Another classic guide review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another classic guide review

I like the in game help, especially the arrow, but there's a lot of things, that needs to be worked on, if I should recommend it to others, considering the cost.

First off, the grind steps are WAY off. I had a grind step when I JUST dinged level 53, which is fair if true, but every single grind step I've had (and there will be many) there's always been quests to do in the near area, even easy quests to do.
    Also I wouldn't mind the guide taking the class into consideration. I'm leveling as a warlock and there's been several quests I've been told to skip because of too high level, but as a warlock, you can solo a lot of things, especially in the higher levels, with more talents and without having to take a long time to do. A few tweaks here and there and it could be really amazing, but is it worth the cost? You can find guides for everything Zygor provides, for free on the internet, so what you're really paying for, is the in game function and 9.99 the first month and 7.99 from then on, is a bit steep to be honest. If you can get to 60 within a month, I would recommend it, because the alt-tapping or watching guide on another screen, is just not the same.

TLR
    Don't get it, unless you hate having to look on a website for your next step and if so, only get it for 1 month.

Just a couple things of note. The grinding steps are setup the way they are in order to help spread out when you are doing your grinding instead of doing all the quests possible and then tell you to grind for 2 or 3 levels before you can keep going with the questing. You can always skip the grinding steps if you want but be aware that you'll hit a point where you'll have no choice but to grind for a couple levels just to be able to survive while questing.

As for the pricing you mentioned. It's always $7.99 per month. Since you're in a European country you pay $9.99 because of your VAT being added.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Hmm, maybe if you didn't include dungeon and dungeon quests, but I've never had to grind for 1,2 or 3 lvls before I could move on, but again, that might be because I did it was a warlock. I could see a warrior have some problems.

Comment

Our leveling guides do not include dungeons or dungeon quests.
        Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
        http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

I have to say that in my game play the only time the guide has had a grind step, telling me "Kill enemy in this area until level __" was when I was below level 10. I have since been out pacing the guide, due to rested exp or the occasional dungeon run, I'm assuming.
          I will say the the way point arrow if often "stupid" as in not smart, I'm not saying it's not good, but more often then I care to mention I will travel the most direct route to my destination and the arrow may have 4 way point along a less then direct route(for safety reasons I'm assuming) and if you don't touch every way point on the button the arrow starts telling you to back track until you touch it.

Comment

The leveling route I prefer, and generally use for the first ten levels (Starting in troll/Orc starting zone), is a bit different from Zygor's, and does have one step where I have to grind for about ten minutes. By level ten, my leveling route, and Zygor's leveling route meet up. Zygors has a few spots where it stops and tells you to grind in that scenario, but post level 10, it works about the same. So I just level my way till 10, then follow zygor, when zygor tells me to grind, I generally either skip the grind and tell the guide to continue on, or I go do a dungeon, and come back to the guide. Works out pretty well, with no need to stop for extended grinding.

@Willonship, The guide arrow has been like that for several expansions on retail as well. Most of the time it has specific way points to either route you around something nasty, or because you need to follow a certain path up a mountain side to get to where you are going. Several times by following the waypoint arrow, I have found myself exploring more area's, which gain me additional XP, or have taken me to shortcuts that I didn't know existed previously.

Side note @OP, you don't have to look at a website for the next step, the guide let's you skip past the grind section and continue on with the quest guide, it just gives you a warning that the quests/mobs may become more difficult.

Comment

Working...
            X