Lvl 14 Grind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lvl 14 Grind?

I'm lvling a 13 dwarf paladin got to step 9 and it says i should be a lvl 14 that's a half of lvl grind and I have not been skipping over any of the lvl check steps. I was wondering if any1 else had this or is just dwarf pallys or is just me?

I just looked over the lua, and (without playing it) I agree...from the step you ding 13 (in the starting guides) until the step you ding 14 (in the 13-20 main guide), there isn't enough quests listed for me to believe that you would be able to advance an entire level.

But I will have to start a character and play this to confirm.

Comment

We are testing this, not sure how that happened. Definitely shouldn't be that way.
      Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
      http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
      http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

I noticed this awhile ago, but just kept on going anyways. I've always been caught up by the time it says "you should now be lvl 15". If you're not totally caught up by then, turn in the wool cloth donations in SW and IF, or buy a deadmines run :-P.
        Lifetime Natural Bodybuilder

Current Weight: 222
        Goal Weight: 198
        16 Weeks til WI State Fair Bodybuilding
        22 Weeks til NANBF Badger Classic

Comment

The lvl 15 Ding for me was right when it should be but I did my pally quest and grind for 2 bars to get to lvl 14 for that step.

Comment

Alright, possibly the "You should be level 14" step needs to be pushed forward to a more accurate location in the guide, since the guide seems to be correct when saying you should be level 15. Thanks.
            Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
            http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
            http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Im saying that the distant from the lvl 14 step to the lvl 15 step is just barely long enough. I think more quest need to be include pre lvl 14 or there might be missing quest? Because i add to do extra quest not included in the guide and grind a little bit

Comment

I would have to agree that more quests need to be added between the level 13 ding and level 14 ding.

I just passed this point with a Mage and now I am there with my Lock. I would say that each was only about 25% through level 13 when I hit the "you should be level 14" point in the guide.

With my Mage I was able to gain a lot of xp through the "Donation of Wool" quests. I didn't really like doing this, because I like to save those for later, but grinding through 75% of a level wasn't very appealing to me. This option of donating the cloth takes time, but the other alternative would take the same, possibly longer, amount of time, I'm guessing, plus chew up my rested xp.

I also picked up the quests to visit the Flight Masters in Westfall and Stromwind. Every little bit helped close the gap and I was able to get my mage to ding 14 without to much grinding.

I plan on following the same rountine with the Lock.

Comment

Maybe its something to do with averages?

You get some of the cooking quests or other "drop" quests around this level, perhaps you've just got lucky in that you haven't had to kill lots of mobs. During these quests, you may have been killing level 9s instead of 11s, tiny differences in XP that add up?

I noticed this myself at the lower levels, around level 7,8,9 but after that, it's not popped up once, not at least until level 29 when i decided to whack on an heirloom.

I think that if at any time you need to grind, do it for sellables, so if you're a skinner, go grind some skinnable mobs, or those for cooking ingredients etc.

Comment

Working...
                  X