Classic Guide is horribly sluggish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Classic Guide is horribly sluggish

So after playing the guide through 30ish on horde and alliance, I am finding that this guide is very very sluggish.

Since there are no achievements in classic, not sure why it goes through all the quests in any given area.

This became apparent when I was running through Duskwood.
    Duskwood has a lot of long distance quest and many of them are less than 200-300xp, yet Zygor scoops them up and strategically has us go through them. The chains I understand, but some of these quests are single objective with very low xp. Many speed guides just skip them.

While the direction(N,S,E,W etc) to do this is great, the xp/hr is a waste. At the upper 20's to 30's the 200xp+ is a waste. There are several quests in Duskwood (for example) that yield thousands of xp and combined with other areas such as Ashenvale or Wetlands should be a much better route.

I am sure most will agree, if we have to walk a lot, best to get a few thousand xp for the turn in, than a few hundred xp LOL.

For years I used to think that Zygor was a guide to get to 60 fast and efficiently. This current guide seems to want to get all the quests as if trying to get a commpletionist achievement. Or doing test runs grabbing all the quests then figuring out a route, dunno, but sadly this guide is extremely sluggish. IMHO

Any thoughts?

ps
    Zygor is great for retail, as it comes in handy for the completionist achievement.
    My Gaming History from XFIRE! or
    STEAM Profile

The guides usually only have you pick up quests like these if they are, as you said, part of a chain, or they fall within the natural order of things as you move between quest hubs or zones or on the way to get a flight path. There shouldn't be any instance where we lead you real far out for no other reason than to pick up a breadcrumb quest if it doesn't fit the before mentioned criteria. If you know of a case please let us know so we can investigate why this would be. There certainly shouldn't be enough, if any, to make the guide sluggish.

In almost all cases the difference between retail and classic guides is caused by the difference in the design of the quest structure. Retail has been updated numerous times to give players the freedom to choose their own path, to venture off the quest path, ect. Classic isn't designed like that and requires a more rigid following of an exact quest path, otherwise you'll run into problems later in not being able to accept quests or having to grind excessive because you didn't earn enough XP.
    Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

O I hope I did not sound that the guides were poorly put together - quite the opposite, they are amazingly done. The classic one (being a longtime player (14yrs) and seen numerous speed guides throughout the years starting with J and BK, not to plug them, pro's will know these initials very well ) from zygor seemed slow, NOT that is poorly designed, far from it. Some areas are unavoidable with many guides as it is the only way to do it, as you mentioned, some areas are very strict on the quest-lines.

Most people pick up guides - free or no, to get the fastest way to 60. This one seems to get more into lore than speed leveling. However, this is just a not so loud personal preference, I've been using zygor since 2005ish+ back when it had the purple UI LOL, which I though was slick looking, albeit not in theme with any wow UI hahaha

cheers!
      My Gaming History from XFIRE! or
      STEAM Profile

Comment

Working...
      X