Ghostlands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ghostlands

I'll start first. Your guide is amazing but I'd like to be added Ghostlands since it's a more rewarding zone compared to the old one (I see many people leveling there and they're not all blood elfs, and plus for a blood elf it's better leveling in that zone from 1 to 20 without moving so much and plus you'd give people another zone to choose from to level from 12-to 20) in terms of gear and experience but it's just a suggestion. Thanks John

Agree whole heartedly

Yup Ghostlands is great for blood elf hunting gear. Luv it luv it. So ditto on adding Ghostlands as a choice.

Comment

Will take this into consideration, thank you. Would you guys rather have the guide go 1-13 in starter areas, then 13-20 in the ghostlands for all races?

The reason we haven't already done this is because there are a lot of chain quests in the Barrens and we don't want some people to level in the Ghostland, and some in the Barrens, and then the people who leveled in Ghostlands get stuck having to skip quest chains later on.

It would need to be either Ghostlands, or the Barrens, we cannot have both, unfortunately.

The same goes for Alliance, with level 1-13 in starter zones, then 13-20 in Bloodmyst Isle. Or would you prefer Westfall/Loch Modan?

What do you guys think? Maybe we should do a poll?
      Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
      http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
      http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

I think a poll would be a great idea, so that you don't waste time doing anything. I, as Alliance, would love to hit Bloodmyst Isle. However, Westfall and Loch Modan are not nearly as boring as the Barrens.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor View Post
          Will take this into consideration, thank you. Would you guys rather have the guide go 1-13 in starter areas, then 13-20 in the ghostlands for all races?

The reason we haven't already done this is because there are a lot of chain quests in the Barrens and we don't want some people to level in the Ghostland, and some in the Barrens, and then the people who leveled in Ghostlands get stuck having to skip quest chains later on.

It would need to be either Ghostlands, or the Barrens, we cannot have both, unfortunately.

The same goes for Alliance, with level 1-13 in starter zones, then 13-20 in Bloodmyst Isle. Or would you prefer Westfall/Loch Modan?

What do you guys think? Maybe we should do a poll?
          Your point is valid, will people go from durotar to Ghostlands for the 13-20 part? Some people yes some people no, for example if you roll a druid it doesn't worth to go to Ghostland since it isn't designed for gearing up druid (maybe using the rogue type rewards) but it's a good zone as Bloodmyst is, and since all the "weak" guides has Ghostlands and Bloodmyst, you'll blown away the competition in this way knowing how you work. In my opinion dear John they should be added. Bloodmyst and Ghostlands are good zones for questing and getting nice gear for most classes, I see a lot of people questing there even not being a Draenei or a Blood Elf. And think also that a for a lot of people rolling a Draenei or a Blood Elf it's faster having the option to go these 2 zones. That's my thought. My 2 cents, or better my 2 eurocents.

P.S But there's also the problem of the quests chain, I didn't think of that. Maybe re-designing the start of the 20-25 guides? Is it doable?

Comment

well, here's an option...

You can leave your guide structure as-is, where you have coded it to go to your 13-20 Barrens guide (next Zygor's Horde Guides: Main Guide (13-20)). But you could still write a 13-20 Ghostlands guide. When the player gets to the end of their 1-13 guide, they could simple pick the 13-20 Ghostlands guide from the pull-down menu inside the guide viewer, follow it to level 20, then pick your main guide 20-25 from the pull-down menu and be right back on track again.

Maybe at some point you could do a link, that the player could click (at level 13) that would load the appropriate guide he chooses (Barrens or Ghostlands)...kinda like the way you have links in the guide now for useables and hearthstones...but until then, this would be a simple, easy way to get the Ghostlands guide ingame.

Comment

Originally posted by danarris View Post
              well, here's an option...

You can leave your guide structure as-is, where you have coded it to go to your 13-20 Barrens guide (next Zygor's Horde Guides: Main Guide (13-20)). But you could still write a 13-20 Ghostlands guide. When the player gets to the end of their 1-13 guide, they could simple pick the 13-20 Ghostlands guide from the pull-down menu inside the guide viewer, follow it to level 20, then pick your main guide 20-25 from the pull-down menu and be right back on track again.

This way it's the player's option.
              As Zygor said:

"The reason we haven't already done this is because there are a lot of chain quests in the Barrens and we don't want some people to level in the Ghostland, and some in the Barrens, and then the people who leveled in Ghostlands get stuck having to skip quest chains later on."
              Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
              http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
              http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

how many quest chains are in the Barrens guide that would carry over past level 20?

because if there are only one or two, the player could still be told to pick them up, even if the starting quest was grey at that level for them because of their Ghostland leveling...

Comment

I know Joana's Guide has BE's go all the way to 20 in there zone and have every one else go to the Barrens and that guide has the BE do like 5 quest in the barrens to get them caught. But It is a lot of running around to make up those quest. Id like to stick with the Barrens. Because I have gotten so use to the Barrens and the quest chains through there. This is my cents on this subject.

Comment

I vote that we put a pole up for accurate tallying.

Gear rewards at this level are out-leveled so fast that they shouldn't really be a consideration. However, for the folks rolling druids... that's a looooong run to get your spells when needed. ... but, 8 out of 9 classes being able to benefit from faster leveling due to better quest design far outweighs the disadvantages. Besides, it is only every other level, and some spell levels can be skipped all together.
                    I am CDO. This is a lot like OCD, except the letters are in alphabetical order... as they should be.

Comment

I don't know what you have against Ghostlands, every crappy guide has it, I don't get why John's guide that it's the best shouldn't have it.

Comment

It's not about having anything against the Ghostlands. This guide was started, I believe, before there was a Ghostlands, and to re-write a big portion of the guide to take into account a dozen quests or so is asking a lot.

This is just a guide and does not mean you have to follow it to the letter. If some wish to do some quests over in Ghostlands, then by all means go do them and then just sync yourself up with the Zygor guide later when you're done.
                        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Working...
                        X