Zygor and leveling alts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zygor and leveling alts.

I looked for and found Zygor because I'm an altaholic and a lot of the older content is clunky and confusing.

Many of leveling spots are still garbage, no matter what tools you have helping you. (See my rant about that at the bottom.)

Turning on Zygor when I'm leveling, even my mains, allows me to basically turn my brain off and watch some videos while I go through the motions.

I don't know how much the leveling experience will change when Shadowlands launches and everything gets squished down and also allows you to pick more modern expansions to level in, but Zygor will still be helpful.

I'm coming back at the tail-end of Battle of Azeroth and at first I leveled my DH with just WoW and some basic addons. I picked Vul'dun to be my first destination and I manually went through all of the quests I could find. Blizzard generally does an OK job of chaining things along so you don't miss any side material, but apparently not well enough.

I resubbed to Zygor and went back to Vul'dun on my warlock. In the little base just southwest of Atul'aman there was a questline that apparently I didn't even fully complete on my DH, because coming back with Zygor I finally found out what happened to the bully that came back to town. There were a few other little side quests I noticed that I had missed, like buying alcohol for the drunkard against the southern east side of the building.

Anyways, I haven't really got to experience other stuff that Zygor helps guide me through, but the leveling part is enough to be worth it. At least I don't have to alt+tab over to wowhead or even open my map to decide where to go next. It pays for itself in the time I save.

I really wish Zygor had ratings for leveling zones or even tips for zones that generally suck. Perhaps even ratings for each quest, so that maybe you can choose to skip things that are more of a waste of time. Sometimes these things can be subjective, but there are spots that are clearly, "AVOID AT ALL COSTS!" I think Ashenvale is one of those spots. I also found a spider killing quest in Western Plaguelands that had such terrible spawn that it literally made me give up and leave the zone.

So far, that is one of the only things I found to be an issue with Zygor and that's not really their fault.
    Last edited by Kovitikus; May 3, 2020, 02:33 PM.

Originally posted by Kovitikus View Post
    I really wish Zygor had ratings for leveling zones or even tips for zones that generally suck. Perhaps even ratings for each quest, so that maybe you can choose to skip things that are more of a waste of time. Sometimes these things can be subjective, but there are spots that are clearly, "AVOID AT ALL COSTS!" I think Ashenvale is one of those spots. I also found a spider killing quest in Western Plaguelands that had such terrible spawn that it literally made me give up and leave the zone.
    There are some problems with rating zones as it is often a question of personal preference and also population of the zone.
    I can only speak for the Alliance side and there I can recommend questing through Eastern Kingdoms. I think the reworked Ashenvale is not as bad as it was before Cata where you spent hours just walking through the zone from left to right (Darkshore was even worse due to the lack of flight points).

And in Eastern Kingdoms some zones that are easy can be a pain if there are other players doing the same quests just ahead of you. Or even worse, some level 120 guys are rushing through the zones.
    I remember a spider kill quest in Eastern Plaguelands in a cave in the west. The last time I went there it wasn't a problem as there are just enough spiders to do the quest. But just when I went out of the cave some poor soul just entered the cave...

Such plot stoppers are in every zone. For example I never managed to do Sholazar for several years because every time I entered the zone I saw some level 120 players killing everything in sight.

As Shadowlands totally changes leveling rating zones is not that necessary anymore.
    You start doing the racial starting zon from level 1-10 or the new zone Exile's reach.
    After that new players will go through BfA from 10-50 and then enter Shadowlands.
    Experienced players can choose one of any expansion for level 10-50 and then enter Shadowlands.

So the only question is: which expansion is the best to level through.
    I'd avoid expansions with long introductions and dialogs like WoD, Legion or BfA and go for WotLK or MoP.
    In the BC zones the quest quality is not that good and the Cata zones are a bit too big (except Hyjal) and maybe still have some phasing issues...

Comment

i really encourage people to leveling alts in prepatch .. and leveling with Zygor Guides on Classic also ... i made some video with alot of info check it out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyuY2cy1u3A&t
      I love Zygor Guides - Respect Zygor - You cant play without

Comment

Working...
      X