Search is broken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Search is broken

I do a search in game with the Zygor addon under the "current" tab for Drustvar, and "Drust" turns up the following three items:

1. Dungeons: Waycrest Manor
    2. Dailies: Drustvar World Quests
    3. Petsmounts: Drustvar Piglet

If I fully type out "Drustvar" it adds a fourth(!)

4. Achievements: Drust Do It.

So this behavior is just nuts in itself. Evidently, partial word searches are set to work on some fields of the data being searched and not others. Be that as it may, a word fragment should not turn up more results than a complete word unless you're doing BM25 style matching or equivalent or using query expansion, which I doubt you are.

What I'm looking for is the Drustvar leveling guide so I can take up where I left off. It's nowhere to be found. Under Leveling -> Battle for Azeroth -> Kul Tiras, I see just Mechagon Island and Nazjatar, neither of which contain the Drustvar content. I've done an update and a repair using the Windows Zygor client, but to no avail.

This points to a recurring problem that I've had, namely that unless Zygor prompts me to load the guide, it is generally very difficult to find the content that I am looking for.
    Last edited by Thucydides; June 27, 2020, 12:40 AM.
    "One useless man is a disgrace, two are called a law firm, and three or more become a Congress." -- John Adams

Try going into the guide viewer settings and in the Guide Menu section toggle the option to hide completed guides.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

That fixed it. I don't think that the search shouldn't be automatically excluding content, perhaps grouping it differently, but not excluding. Also, there's the partial match problem.
      "One useless man is a disgrace, two are called a law firm, and three or more become a Congress." -- John Adams

Comment

Working...
      X