Guide: Magni's Plan - Blasted lands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guide: Magni's Plan - Blasted lands

Travel system says to talk to Thrallmar Mage to port to Blasted Lands. You should know that this is only available to a select number of people. Most of my characters have never been able to get this option. The travel system should add that if this option is not available to use the portal to Undercity, then portal to Hellfire Peninsula (must speak to Zidormi and ask for her help to ‘view past events’ if you have it set to present). Then walk thorugh Dark Portal.

--- Player information ---
    Race: BloodElf Class: HUNTER Spec: Beast Mastery Level: 120.00 Faction: Horde
    Position: Orgrimmar ##85 56.98,89.08 (zone:'Orgrimmar', realzone:'Orgrimmar', subzone:'Pathfinder's Den', minimapzone:'Pathfinder's Den')

--- GUIDE ---
    Guide: Magni's Plan
    Type: LEVELING Parsed: yes Fully: yes
    Startlevel: nil Endlevel: nil
    Next: nil
    Steps: 194 Labels: Turnin_The_Halls_of_Origination=30, Turnin_The_Engine_of_Nalak'sha=87,

--- STEP ---
    map: Burning Steppes#36 /0
    floor: 0
    current_waypoint_goal_num: 1
    needsreload: false
    isFocused: true
    level: 0
    beta: false
    (incomplete, POSSIBLE, not aux)
    Goals:
    1. "Discover the Location of the Object Mentioned by Wrathion"
    action: scenariostart
    dirtytext: true
    waypoint:
    prepared: true
    map2: 36
    was_clicked: false
    map3: 36
    map: Burning Steppes #36 /0 0.2298,0.2648 (no dist)
    quest: "Beginning the Descent" ##57290 (no goal) - quest in log (id: not completed)
    Status: incomplete (incomplete, POSSIBLE, 0 progress, not aux, '1' WARNING)
    2. <?>
    tooltip: Enter Blackwing Descent.
    was_visited: false
    3. <?>
    tooltip: Outside Blackrock Mountain towards the top.
    was_visited: false

-- Travel Route --
    1. [2908] "Orgrimmar 56,89" = Orgrimmar 85 /1 57.0,89.1 [start] (closed) (context:start_start__fly_portal) (tot t=0.0/0.0)
    2. [1079] "Portal to Blasted Lands" = Orgrimmar 85 /1 56.9,88.3 [portal] (closed) (b/o:bd) (mode:fly from [2908]) (context:fly_portal__portal_portal) [my t=0.3/0.4] (tot t=0.3/0.4)
    3. [1080] "Portal to Orgrimmar" = Blasted Lands 17 /0 54.9,50.1 [portal] (arrival) (closed) (modeortal from [1079]) (contextortal_portal__fly_taxi) [my t=15.0/42.0] (tot t=15.3/42.4)
    4. [108] "Stonard flight point" = Swamp of Sorrows 51 /0 47.8,55.2 [taxi] (closed) (taxi known) (mode:fly from [1080]) (context:fly_taxi__taxi_taxi) [my t=47.0/75.2] (tot t=62.3/117.6)
    5. [109] "Bogpaddle flight point" = Swamp of Sorrows 51 /0 72.0,12.0 [taxi] (arrival) (closed) (taxi known) (mode:taxi from [108]) (context:taxi_taxi__taxi_taxi) [my t=45.0/36.0] (tot t=107.3/153.6)
    6. [70] "Flame Crest flight point" = Burning Steppes 36 /0 54.2,24.2 [taxi] (arrival) (closed) (taxi known) (mode:taxi from [109]) (context:taxi_taxi__fly_end) [my t=109.0/87.2] (tot t=216.3/240.8)
    7. [2907] "Burning Steppes 22,26" = Burning Steppes 36 /0 23.0,26.5 [end] (closed) (mode:fly from [70]) (context:fly_end) [my t=34.3/61.7] (tot t=250.6/302.5) (waypt: Discover the Location of the Object Mentioned by Wrathion)

Do you know what it is that makes it available for some and not others?
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

No-one seems to know the exact cause or reason why some get the portal and some do not. The alliance version does work. It's the horde one that is bugged.
      The other travel option is to take the portal to Twilight Highlands and fly from there.

Comment

I am still facing this issue for month now. Guide is telling me to talk to an NPC to teleport. But this option is not available. On any of my chars.

When will this get fixed?

Thanks alot
        Love your guide!!!!

Comment

So this is actually a problem for all guides which have you going to the dark portal. The Thrallmar Mage does not have the option to click on I must report to the dark portal. Maybe this was around in the beta, but is not available now.

Comment

This is a known issue and we have it on our list to get fixed.

Comment

In the next guide update, this Thrallmar Mage method of teleporting to Blasted Lands will be temporarily removed for the Horde, until Blizzard fixes whatever the bug is.

Alternatively, we could try to build something into the travel system that would allow you to tell the system you can't, or don't want to take a travel option, such as this Thrallmar Mage, to bypass it. However, that's not something we're currently able to do, so it will be disabled for now.

The alternative travel path might be a little bit slower, but at least it will be reliable for everyone.
              http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor View Post
                In the next guide update, this Thrallmar Mage method of teleporting to Blasted Lands will be temporarily removed for the Horde, until Blizzard fixes whatever the bug is.

Alternatively, we could try to build something into the travel system that would allow you to tell the system you can't, or don't want to take a travel option, such as this Thrallmar Mage, to bypass it. However, that's not something we're currently able to do, so it will be disabled for now.

The alternative travel path might be a little bit slower, but at least it will be reliable for everyone.
                Thanks for answering. I think it would make sense to have this step in with a comment stating that it is currently bugged and then have the alternative way shown.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor View Post

This is still an issue for me, I thought this was removed from zygor?

Comment

I just used the Thrallmar Mage to get to Blasted Lands for the WoD expansion start. Make sure you are in the upper level of the portal room in Org. It was that Thrallmar Mage that I talked to and he sent me there. Not sure if there are more than one of those NPCs in the portal room.

Comment

Working...
                    X