Secret Fish and Where to Find Them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Secret Fish and Where to Find Them

I just wanted to report, whether it's a bug or intentional I am not certain. I know Zygor occasionally struggles with instanced or similar zones, which led me to this theory.

On part 7, where you are to get the Thunderous Flounder, the guide will lead you to and open cliff edge next to Shado-Pan Monastery in Kun-Lai Summit (64:73). This location does contain secret fish which is why I am uncertain if this is intentional, but this spot is very difficult to gather them. I spent about an hour here farming dozens of failed fish, only to look it up online.

Most forum posts recommend post-"Mists of Pandaria" to take a special route from Shado-Pan Garrison in Townlong Steppes. There is an npc questgiver, who becomes a quest flight to Isle of Thunder where those same coordinates (64:73) now functionally takes me to Violet Rise (Isle of Thunder, a small island on the southeast coast with mobs, but does contain very easy to snag secret fish. Within ten minutes or so I obtained the Thunderous Flounder.

Both locations use the same coordinates (64:73), but unless you are on the Isle of Thunder, Zygor defaults to the Shado-Pan Monastery.

I hope this helps.

Interestingly as well, from here the guide is deeming Dalaran, Broken Isles as unreachable even though I have my Dalaran Hearth available. I am assuming this is from the weird "instanced" nature of Isle of Thunder.

Comment

I see in the guide file that it is set to send you to the Isle of Thunder for those Thunderous Flounder so I'm not sure why the arrow did not lead you there. Maybe Try doing a full guide reset to see if that helps at all with the arrow and travel system.

1. exit WoW
      2. go to the WoW/_retail_/Interface/Addons folder and delete the ZygorGuidesViewer folder
      3. go to the WoW/_retail_/WTF/Account/<your account name here>/SavedVariables folder and delete the Zygor files in there
      4. run the desktop client and install a fresh copy of the guides
      Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
      http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

I will give that a shot soon and report back, thank you.

Comment

Working...
        X