This is getting old.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is getting old.

I've been a customer of your service for a few good years now. I have tolerated the MANY errors, late content updates, and general lack of polish for the addon.

I have found that in order to get the most of the addon, a good 80% of the features need to be disabled from the jump because they lack functionality, provide dated information, or just simply inefficient.

Gear Advisor: Who determines these stat weights? It's been said that yall tune it for leveling but it just doesn't work and ignores the fact that every time you get a piece of gear, you don't need to swap it out. Also, is it like reconfiguring every time you get a new piece of gear? Because when I get a piece from Bob, it tells me to replace my helmet... Then, as soon as I accept and close the huge pop-up on my screen, it tells me to put the exact piece on it just told me to take off. This has been happening, without improvement, since I've installed this addon - years ago.

So, you know what? Added to the list of disabled features.

Gold/Auction/Mail tools: There are constantly bugs with this section, whether I've just updated the "sync" feature on the desktop client or not, the addon continues to tell me how out of date the information is. It's unusable in its current state, has been for a long time, and unless it is totally revamped, it will continue to be utterly useless.

So, you know what? Added to the list of disabled features.

Content Guides: Want to work on your class hall campaign? Sure, there's a guide for it. Until you're stopped dead in your tracks because the addon wants you to wait for you to complete X amount individual table missions that take hours to complete each. I get it, there's times when you need that to progress, that's not Zygor, that's Blizzard. What I don't get is why the addon stops there instead of giving you the option to continue to content of the campaign thats available while you're followers are on said missions. Like, what's the point?

Also, rep guides. If you're going to put in a guide that tells you to just do world quests for rep or "complete x leveling guide," at least put a feature in the addon that a person can click that links them to the recommended guide. The fludity of the addon is non-existant.

. So, you know what? I don't use the rep guides because they are barebones and offer no advice. This is another feature I have to use an external site for.

What am I paying for here?

Leveling guides: constant errors, arrow errors, in correct information, failure to update on its on, etc.. etc... Not to mention, they are inefficient for people who just want to breeze through. Prime example: Elwynn Forest, there are ZERO reasons to detour, taking that SW quest that just introduces you to flight masters. Leave that for the Loremaster guide, or create a power-leveling set that takes advantage of all shortcuts and corner-cuts. Just because a zone now "scales with your level," doesn't mean it's the most optimal for leveling. Some zones are smaller, have a more streamlined questing experience and get you more levels faster. IE: Bloodmyst or Westfall. Which of the two are you choosing for efficacy?

Achievement Guides: We need details - an actual "guide" for these. It doesn't matter if the addon creates a link to a write-up you've done on the website, it just needs to do more than what it is doing now. Pathfinder, for example, give context. "Doing X amount of WQ's per-day should take you X amount of time to reach X rep." Simple calculations that yall should have on hand anyway from your research put in to the addon. It's a GUIDE. Not a to-do list.

There's a lot more, but I'm stopping here.

I'm not sure how big your team is, what your profits are, or whatever. However, I do know that this addon needs polish - and a lot of it.

Your criticisms are welcome and will be taken into consideration. However, insulting our team members is not so I would ask that you please refrain from that in the future.

Many of the aspects you named, Gear Advisor, Auction Tools, Class Hall guides, are some of the most dynamic parts of the game and are admittedly challenging to make work in all cases, 100% of the time.

In the case of Gear Advisor, we added a whole Item Score section where people can tweak the stats we use if they disagree with our choices. Unfortunately, there's no way for us to realistically run tests on the thousands of item combinations in the game, so we rely on users to report any issues. If you have examples where it is flat out wrong we would ask that you report the specific items this is happening with.

Auction Tools relies on Blizzard's Auction API, which can go down for weeks at a time, and recently Blizzard made major changes to the Auction House, both in its functionality and its data format, which affected our results. We try to provide accurate data but it's important to realize that these are still just estimates. We try to provide good information for players to then make their own knowledgeable decisions from. We've been considering scaling back on things in this area because of how difficult it is to provide consistently reliable data, especially since our key area of focus is more so on guides than being an auction addon suite. If you're looking for a more robust solution we'd recommend Trade Skill Master, as the auction house is literally all they focus on.

As far as content goes, I'll inform the team of your suggestions for improvement, however, in some cases, our design philosophy may just not match up with what you're desiring here. For example, your comment about getting the flight path to Stormwind in Elwynn, there's nothing inherently wrong with that choice, it would only be considered an issue if you're wanting a guide that strips things down to the absolute essentials and is aiming solely for fastest leveling time possible. We do aim for being fast and efficient, but we also factor in things that improve the players overall experience or have future benefits, like being able to use certain flight paths at later points in the guide, or having quests that come into play later as well, even if they might require a detour at an earlier point.

For Shadowlands we're planning to look over all our systems and customer feedback to see what areas we can improve for the next major version of the Zygor Guide Viewer.
    Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

To be honest, i feel same as crucial, iam here 5 years and at the start, it was great addon wich i use everyday for many features, nowadays? If half of addon functions work well, i doubt it. Guides, the ESSENTIAL part of your addon is outdated and visible dont have any updates in months, maybe years so. Older guides are streight trash and its unuseable. In common, i search for something (yesterday for mounts in warfronts to farm) and i dont get even a damn coordinates for the mob, wtf ? I just have to go to wowhead and manage all of it from comments in wowhead, so why iam paying here? Why iam even using it when i have to search for informations on different site?

If you are not comfortable about stronger words, dont ask money for your addon wich is now in super shit conidtion. In my eyes, you are going to do nothing, you have your money, "functional" addon and few idiots like me who pay, time for a change.

Reaction after 5 days says all.

Comment

Originally posted by rudyone View Post
        To be honest, i feel same as crucial, iam here 5 years and at the start, it was great addon wich i use everyday for many features, nowadays? If half of addon functions work well, i doubt it. Guides, the ESSENTIAL part of your addon is outdated and visible dont have any updates in months, maybe years so. Older guides are streight trash and its unuseable. In common, i search for something (yesterday for mounts in warfronts to farm) and i dont get even a damn coordinates for the mob, wtf ? I just have to go to wowhead and manage all of it from comments in wowhead, so why iam paying here? Why iam even using it when i have to search for informations on different site?

If you are not comfortable about stronger words, dont ask money for your addon wich is now in super shit conidtion. In my eyes, you are going to do nothing, you have your money, "functional" addon and few idiots like me who pay, time for a change.

Reaction after 5 days says all.
        Your frustrations are valid and we're making some changes to address these specific issues. One of the biggest challenges we face is that every update Blizzard makes to the game often includes changes that are unknown or not obvious to us. Even when they update with new content, they often change old content, a lot, thus breaking guides that had been working just fine previously. We're going to be focusing more on make sure old content stays updated. The changes to leveling in Shadowlands should also help, as we'll be able to access specific expansion content more easily. You'll start to see some of these changes post Shadowlands release.
        Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Working...
        X