Back to leveling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back to leveling

Ok now that i had some failure with raiding guilds and everything i'm ready to get my feet wet and get back into leveling my characters. going for the goal!

I just have three problems that i come across.

1.Professions
    2.Leveling Method
    3.keeping balance

I explain each of the questions below.

1. Professions well i thought of how to go about this and was thinking should i have one toon with each type of skills/the gatherering skill required or have just one toon (Say my dk or druid) with two gatherering skills and the rest with trading skills so they will be better geared for whatever is to come and better off. and put that character on farm duty.

2.Well thanks to recuilt a friend all my toons are between 60-80 i thought of going at them one at a time from 60-80 or take a second method and get them from 60-68 then 68-80 i thought about this method bescause it's easier to quest and easier to get around and help if needed once i get to northern and get the hard part over with first.

3.Balance is just in relation to comment two mostly and been thinking what to level first and how my projects are the following. as note to one my own maxed level profession is my mage (my main for a long time) with Engineering and mining)

71-Dk (Easy to solo with)
    66-War (I need to get gold on this guy so i can have food for cooldown stuff)
    64-Priest (Disc spec below average for leveling but amazing for dungeons)
    62-Hunter (Easiest class to level so may leave it for later)
    61-Druid (Need gear debating on leveling Kitty or boomkin)
    61-Warlock (Affliction Curses ^_^)
    60-Rogue (I really need help with this guy) http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...rhood&n=Daggar
    60-Shaman (Rawr! Enchantment maybe will try elemental later i dunno.)

I have a hunter main and some other alts.

One of those is a rogue, being levelled for a massive pickpocket spree - and other functionality.

A fantastic source of rogue levelling information is:

ShadowPanther.net >> Zodar's Rogue Leveling Tips

Comment

as far as your professions go, I would say this...

get 2 gathering professions, and gather as you level. Don't try to level a production/service profession while leveling. It slows you down in so many ways. I would level and gather, sell my gains, and when I got to 80 and had the time and money, I would worry about leveling another profession.

Having a production/service profession in mind will help, though. For example, let's say you wanted to do Blacksmithing. You could get skinning and mining. Sell your skins and ore/bars on the AH for money, but out of every 4 stacks of ore/bars you have, bank 1 of them. By the time you are 80, you will have a nice stack of mats to begin the BS leveling process, without having wasted any leveling time to do it.

Just a suggestion.

Comment

This is what my general idea was.

Give a easy to travel with class a gatherering professions such as DK, Druid or Hunter (Like Mining and Alch)

Then give my rogue skinning and LW and have those two classes be my gatherers for the rest of my characters and have the rest of them focus on skills to imrpove there PVE and focus on getting at least one of each trading profession so i can self supply myself so i will rely less on the AH.

The Leveling process is hard to me because i find myself bouncing between characters alot.

At this point i think if i really focus it should take me 2 weeks a character (but knowing me longer with way life is going and how easily distracted i can be)

i also have an orc hunter i've been debating on moving but since i have a 62 alliance hunter i'm a bit meh on that.

anyways besides pally and mage what would you guy reccomend to level? that be fun end game at least or fun to level

At 80 i play the following

A pally (Tank and Holy Specs) Both specs are fun and intresting i enjoyed my time as a tank and ready to learn the ways of a healer if people do not demand perfection from me from the get go.

A Mage has been my first character and my main for as long as i can remember i loved mages since when i was 4 and made a 3 black mage 1 white mage team in final fantasy 1 in 1990 My mage i played since beta and just started raiding 6 months before Wraith came out in Kara and ZA it was a wonderful experience and always feel like a class i can learn more about people may make fun of me because i'm a gnome but this little gnome can crit for high numbers.

Hunter-Finally from my DND days a Ranger that has done it right the aspect between a animal and himself i love to see rangers or hunters more then just a warrior with a bow and being and raiding as a BM hunter has been a blast i love to walk in there and shock the Marksman and survivalst hunters when the only DPS that can outdo me DPS wise in raids are arcane mages pet management was a really fun thing to learn and master i just wish i could get a sprite beast.

Comment

My raid leader recently have been showing me the greatness of druids i bought duel spec with my own and seems easy to get into groups even though i don't perform well.

My intrest is currently pointed on my warrior (leveling wise) but i'm having a hell of a time level my lil warrior he just hit outlands.

Maybe someone could lend a hand for suggestions

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ood&n=Gearhand

Comment

Working...
          X