Secret Life of Tweeting Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by juverna View Post
    Great idea about twitter.....but how about Facebook? I know we would love to see everyone's happy face!!!
    We might be able to work something out
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

i personally would rather the spam, and i make an email rule so you get your very own folder.

/sigh
      I guess you are going to force me to make one of these senseless twitter accounts.
      I am CDO. This is a lot like OCD, except the letters are in alphabetical order... as they should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Werderx View Post
        i personally would rather the spam, and i make an email rule so you get your very own folder.

/sigh
        I guess you are going to force me to make one of these senseless twitter accounts.
        You don't have to get an account. Just go to www.twitter.com/zygorguides

You should be able to read the updates without an account.
        Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
        http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

You can also get the RSS feed without a Twitter account.

I agree that I'm not a big fan of Twitter and people always posting Tweets about everything they're doing, but in this case when it's only a Tweet once every couple days to inform us, the Zygor users, about what is happening with the developement of the guide, then I love the idea. And it's even better for me now that I've been able to set it up as an RSS feed for my cell phone because I don't even have to go to the Twitter site and I'll still be able to see what new posts Zygor might make concerning the guides.

One more thing to keep in mind is that no one is making you use the Twitter stuff to keep updated. As was pointed out, the Twitter stuff is already visible here on the site in the members area every time you log in.
          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by ZG Support View Post
            Could always send them a link to our free trial

Just a suggestion.
            Actually I did send them the trial links from that subscribe form under the video that one day and they downloaded it and tried it. I tried to convince them to buy it quite thoroughly so hopefully some day they will.

Comment

Sadly I find this announcement disappointing.

I have no issue with frequent updates, as long as the QC behind the fixes is maintained. My issue is with using twitter. I may be old fashion but I don't need to know you are going to bed or that you are watching the Simpson's right now. I know, you are thinking along the lines of version and bug tracking and maybe twitter is good for that. I don't know and I refuse to go to any social networking sight for any reason. I also don't allow those through my proxy at the house so the daughter can't get to them either.

Ohh well, I am old fashion and the world will keep changing but "by golly I'll fight these young whipper snappers to the end!"
              Cairne Realm
              Main: 100 Human Prot Pally
              Alt#1: 100 Tauren Resto Druid
              Alt#2: 60 Dwarf Beast Hunter

Comment

Get with the times gramps XD lol

But really, great job Zygor =)
                I've always felt that little updates to correct errors in your guides trumped the old fashioned "service pack" updates lol.

Comment

Chuckle

My Lock's name is "Gaffer" so guess I can be as old fashion as I wanna be

Code:
                  Main Entry: gaf·fer
                  Pronunciation: \ˈga-fər\
                  Function: noun
                  Etymology: alteration of godfather
                  Date: 1589

1 : an old man — compare gammer
                  Cairne Realm
                  Main: 100 Human Prot Pally
                  Alt#1: 100 Tauren Resto Druid
                  Alt#2: 60 Dwarf Beast Hunter

Comment