of the old zone guides and start you off completly stupid, because they send you to the end of something just to tell you to go back to start.
        Really, I want the old system of zones back allowing me to switch zones when I want, finishing a questline which rewards something I really need and not send me somewhere stupid. Worst, send me somewhere which is near impossible to do (like something dark orange) to then in the next step to green stuff. Can't we do that the other way round. And no, it wasn't even more efficient because it was even further away.

Comment

Long time subscriber. I'm also disappointed in the classic guide. Way too much grinding. I would rather the guide make me go far away to another zone if it meant less grinding.

Comment

So far, I thought the Classic guide is mostly fine (on Priest and Hunter) but now I have started leveling an Undead Warrior. Oh my.

During the first 10 levels alone, there were 3 grind steps. At that level, no problem. But now, I am in the Barrens, level 13, and at the end of that level, another grind step. Now that's not a problem, it's just 4 bars, but the suggested mobs to grind are just a bad idea for melee. The quillboar leave nasty debuffs, are 50% casters that hurt like hell, have patrols through the area that mess things up ... oh, and they run away at low health. It's like somebody never even tried that while designing the guide.

Of course, I can just grind other mobs (the Plainstalkers are much easier and just south-west of the suggested spot) but if I pay a monthly subscription to a guide, that can't be the point.

Also, since you need to train skills every 2 levels, why is there never a guide step sending you to the trainer? *I* know that I need to train them ... but a new player using Zygor might not.

Another small suggestion would be to check if the character is a melee class without mana and automatically vendor all drinks the player might have picked up, but that's just QoL.

Comment

Has anyone found a better guide? literally every level so far I have had to grind out the last 35%. And please don't respond with do you kill everything you come across while questing, in my eyes that is grinding. would love to find Brian Kopps old guide. It is completely frustrating doing 10 quests, getting in a groove feeling good about my pace and than boom a pop up sayig you have to grind the next 40% of your level.

Edit...…. since posting this I have leveled 31-37 on horde and had to grind no less than 6 bars every level. Ive been using zygor since Wrath and this is just such a huge let down their retail Guide is fantastic! But, seeing as I only plan on playing classic, I am sorry from here on out it is just more efficient for me to use something like questie and my personal exp. I do not see a reason to pay for a guide to do the obvious quests and than have a pop up with "This is grind step blah blah blah". it would be cheaper to pay a gold farmer to grind to 60 for me lol
              Last edited by oneinfoh; February 26, 2020, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by oneinfoh View Post
                Has anyone found a better guide? literally every level so far I have had to grind out the last 35%. And please don't respond with do you kill everything you come across while questing, in my eyes that is grinding. would love to find Brian Kopps old guide. It is completely frustrating doing 10 quests, getting in a groove feeling good about my pace and than boom a pop up sayig you have to grind the next 40% of your level.

Edit...…. since posting this I have leveled 31-37 on horde and had to grind no less than 6 bars every level. Ive been using zygor since Wrath and this is just such a huge let down their retail Guide is fantastic! But, seeing as I only plan on playing classic, I am sorry from here on out it is just more efficient for me to use something like questie and my personal exp. I do not see a reason to pay for a guide to do the obvious quests and than have a pop up with "This is grind step blah blah blah". it would be cheaper to pay a gold farmer to grind to 60 for me lol
                Have you tried using the method suggested by the grind step popup that appears and tells you that you don't actually have to grind when it tells you to grind, and you can instead just skip those steps and keep going until you run into quests you cannot do? The grind steps in the guide are not usually mandatory. There's no dynamic aspect to them where they're strategically placed where you absolutely must grind to go further. Instead, they are conservatively placed where it made sense to put them while writing the guides, and to make things a little easier for some classes.
                Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

yes I have tried skipping and than ran into not being eligible for quests the guide said to pick up.

I have since tried Dugi classic guide and so far so GREAT the guide also has all the features I've seen users in this forum asking for. I love zygor guides and you can tell by my join date here in the forums ive been loyal for a long time...………… this has just been so frustrating I had to try something ne thank you.

Comment

Working...
                  X