Zygor Says - "Want Some Gold?" Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spasm View Post
    bit confused about "free bonus matirial" for people who already have the guide why would you do that?
    Why wouldn't they?

If you read up, you see:
    "As previous customers, you guys automatically get the bonuses for free."

The Gold Guide is bonus material, because we won't be charged for it.

Comment

My Comment

Well, I'm glad I came to this thread. I was a bit concerned about having to pay again, as my comment on the video denotes. Time are tough, and money is tougher. However, a $5-10 upgrade isn't bad at all. I was just suffering trying to see myself paying the whole thing again. I've only had the older version of the guides for about a month or so. Thanks a ton for all the work. I'm really looking forward to the release.

Comment

You know, I think Zygor should charge an upgrade fee. I feel it would be worth it. Something small for people upgrading, I.E. $5 or $10. I'd pay that no problem. Hell, even $20 I would still get it.
        Lightbringer Server
        Zestina- Hunter Lvl 96

Comment

One thing to note about the Auction Appraiser Guide is that it is not a fully fledged Gold guide, but a guide designed to help players make money at the AH while still being able to level fast. Spread the word.
          Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
          http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
          http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

looking forward to seeing what this is about, went to the link however and did not see the video, left some feedback/comment anyhow.

Thanks Zygor!
            80 Rogue

80 Warlock

80 Death Knight

52 Palladin

Comment

Are there plans to do the whole 'midnight launch' thing?

Comment

I LOVE my Zygor Guide!

I really love my Zygor Guide. I just downloaded my first copy a month ago. While I can completely understand and agree with the upgrade fee, can you take into consideration that if I had waited about 2 months I would have received the whole package for the same price?

Nothing dampens my spirits about my current version of Zygor Guides! I am tickled!

Lavish

Comment

I can't wait to see what your dailies guide looks like. I've bought other AH guides before and they weren't in game this is in game right?
                  All using Zygors guide.

LvL 84 Priest ` Healster ` Holy/Shadow
                  LvL 84 Warrior ` Battlecry ` Prot/Arms
                  LvL 85 Hunter ` Killshott ` Marksmanship
                  LvL 85 Mage ` Trajan ` Arcane
                  LvL 82 Warlock Pyroclasm ` Affli
                  LvL 85 Druid ` Sangera ` Balance/Restor
                  LvL 85 Paladin ` Ret/holy
                  LvL 85 Shaman ` Reincarn ` Elem/Restor

Comment

personally I have no problem with a small upgrade fee - as you're giving us bonus items that we didn't have before, it's not as if we're paying something for nothing (not that an upgrade is "nothing" but you know what I mean )

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor View Post
                      As previous customers, you guys automatically get the bonuses for free. When 2.0 is released, you'll just have them inside the Members Area, no need to do anything.

Thanks for choosing Zygor Guides. :-)
                      In the video you said you wanted to recoup some of the expense of making 2.0 and hadn't decided if it would be free to existing customers...but in this forum you've said for a while now that it will be free to existing customers. I don't think the $5 - $10 upgrade fee is bad, but you have already stated it would be free and if you ultimately decide to charge an upgrade fee it will likely upset quite a few members.

Comment

Awww no, don't make us loyal Zygorites* pay for the upgrade =(. I was just getting erally happy about the gold guide, and then I thought, huh, I might not be able to afford this =(.
                        Oh, and also, were al gonna have to pay to upgrade to cataclysm anyway arnt we? So.....

ToothyMike
                        *Zygorites? Zygorites?... Maybe Zygorellians? Zygorese? Zygish? Zygos? Zygoricans? Zygoricans? I think I'll stick with Zygorites for now =)

Comment

This auction house guide will be of great use to me as I am new to the game and still no good with the auction house at all.

As for 2.0, a small upgrade fee would be ok by me, but it does kind of make me confused about the free future upgrades for the exisiting level range idea.

I just bought the guide 2 weeks ago, and although it has been of great use for the 1 character I have, having to upgrade the guide already would make me feel kind of disappointed that I hadn't waited the 2 weeks until launch of 2.0.

Comment

Upgrade fee

Hi all,

Well there's one thing I've learned over the years and it's that you can't please all the people all the time. While I don't feel that it would be unreasonable to charge a small fee as mentioned, I have both the Horde and Alliance versions, and $10 per version would be a little much for me.

I've owned this leveling guilde since beginning to play WoW right after patch 2.4 came out. I was very disappointed to discover that I would have to pay another $20 per version to upgrade when WotLK came out because I was under the impression that "free upgrades for life" meant exactly that. Then it was explained that I would get free upgrades, but only on the 1-70 guide, and that the $20 fee was for the new expansion 70-80, so at first I felt a little misled by the statement "free upgrades for life."

All that aside, I do feel that Zygor Guides does put a ton more time and energy into this, compared to other guide makers, and overall I am very pleased with this guide.

Thanks to all the Zygor staff for putting this together and keep up the great work!

~Trixie1971

Comment

Possible solution?

Originally posted by toothymike View Post
                              Awww no, don't make us loyal Zygorites* pay for the upgrade =(. I was just getting erally happy about the gold guide, and then I thought, huh, I might not be able to afford this =(.
                              Oh, and also, were al gonna have to pay to upgrade to cataclysm anyway arnt we? So....

ToothyMike
                              *Zygorites? Zygorites?... Maybe Zygorellians? Zygorese? Zygish? Zygos? Zygoricans? Zygoricans? I think I'll stick with Zygorites for now =)
                              As I have seen on many of the posts, particularly with recent members, is that having just purchased this a short time ago and the listing of free life time updates and the state of the economy, many people are perplexed with the possiblity of additonal fee. While not having seen the finished product, I would venture to guess that it is more an update than upgrade as far as the content goes. As from what I have read and heard the cosmetics and features are the upgraded portions. And soon cataclysm will require everyone to start over and repurchase entirely, for that won't even be considered a free update by no stretch of the mind.

Perhap a solution would be to forego that mandatory fee, for people who purchased with in say last 6 mos to year or forego it entirely and rely on donations from the members. It might surprsie you from the results what the loyal members are capable of doing. Just a thought..

Comment

If it is said that the 1st 1000 people get the bonus for free, will the rest have to pay for it? I hope not because why would I pay for something another addon already does? Auctioneer.

And I REALLY hope the Auction House helping thing is not just a lame rip off of Auctioneer.

Anyways, still can't wait for 2.0

Comment

Working...
                                X