Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auction House

Hello,

As you know, with this major patch, the AH is completely revamped. Not sure that I care for the changes, but that is what life is all about, right? Other than the "Zygor scan," all of the Zygor AH stuff seems to be gone (as well as the mailbox). Any word on when it will be back (if it will be back). I relied very heavily on Zygor's AH product. Thanks for whatever info you have.

Tim.
    Last edited by subzero7; January 15, 2020, 04:09 AM. Reason: spelling

Agree with this everything is gone what is happening with the AH?

Comment

As a faithfull customer I am sure a fix is beeing worked on.
      Word from the devs would be nice on this though.

Comment

Can you guys please initiate an update today so that I do not get this error anymore when logging in to every of my chars.
        If you are retireing the auctionhouse components, please be radical with it.

Error during initialization sequence 'Gold scan startup':
        Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Functions.lua:1 72: Attempt to register unknown event "AUCTION_ITEM_LIST_UPDATE"
        -- STACKTRACE: --
        [string "=[C]"]: in function `?'
        [string "@[ZGV]\Functions.lua"]:172: in function `RegisterEvent'
        [string "@[ZGV]\GoldUI\Scan.lua"]:1161: in function `CreateWorkFrame'
        [string "@[ZGV]\GoldUI\Scan.lua"]:28: in function `func'
        [string "@[ZGV]\ZygorGuidesViewer.lua"]:619: in function <[ZGV]\ZygorGuidesViewer.lua:619>

Error during initialization sequence 'Auctiontools core':
        ...ddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\GoldUI\Auctiontools-Core.lua:1288: Attempt to register unknown event "AUCTION_ITEM_LIST_UPDATE"
        [string "=[C]"]: in function `RegisterEvent'
        [string "@[ZGV]\GoldUI\Auctiontools-Core.lua"]:1288: in function `CreateTrackerFrame'
        [string "@[ZGV]\GoldUI\Auctiontools-Core.lua"]:1331: in function `func'
        [string "@[ZGV]\ZygorGuidesViewer.lua"]:619: in function <[ZGV]\ZygorGuidesViewer.lua:619>

Comment

With Patch 8.3 Blizzard has made changes to the Auction House that adds in a lot of the features previously only possible with auction addons. It automatically prices items for you and there's no longer any need to undercut since they will just sell your item first for the same price. They also changed the back end code so that our own Auction Tools no longer function and would require a full rebuild to work again.

We originally added in Auction and Mail Tools because those features weren't built into the game and the third party addons available were very difficult to use. Now the game has many of these features built in (auto pricing, undercutting, auto mail collection) and third party addons have also become easier to use and more robust since that is their primary focus. Ultimately, our primary focus is on guides and for all these reasons we've decided to retire most of the Auction and Mail Tools components. However, we are evaluating the situation and will be retaining some features we feel enhance our guide experience, like the shopping list to quickly find Gold Guide deals. We're also looking into adding an Inventory list to make it easier to sell items.
          Last edited by Zygor Admin; January 15, 2020, 09:19 AM.
          Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Originally posted by hanbt View Post
            Can you guys please initiate an update today so that I do not get this error anymore when logging in to every of my chars.
            If you are retireing the auctionhouse components, please be radical with it.

Error during initialization sequence 'Gold scan startup':
            Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Functions.lua:1 72: Attempt to register unknown event "AUCTION_ITEM_LIST_UPDATE"
            [string "=[C]"]: in function `?'
            [string "@[ZGV]\Functions.lua"]:172: in function `RegisterEvent'
            [string "@[ZGV]\GoldUI\Scan.lua"]:1161: in function `CreateWorkFrame'
            [string "@[ZGV]\GoldUI\Scan.lua"]:28: in function `func'

Error during initialization sequence 'Auctiontools core':
            ...ddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\GoldUI\Auctiontools-Core.lua:1288: Attempt to register unknown event "AUCTION_ITEM_LIST_UPDATE"
            [string "=[C]"]: in function `RegisterEvent'
            [string "@[ZGV]\GoldUI\Auctiontools-Core.lua"]:1288: in function `CreateTrackerFrame'
            [string "@[ZGV]\GoldUI\Auctiontools-Core.lua"]:1331: in function `func'
            It looks like you're running the pre-8.3 version of the guides on an 8.3 server. Please update your guides to the latest version and it should fix this issue.

Comment

When I wrote my forumpost an update of the guide was not yet available in my client.
              An update that corrects the error when logging in to my chars is available just now and works perfect again. TNX!

Comment

Please add the collect tab back to mail. I like being able to selectively collect items without opening every mail.
                Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Admin View Post
                  With Patch 8.3 Blizzard has made changes to the Auction House that adds in a lot of the features previously only possible with auction addons. It automatically prices items for you and there's no longer any need to undercut since they will just sell your item first for the same price. They also changed the back end code so that our own Auction Tools no longer function and would require a full rebuild to work again.

We originally added in Auction and Mail Tools because those features weren't built into the game and the third party addons available were very difficult to use. Now the game has many of these features built in (auto pricing, undercutting, auto mail collection) and third party addons have also become easier to use and more robust since that is their primary focus. Ultimately, our primary focus is on guides and for all these reasons we've decided to retire most of the Auction and Mail Tools components. However, we are evaluating the situation and will be retaining some features we feel enhance our guide experience, like the shopping list to quickly find Gold Guide deals. We're also looking into adding an Inventory list to make it easier to sell items.
                  Okay, thanks for the update. I didn't realize when I wrote this, what had happened. Can't say I like Blizzards new AH. Too much like a bulletin board with no character. Oh well, something new to get used to. Thanks again.

Comment

While the below makes sense, one of the things that I rely on is the tooltip that tells me how much an item is currently/historically selling for on the AH. I like seeing this out 'in the wild' so to speak, because it helps me determine what to vendor, what to save, etc.

Currently, that functionality isn't working either. Is that intended, or is there a potential patch/fix on the way?

Comment

Originally posted by Koriani View Post
                      While the below makes sense, one of the things that I rely on is the tooltip that tells me how much an item is currently/historically selling for on the AH. I like seeing this out 'in the wild' so to speak, because it helps me determine what to vendor, what to save, etc.

Currently, that functionality isn't working either. Is that intended, or is there a potential patch/fix on the way?
                      That was removed unintentionally and will be restored in an upcoming update.

Comment

That was removed unintentionally and will be restored in an upcoming update.
                        Nice. I was missing that the most.

Comment

i was told that they are getting rid of the auction part of the addon I like knowing if somethings price is up or down and they say that ah does that now but it doesn't and they bald-faced lie to me when I was literally in the ah looking at it and no it doesn't tell you when something is stagnant or is selling this is why I have the addon mostly
                          Last edited by Kenny86; January 16, 2020, 07:29 PM. Reason: added more

Comment

I don't know whether it's just me not understanding the new Auction interface in 8.3 but it doesn't appear to undercut prices. When I drag something to the box on the Sell tab it comes up with the same price as existing auctions and I have to explicitly enter a lower price of my choosing. In fact this new interface doesn't really give me anything over what I had in 8.2.

(I know this isn't a Zygor issue - just moaning about the new interface that Blizzard have given us)

Comment

According to Blizzard listing it at the same price as the lowest will place you first to sell at that price. Essentially the same as undercutting without actually having to take a cut out of your profit. If it truly works like that we'll never know since no one can see the inner workings of it to verify the order in which things sell.
                              Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                              http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                              http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Working...
                              X