First Impressions - Disappointing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Impressions - Disappointing

I am extremely disappointing in the leveling guid so far. I have not been able to start a single quest because the quest the guide is sending me to is not avaiable.

I am a returning WOW player and was level 115 when I left. I purchased the guide and went to start the guide. I first tried the war campaign and it sent me to accept "voyage to the west" well guess what.....there is not such quest available. The zone said I needed to be level 116 to do quests in that zone so I grinded until I was leverl 116. Still no quest.

So I decided to try the mysterious letter questline and the guide sends me into a building to click on a crumpled letter to start the quest. Well there is no quest there either.

My next attempt was to try the before the storm questline. The first quest there is "whatever happened to saffy flowers?" well I follow the guide and there is no quest available there either.

I am going to give this a few more hours while I poke around in game to make sure I did not do anything wrong. If I can't get started I am canceling my subscription.

I am not impressed with what I have seen so far.

It sounds like you are trying to do end game stuff without being properly at end game. I know that the Whatever Happened to Saffy Flivvers quest requires 120 and so does a lot of the War Campaign. Try using the Intro & Quest Zone Choice guide to go and make sure you have 1 of the 3 leveling zones unlocked and complete that zone's leveling guide. I would highly recommend making sure that all 3 of the leveling zones in BfA are completed before proceeding as you'll need to do them anyway when working on unlocking flying in the BfA zones. After that is done then work on the War Campaign and the Magni's Plan quest lines. When doing the War Campaign load it up at step 1 and make sure nothing was missed. The Magni's Plan guide will take you thru obtaining and upgrading the legendary cloak.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

I will try that. It has been quite some time when I played so I am not even sure where to begin.

Comment

I think I am on the right track now.

Comment

I figured it would be best to amend my review from this particular thread after getting the guide to work.

The guide itself works fantastic. Better than some of the other guides I have used. I have used Dugi Guides in the past and don't get me wrong it too is a great guide but I will say early reviews is that I like the Zygor guide better.

The guide was still confusing to me in the beginning and it took me hours to figure out where I went wrong. I do not know if this is something that could be corrected or not. It could have just been user error. I think this confusion may only really apply to returning users. When I returned to the game my main was level 115. When I launched the guide I cleared all the quests I had to start fresh. I then went to select a zone to level in from the guide. This is where I made my mistake.

I selected BFA and my assumption is that the guide would select some zones for me base on my level. So after the select Heart of Azeroth was opened with a list of quest lines. The intro and quest zone choice was already selected as I completed it already so I just went to the second on on the list and that was the War Campaign. It was there that I had my frustrations and until ZG Support responded I probably would not have realized I was in the wrong zones.

Since it had been so long since I last played I did not remember the names of any of the BFA Zones or quest lines. So it never clicked that I should select one of the folders above Heart of Azeroth and start leveling from one of them. Once I did that everything else was seamless.

So to recap if a new user picks up this guide they will not have any issues. Starting from scratch is always easiest. Starting at some of the late game leveling could be a little confusing because when selecting a guide it does not reflect the levels it would be good for.

But with all that said I now give this guid a thumbs up.

Comment

Glad to hear I was able to help with clearing up some of the confusion when you were returning.
            Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
            http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
            http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Working...
            X