Exile Reach Guide to level 10 finished at level 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exile Reach Guide to level 10 finished at level 9

I and my partner who both have Zygor installed wanted to experience levelling together and to explore the new Exile Reach zone.

Just an added note: The sharing mode was great once we figured out why the guide wasn't automatically moving to the next segment like it usually does. It because both parties need to hand in, pick up etc before it moves on. So you might have completed the next segment in the guide but if your buddy hasn't the arrow/guide won't move on until he/she also also completed that segment. It's pretty cool.

Anyway, we reached the 'level 10' training for a mount when we were still level 9. So the quest was not available.
    We Left Orgrimmar to kill mobs to reach level 10 before we could go back and complete the training for the mount so not a big deal. We needed to kill somewhere in the region of 30-40 mobs before we leveled so some tweaking might be needed.
    Ideally the guide should know what level we are before it sends us to pick up a quest that isn't going to be there and send us somewhere to grind mobs until we are.

Other than that we had a lot of fun.

Another note: Legion artifacts are now as far as I know not worth doing unless you want it for transmog so should the guide not mention that?

This sounds like a symptom of many people being in the zone (which always happens at major launches), and something we can't account for. If there's a lot of other players killing enemies so that you can just run through quest areas without having to kill much of anything, that will reduce the XP you get from the starter zone. We included every soloable quest in Exile's Reach, leaving only 1 group quest out. If there's many people in the zone, and you're worried about not hitting level 10 by the end, you could do the 1 group quest on your own, and that should guarantee you hit level 10. We don't include it because our Leveling guides are designed for solo play.

Personally, I suspect Blizzard may increase the XP gained in Exile's Reach to always ensure you hit level 10, no matter what, since it's clear that the questline is intended to immediately navigate you to get your mount and select a talent specialization.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Any character that has chosen their racial newbie zone in the selection screen. Once you've committed, there is no way to backtrack and go to Exile's Reach instead. The only choice is to start again on a new level 1 and select Exile's Reach.
      Death Knights and Demon Hunters. They start at level 8 in their class-specific starting zones.
      Allied Races. Allied Races begin at level 10 and are not given the option to go to Exile's Reach or any other 1-10 zone.

Comment

Working...
      X