Trouble missing quests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble missing quests

Hey, all. I'm a longtime, although seasonal user of Zygor. Building an Orc hunter in classic. Everything went well up to about L20 (every step was clear, quests met leveling rate, etc.). These are my questions/concerns:
    • My very first problem came when I was asked to dip into Stonetalon for 1-2 quests. I was asked to head right back to the edge of The Barrens to get a quest pertaining to Stonettalon. I couldn't get the quest. Went to wowhead and found I hadn't completed a prior quest in the chain. So I did that, *then* got the quest Z was calling for and moved on. Not a big deal and I'm sorry I didn't take better notes for the quest names. Anyway...
    • Missing quests - From that point forward quest pickup and completion has been strange. I'm sometimes asked to complete steps for a quest I don't have (the Silithid Egg quest in South Barrens). Last night I played for a while and Z had me pickup a couple quests that I started working on. After completing a step I noticed that 5-6 steps were skipped over. I went back and found that those were steps for quests I didn't have. I thought maybe they didn't apply to my level or something. Maybe not a big deal.
    • Grinding steps - I understand that Z wants me to be at an appropriate level for completing quests and since about L18 I've had grinding steps almost every level. Further, it has only taken me ~15 min of grinding to get where the guide wants me so I didn't think it a big deal. However, I'm at L24 and the grinding step came up when I was less than halfway through the level. This was more disappointing because it seems Z is skipping over other quests that would have been level-appropriate and not caused such a gap that needs be bridged with grinding.

Does above all seem expected? If not, what detail could I provide to help debug? Does Z write logs of questing history?

Thank you!

Sounds like maybe the SiS system is trying to skip stuff and then it getting messed up. Try clicking the quest cleanup icon to see if there is an option to turn off the SiS system.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Sounds good, I'll look at that tonight. One other thing I thought of:
      Z is always reminding me to get skills from a class trainer. I've purchased everything I can from both class and pet trainer. I'm still reminded every time I login, enter a capital city, or come near a trainer to do these tasks. They'd be super handy if they were relevant. I don't want to mute the feature, I just want it to be accurate.

I'll try disabling SiS (<-- what's that?) this evening.

Comment

SiS is the Smart Injection System.

We identified a bug today for the pet skills which causes it to keep showing them in the skill trainer window. Not sure how long it will be for that to be fixed but you can use the red and white icon to the right of the skill to ignore it. It will mean you'll have to remember to train them when you can but should help with the constant display.

Comment

I also just ran into my first problem with the leveling guide. level 23 gnome rogue here. I was questing in ashenvale when the guide asked me if I wanted to jump to the next section (stonetalon). I said yes and immediately clicked on the quest cleanup button. I abandoned everything it told me I wouldn't need including "On Guard in Stonetalon". Low and behold once I crossed over into Stonetalon the guides told me to go to Kaela Shadowspear and turn in....wait for it....."On Guard in Stonetalon". Or pick it up from that person which is not an option. Stonetalon Mountains(22-23) step 2.

Comment

Originally posted by ZG Support 1 View Post
            Try clicking the quest cleanup icon to see if there is an option to turn off the SiS system.
            Hey, so I got a chance to try this. I did:
            1. Use quest cleanup to abandon every quest it deemed unneeded (there were 2).
            2. Then clicked: The top SiS option (can't recall text), basically, "figure out the best guide for me to be using and get me started."
            3. There wasn't an option to disable SiS, as far as I could see.

Anyway, Z returned:
            zygor1.png

I'm a L24 player, though. I can just go along with it and see how it pans out? Doesn't feel right, though.

[edit 15 min later]
            So the guide had me head to Mulgore and pickup some quests I know I've picked up before (but unsure if I completed). It's now (I think) sending me to do a step of some quest that I *know* I've completed. I think the grayed out goal indicates I don't have the quest, eh?

zygor2.png

Yeah, the Kodo Liver is an object of Chen's Empty Keg, which I don't have and I'm sure I've completed.
            https://classic.wowhead.com/quest=822/chens-empty-keg

At this point the UI won't let me mark the step as complete (right click, Skip this step doesn't do anything) or advance past the step (clicking UI right arrow does nothing).
            Last edited by dingfod; September 7, 2020, 11:26 PM.

Comment

If trying to step forward does nothing it means you're at the end of that guide. It should have popped up a window to ask about loading the next guide. You can do that manually with the guide selection window. And yes, the grey line means you can't do it since you don't have the quest. It stopped there because of last step.

Comment

So from item #2 above in my message:
                1. Use quest cleanup to abandon every quest it deemed unneeded (there were 2).
                2. Then clicked: The top SiS option (can't recall text), basically, "figure out the best guide for me to be using and get me started."

I chose to cleanup unneeded quests and have Z help me do pre-quests in the ideal guide. I was then told to pickup some quests and go work on a goal for a quest I didn't have and that also happened to be the last step in the guide for which I was 3 levels above the guide's level range.

I'll just have it recommend a new guide and see how it goes from there, but I feel like Z isn't advising me in the right direction.

Comment

Working...
                X