Classic Guide fails to often

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Classic Guide fails to often

The WoD engine you developed for multiple layers of quests all on top of each other that started in WoD, is wrong for Classic. Constantly chasing mis-leading arrow suggestions to walk over to YOUR predetermined path (which is always out of the way, up to level 34 so far). Arrow says go to Mulgore, guide says go up the lift, neither one telling me why I'm going there. I can look over at the quest log, look at the map (use questie to see where stuff is at) and can figure out where and why you are having us go there.
    Telling us to run over 'there' to YOUR marker, only to find out, could have just walked straight ahead just 35 yards to get there, your way would have taken much longer.
    Clicking the guide constantly to make the arrow point to the correct direction is a PITA.
    Quest rewards, you choose almost always, the wrong item. I now use AutoGear addon so that I can get the correct rewards and put on the correct gear always now.

It feels like you did the bare minimum, to make it sorta functional.
    This is NOTHING like the GREAT guide you had going in 3.3.5.a -

From you folks, this is a very dismal showing for Classic Guide.
    DUGI Guide is putting you to shame actually, and he is still updating his.

Please have your veteran players go back and take a look at this messy navigation system, and check that the gearing system is working correctly. Having a warrior put on a cloth piece, is not a good idea, or same with hunters... for example, seen it happen from your guide. I type /AG scan, it takes it off, puts on the best gear always, is updated to work from Classic to whatever retail is on now.

I am working with Mage, Hunter, Warlock, Druid, warrior etc. All classes, all Horde right now, and not one has a good working guide.

Send us out to complete a task, tells us to go back to Crossroads turn it in, and off to another quest we go, as I watch as many as 2-3 quests I could turn in, fade away, wait, goes back, turns that all in, got some NICE GEAR to make the next quest easier and get more Silver

UD Priest leveling -
    had me go pick up quest called "Proof of Demise" [level 7] not started yet by the guide
    Tell me to reach level 10, which I am, and there is no quest inside UC from Father Lankester at all, let alone accept 'Touch of Weakness'
    Push the guide forward, now it says to Reach Level 11
    [7] Proof of Demise 0/10
    [9] At War With The Scarlet Crusade
    [9] Forsaken Duties (Completed)
    [10] Delivery to Silverpine Forest (Complete) {I picked it up manually knowing we would be going that way}
    [11] A New Plague

As to the Travel step directions - very wonky - go here talk to NPC - not really, close, just another 50 yards off.
    The places you want us to use to level up is not the best places, in Classic, retail maybe.
    During the traveling process, you still treat us like we can't see a road or path, we do not need all these incorrect go here, then here, when we can see where we need to go, and just walk in the direction.

Please put some time into the guide, remove all that WoD travel engine and go back to the one used in 3.3.5.a - it was awesome, this one is wrong mostly.

Comment

You may have gotten some clients, IF, you hadn't screwed up on the Classic Guide so bad.
      It fails so many times before you reach level 10, not much use.
      Those that may have thought it might be nice to try, won't bother with it.
      Absolute shame, you did not put the Classic Guide together properly, so folks might try it during classic (should be FREE - as 'we' PAID for this content long long time ago and nothing has changed.) Possible folks in Classic would like it, and IF they ever thought of going retail, they would not want to miss out on what they got used to playing Classic. - Guide is worth it in Retail for sure.
      Your Failure to deliver a proper working guide (like 3.3.5a was) has cost you so much, but we will never know now.

The retail version of the travel system, being used in Classic FAILS all the time with mis-leading information.
      Leave the building is one of them - really, we were not in a building. I know were the road is, having road markers all along the way, telling us to follow the road, is useless. All those USELESS in line text messages in the GUIDE telling us where we can find more mobs at, at all the different locations, just makes the GUIDE bloated, and useless.

Please create a horde toon of your choosing, other than UD - you will SEE instantly, before you get to Razor Hill, just how many dumb or fail things happen.
      Travel section needs alot of work.

Comment

Never had an issue like you describe with my troll hunter or orc warlock.
        Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
        http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Finally started the Alliance side - Dwarf Warrior - bad location for NPC in Iron Forge, the one that starts that weapon quest. She is in the Warrior's training room on the bridge.
          I see I have more spec options under most classes in Alliance - the guide actually works so much better on the Alliance side, sans the above.
          Anyone that knows how your guide works - creates a toon - and right off the bat, 1st direction, go over here to kill the pigs in the ORC/Troll side, is not wrong, but, bad advice. "everyone" that has played, "knows" you go to other side where there are much more mobs. You can do all the quests, sans the shaman totem quest, all on the one side where the cave is.
          You end up sending "everyone" into that cave twice, when you only have to do it once.
          The point I'm making is, in the starting area, STILL, after all this time - you have NEVER spent any effort to fix up the wrongs - nor remove all the rediculously wrong advice while traveling.
          ONE that sticks out like a sore thumb, Pick up the meats to Org in Rice Hill, TRAVEL sections say walk out to the road and walk all the way around the hill to get to that tower to pick up the quest. WRONG, still, since day one.
          You don't need to do anything but walk straight ahead, around the tree, up the hill, into the tower, jump down, and away you go to get crabs on the beach. Your way, you would still be walking up the tower while I was 1/2 to the beach.
          Since day one, it has been wrong.
          That alliance quest above- has been wrong since day one ... as you still have not fixed it.

Comment

To be helpful.
            Warrior Step 103, Muren Stormpike, is not located bye The Great Force, the NPC is located in The Military Ward, on the bridge, by the backside of the table.
            Warrior Step 104, Muren Stormpike is not located upstairs inside the building. She is still in The Hall of Explorers, on that bridge, so I could accept the next quest 'Vejrek'.

So obviously wrong, since day one. And all you had to do was create a toon, walk it thru once, and see how wrong it gets.
            When I have to stop playing to go look stuff up because your guide is wrong, since day one, and you are not attempting to do anything to make YOUR guide better, that you sell, then use the lame excuse, I have never saw that... just tells me you do not care, take no pride in your guide, and I'm starting to think, the real Cabby of ZYGOR, the one I worked with for YEARS to help make the guide better for everyone, has gone, and now your just milking it for you can.
            No pride left in the shop I see.

Comment

You get sent into that cave in the orc/troll starting area twice so that you can farm some extra xp with killing things along the way. If you are running past mobs in classic without killing them when they can give you xp then you are hurting yourself when it comes to leveling.
              Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
              http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
              http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Stop that! You don't tell us what to farm or when to farm mobs to gain XP. That is up to the User. Not your job!!
                I personally don't appreciate it, and do the quests MY WAY, so I never have to go into the cave twice, ever.
                Lame to do so, there are plenty other mobs to farm, without being stuck inside a cave where if things go wrong,
                you die.

Another thing that happens with this new Navigation system you developed for 'retail'
                You ask me to set Hearth, next direction, leave the building /rofl what?
                Then I have to go farm some mobs, guide goes from one line, go over here to kill quest mobs
                to
                You can find more mobs over here
                I open the world map and see the markers on the map were there are other places to go
                so I don't understand why you want to fill up the guide full of directions that are already marked on the map.
                The Navigation system does not fit properly in Classic, does not behave like it should, way to much hand holding
                I know how to leave buildings, I know how to follow a road, without trail markers all along the way, but wait, who travels roads?
                I travel in as straight a line as I can to reduce travel time and kill more mobs as I go.
                Navigation arrow is totally useless most of the time, because it is using the wrong travel engine.
                Use the one in 3.3.5a and you might get really close. Take the least amount of time to fix using it.
                Even when I disable the travel system, so it will point to the NPC's location, it's still will try to show the lame travel steps along the way.

But, you know what, I don't see you doing much with it any more, so I guess your just on the free ride from others very hard work.
                No matter, my subscription ends this year, customer since 2009 and I refuse to support you any further until you show me some effort.

Comment

Originally posted by ironbits View Post
                  Stop that! You don't tell us what to farm or when to farm mobs to gain XP. That is up to the User. Not your job!!
                  I personally don't appreciate it, and do the quests MY WAY
                  Then why are you using a guide, if you donīt want the guide to tell you what to do? No one is forcing you to go anywhere, you still have free will.

Comment

Another example of the lame travel system
                    Tauren Druid in Mulgor
                    Step 60
                    Guide says -
                    Talk to Baine Bloodhoof
                    ? Turn in 'Sharing the Land'

Arrow says Leave the building [what building? NPC is OUTSIDE by the Totem, and I was out questing, so have not had a chance to enter any building, let along leave one]

To the other person trying to come to your rescue - It's not about using or not using the guide - it's about ZYGOR not doing anything to make the guide right, yet released it, and it marginally works, do not see how a new person to the game could use it, it's so wrong so many times. Travel system is a kludge and a huge mess as is.

Thanks for the little bit you did turn out for Classic, better than nothing, about as good as questie, although they display much more information, and Dugi Guides is still actively working on his guide, perhaps I'll go that way...

Loyal customers hate it when the person/place they have been supporting for 10+ sees them just roll over and give up, start milking it for what you can get...

Enjoy the game at least

The GUIDE is HORRIBLE - he/she SELLS this stuff. I spent YEARS working on the guide with the original Cabby, not as a paid employee, as someone who wanted to get it right, so everyone could enjoy it.

I've made my point and will go away - it's just a crying shame we had such a great guide, only to watch it fall apart, not work as well, and just became a mess, and nobody cares to fix it.

Retail is not WoW, it's something else 'they' think is cool, found some folks that like it.
                    Even the old links to the OLD FORUMS with many years of history, are now gone, all redirects dump you to retail forum garbage they use now to replace it.

Time to move on, game will never be what it was, even this version of Classic is a terrible representation.

Comment

Working...
                    X