No announcement yet.

Talent Builds Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updated previous post spec. Did some testing with it and found out that Spirit Tap is useless in a group as it won't go off unless you actually kill the mob, which you'll never do with being the healer.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I didnt see any other place to post this question. I am a lvl 53 lock and i decided to go from demonology to affliction per the suggested zygore talent spec. I also got the glyphs they show. now my questions is. What spell rotation are you suggesting when solo leveling, and what spell rotation do you suggest when you run a random 5 man. And i'm sure as before, if you solo you use voidwalker and if you are running an instance you use the imp right?

thanks guys

Comment

The pets sound right, voidwalker to tank for you when solo and the imp for more dps when in a 5 man instance. As for rotations, I'm not personally sure what's available to you at that level but I'd say in an instance you'd want to use the spells that will put out the most damage in the least amount of time. Lots of the mobs in instances don't last long enough to get full DoT duration so you could end up losing your damage/mana efficiency trying to use DoTs. When soloing I'd suggest using more of the DoTs and maybe a wand (it's not considered casting for mana regen) as long as the mobs aren't taking down the voidwalker too fast. It's easy to use a health funnel or consume shadows after the fights to get the pet right back up in health and keep going and the DoTs will help you to not have to life tap as often.

Comment

Here's a Discipline build for grouping/raiding priests that would prefer this tree.

Code:
          ZygorTalentAdvisor:RegisterBuild("PRIEST","Discipline Group/Raid (56 / 15 / 0)",[[
              5/5 Twin Disciplines
              2/2 Improved Power Word: Fortitude
              3/3 Silent Resolve
              3/3 Meditation
              1/1 Inner Focus
              3/3 Improved Power Word: Shield
              2/3 Improved Renew
              3/3 Mental Agility
              1/1 Soul Warding
              4/5 Mental Strength
              3/3 Enlightenment
              2/2 Focused Power
              3/3 Improved Flash Heal
              2/3 Focused Will
              3/3 Rapture
              2/2 Renewed Hope
              3/3 Divine Aegis
              2/2 Grace
              5/5 Borrowed Time
              1/1 Penance
              1/1 Pain Suppression
              1/5 Mental Strength // Now 5/5
              1/3 Focused Will // Now 3/3
              2/2 Aspiration
              5/5 Holy Specialization
              5/5 Divine Fury
              3/3 Inspiration
          ]],[[
              Major Glyph of Power Word: Shield
              Major Glyph of Flash Heal
              Major Glyph of Penance
              Minor Glyph of Fortitude
              Minor Glyph of Levitate
              Minor Glyph of Shadowfiend
          ]])

Comment

Originally posted by onyxius View Post
            I didnt see any other place to post this question. I am a lvl 53 lock and i decided to go from demonology to affliction per the suggested zygore talent spec. I also got the glyphs they show. now my questions is. What spell rotation are you suggesting when solo leveling, and what spell rotation do you suggest when you run a random 5 man. And i'm sure as before, if you solo you use voidwalker and if you are running an instance you use the imp right?

thanks guys
            I got this guide to use with my lock starting at lvl 44. This rotation/strategy has worked quite well for me up to lvl 58 currently (stopped to lvl DK to 80).

First I send in my VW to tank for me, counting 2 seconds after he has engaged the mob to ensure aggro hold. then;

1) Curse of Agony
            2) Corruption
            3) Immolate
            4) Wand DPS

It is rare that I need to worry about the curse of weaknes or similar as the VW is extrodinarily resiliant. The most I have to heal him (which is rare in itself) is twice.

In 5 mans I use the felhunter with aggro hold off, and control him using passive/defensive as I need so he wont pull other mobs.
            "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

I would do life tap(if at full health) after the immolate followed with drain life. With the correct talents, this will keep you near full health and mana for little to no downtime.

Comment

Really not good at this type of thing

Here is my problem; i don't really know what i am doing here. I am trying to load a build from one of posts in this thread, and can't figure out what I am doing wrong. I copied the build into notepad, and then saved it, but I couldn't select to save it as a .lua file. So, I renamed it with the extension .lua and then went into the Talent Advisor and it's not there Please help!!!!

Comment

Did you make sure the name of the file is Build01.lua without any .txt at the end? Also don't forget that the very first line in that file needs to be:

if not ZygorTalentAdvisor then return end

Comment

I'm having the same problem, too. I ended up changing the encoding to (I think) Unicode from a little pull down menu on the save window and that made it save as a lua file but I still couldn't find it in-game. (There was no other way to get it to not save as a text document, that I could see). So, I'm thinking maybe it needs to be another one of the encoding options but... I ended up just giving up and picking one of the talent builds that are already there. :/
                    80 Tauren Hunter - 75 Blood Elf Paladin - 54 Tauren Druid - 47 Undead Mage - 25 Dwarf Paladin - 26 Human Mage

Comment

Don't forget that for these builds to show up the file name has to be in a specific format. The 'B' in the word Build NEEDS to be capitalized and this needs to be followed by a 2 digit number ranging between 01 and 40. Lastly the extension has to be .lua. If your working with Vista or Windows 7 these operating systems like to hide the file extensions so sometimes if you think you've re-named the extension you actually didn't. You'll know if you re-name the extension because a pop up window will show asking to confirm and telling you some stuff might not work right if you re-name it.

Comment

Ok, I didn't get that window pop up and I am using Vista. As far as the file name goes, I copied and pasted the file name right from your post to avoid any issues like that. So, I guess it has to do with Vista and the filename.
                        80 Tauren Hunter - 75 Blood Elf Paladin - 54 Tauren Druid - 47 Undead Mage - 25 Dwarf Paladin - 26 Human Mage

Comment

In Vista when you have your folder open click on Organize and select Folder and Search Options. Then click on the View tab and un-check the box marked 'Hide extensions for known file types' then apply and click OK. This should now allow you to see the actual file extension in that folder so that you can change it.

Comment

ok, well that just let me see the file extension without having to hover over the filename. That wasn't where I was having an issue. The issue was I didn't know how to actually save it as anything else but a text document (or even a "working" lua file). I ended up playing with the Encoding button again. Where it has the pulldown menu that says "Save as type" I chose "All files" (it's only that and text documents). Then from the Encoding pull down menu, I think I chose UTF-8 and that worked. I now have it in game. So, that's good. I don't understand it (lol) but at least I was able to get it in-game. Thanks.

Comment

Talented

What I think would make the Talent Advisor perfect would be for it to have either integration with or, on its own, more of the look and functionality of the Talented addon.

If you haven't seen Talented before it shows all three trees in full in one pane so there is no scrolling to see the bottom of the tree or tabbing to see other trees. It also allows you to create and save templates for builds which you can use as a guideline for assigning your talent points or assigning them all at once in the case of doing a respec.

If the Talent Advisor had the one big pane and the ability to create, save and apply templates either on its own or via Talented integration it would be awesome!

Make it so!

P.S. For custom builds, can you put more than one in a file so you can have say all Paladin builds in Build01.lua or is it limited to one per file?
                              Last edited by tedebearnc; January 14, 2010, 09:13 PM. Reason: Question added

Comment

Recommendation for level 80 dungeons, raids, and faction quests for rep

I was wondering if I could get a recommendation for an undead Lvl 80 Mage to run dungeons/dailies/raids. I have used the Zygor PVE Frost build 18/0/53 to level thus far and am partial to frost and it's survivability but DPS can be a problem so I am about to dual spec and was considering an arcane build.

I am also curious on the different spell rotations for each build. I know there are websites that talk about this but I just wanted to know what Zygor users are doing once they hit 80.

Comment

Working...
                                X