Worgen (1-10): The Battle for Gilneas City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worgen (1-10): The Battle for Gilneas City

It looks like this was changed in 8.2.5 and needs attention so others don't get frustrated as I did trying to find Krennan Aranas.
    He is no longer there to interact with. You simply go over the bridge and carry on as if you had talked with him.

Good guide to the new way is found at https://www.wowhead.com/quest=24904/...r-gilneas-city. Click "Newest First" and leoblin's post is the one to check out.
    I've copied it here :
    "How to actually do this after patch 8.2.5 fast and with no issues:

1. Ignore all the RP on the bridge and head straight to Gorerot (should be marked on your map)
    2. Wait for Gorerot to spawn if he's not there... might take a minute or two, then kill him using the cannons (no need to slow down or wait for any RP here)
    3. Run straight to Sylvanas (you can ignore all the trash)
    4. Kill the three Soultethered Banshees around Sylvanas
    5. Attack Sylvanas until she yells "Enough!" at 20% health and the quest completes!

The whole thing seems extremely buggy with NPCs spawning and despawning randomly all the time, but since 8.2.5 you can just trigger quest completion rather than having to wait for the buggy RP to play out properly, which is a very welcome change after all these years. It actually makes this horrid quest very fast to do, and more importantly you shouldn't really get stuck any more.

I've done this 4 times now reliably since 8.2.5 and I've never had any issues apart from having to wait for Gorerot to spawn.

Enjoy!"

--- Player information ---
    Race: Worgen Class: DRUID Spec: Guardian Level: 18.91 Faction: Alliance
    Position: Gilneas City ##202 36.41,55.90 (zone:'Gilneas City', realzone:'Gilneas City', subzone:'Greymane Court', minimapzone:'Greymane Court')

--- GUIDE ---
    Guide: Worgen (1-10)
    Type: LEVELING Parsed: yes Fully: yes
    Startlevel: 1 Endlevel: 10
    Next: Leveling Guides\Classic (10-60)\Kalimdor\Darkshore (10-60)
    Steps: 189 Labels: Evacuate_Market_Homes=7, Salvaged_Supplies=6, Orcish_War_Machines=178, Moonleaves=124, Forsaken_Castaways=93, Old_Journal_Pages=112, Invading_Forsaken=165, Forsaken_Infantry=155, Forsaken_Combatants=69, Free_Enslaved_Gilneans=148, Forsaken_Invaders=55, Wolfmaw_Outriders=177, Ogre_Minions=106,

--- STEP ---
    map: Gilneas City#202 /0
    floor: 0
    current_waypoint_goal_num: 4
    needsreload: false
    isFocused: true
    level: 0
    beta: false
    (COMPLETE, impossible, not aux)
    Goals:
    1. <Talk to Krennan Aranas>
    action: talk
    npc: Krennan Aranas
    dirtytext: true
    waypoint:
    prepared: true
    npcid: 38553
    was_clicked: false
    autotitle: 70.05,40.90
    force_nocomplete: true
    map: Gilneas #179 /0 0.7005,0.409 (no dist)
    2. "Tell him "Let us take back our city.""
    action: text
    was_visited: false
    3. <?>
    tooltip: If someone else has already started the battle, you will have to tell him "I wish to join the battle underway." instead.
    4. "Arrive in Gilneas City"
    action: goto
    was_visited: true
    map2: 202
    map3: 202
    force_complete: true
    map: Gilneas City #202 /0 -,- (no dist)
    quest: "The Battle for Gilneas City" ##24904 (no goal) - quest in log (id: not completed)
    Status: complete (COMPLETE, POSSIBLE, 0 progress, not aux, '1' WARNING)
    5. <?>
    tooltip: Follow the army into the gates of Gilneas City.

-- Auto Equip Information --Class: DRUID
    Level: 18
    Spec: Guardian

-- Travel Route --
    1. [2831] "Gilneas City 36,55" = Gilneas City 202 /0 36.4,55.9 [start] (closed) (context:start_start__walk_border) (tot t=0.0/0.0)
    2. [803] "Gilneas City/Gilneas border" = Gilneas City 202 /0 66.3,20.9 [border] (closed) (b/o:bd) (mode:walk from [2831]) (context:walk_border__walk_border) [my t=48.2/138.7] (tot t=48.2/138.7)
    3. [802] "Gilneas/Gilneas City border" = Gilneas 179 /0 67.6,42.4 [border] (closed) (mode:walk from [803]) (context:walk_border__walk_end) [my t=4.6/15.5] (tot t=52.8/154.2)
    4. [2830] "Gilneas 70,40" = Gilneas 179 /0 70.0,40.9 [end] (closed) (mode:walk from [802]) (context:walk_end) [my t=11.8/45.4] (tot t=64.6/199.6) (waypt: Gilneas 70,40)

Thanks for reporting this. We'll check into it to get changes made.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Comment

Working...
      X