Zygor Says - "Want Some Gold?" Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

It's been stated quite a few times, previous Zygor members will get the gold guide for free.

Silverhawk11
    It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

Same Old?

From what I watched this seemed like it was just a rehashing of Auctioneer. Am I incorrect?

Comment

just to put my 2 cents here, I sincerely hope that there is not an upgrade fee for existing members.

I have developed code, maps, characters, models and textures in the past for the EA Battlefield series of games (Battlefield 1942, Battlefield: Vietnam, and BF2), and I am fully aware of the time and effort needed to complete a project of this scale, but $50 is a lot of money these days, and having already paid it once, I don't know that I can afford to give anymore money for what will, in essence, be the same leveling guide I am using now...I don't think you could have come up with a more efficient path to leveling.

I would think a paypal link would generate enough extra incoming from people willing to donate to your efforts without making existing customers pay extra for the guide.

May I ask what the criteria is that you will be using to decide if we will have to pay additional money for 2.0?

Comment

Originally posted by danarris View Post
          May I ask what the criteria is that you will be using to decide if we will have to pay additional money for 2.0?
          No one will have to pay an upgrade fee to use version 1.x updated to the 2.0 corrections and bug fixes. Every guide will have the same 2.0 back end that complies with Blizzards new addon policies, even if you don't upgrade. However, Version 2.0 introduces new features that were never there in any of our past releases. It's sort of like having two editions, Zygor Guides, and Zygor Guides Elite. The difference between the original and 2.0 is like a basic car, and the same car with all the extras, leather seats, ipod dock, built in GPS, ect.. Both cars will get you to your destination, one just does it with more style at the cost of an upgrade fee.
          Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
          http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
          http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Zygor has also said it won't be much I think 5 to $10 is what he said. Even if its more I don't think its much to ask.Which I would pay more if he would just hurry the hell up . The way they are talking its pretty bad ass. I hope it doesn't disappoint. your right $50 is alot of money but in the coming months your going to dole that out for Cat(the xpack) I promise you that. I can also say they do work hard and when ever Zygor is online and he sees someone has posted he himself posts to that post very quickly no matter what

he didn't take my suggestion though and release it on a friday hehe thats ok next weekend will be a good weekend
            All using Zygors guide.

LvL 84 Priest ` Healster ` Holy/Shadow
            LvL 84 Warrior ` Battlecry ` Prot/Arms
            LvL 85 Hunter ` Killshott ` Marksmanship
            LvL 85 Mage ` Trajan ` Arcane
            LvL 82 Warlock Pyroclasm ` Affli
            LvL 85 Druid ` Sangera ` Balance/Restor
            LvL 85 Paladin ` Ret/holy
            LvL 85 Shaman ` Reincarn ` Elem/Restor

Comment

What if you made it optional to pay an upgrade fee? I would pay it, twice since I have both Alliance and Horde guides.

Comment

Hello,

I don't see why everyone makes such detailed posts about how crappy the economy is, and why they think they shouldn't pay. I'm married, pay for rent, and I still manage to afford things such as a $200.00 programming class I recently purchased, both guides, and other things as well.

I'd understand if it was going to be a $20.00 - $50.00 upgrade, but $5.00 to $10.00? I thought I was cheap! Haha. You guys crack me up :-).

Silverhawk11

Comment

Silverhawk,

I find myself in the same position as several of the prior posters. I bought a new computer in February. Should I decide to upgrade to Windows 7, I'll have to pay an upgrade fee. If I had been able to hold off a couple more months, it would be a free upgrade.

I bought Zygor guides last month (and about six posts up someone stated they bought it 2 weeks ago). Is there a cutoff window wherein if someone purchased the existing guide on/after a specified date they would get 2.0 without paying an upgrade fee? If someone buys the current downloadable guide on release date minus 1 why should they have to pay an additional cost because they didn't wait another 24 hours? I will admit I haven't read through every one of the prior posts and if my question has already been answered I didn't see it in the posts I did read.

Originally posted by silverhawk11 View Post
                  Hello,

I don't see why everyone makes such detailed posts about how crappy the economy is, and why they think they shouldn't pay. I'm married, pay for rent, and I still manage to afford things such as a $200.00 programming class I recently purchased, both guides, and other things as well.

I'd understand if it was going to be a $20.00 - $50.00 upgrade, but $5.00 to $10.00? I thought I was cheap! Haha. You guys crack me up :-).

Silverhawk11

Comment

Members who have purchased a guide within the last 60 days will have that guide upgraded for free. That is, if there even ends up being a fee at all. Nothing is set-in-stone yet.
                    http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by ZG Support View Post
                      No one will have to pay an upgrade fee to use version 1.x updated to the 2.0 corrections and bug fixes. Every guide will have the same 2.0 back end that complies with Blizzards new addon policies, even if you don't upgrade. However, Version 2.0 introduces new features that were never there in any of our past releases. It's sort of like having two editions, Zygor Guides, and Zygor Guides Elite. The difference between the original and 2.0 is like a basic car, and the same car with all the extras, leather seats, ipod dock, built in GPS, ect.. Both cars will get you to your destination, one just does it with more style at the cost of an upgrade fee.
                      so, if I understand this correctly, you will have two versions? A standard 2.0 (that will not have an update price for existing 1.x users), and a 2.0 with the new features (that may or may not have an update price, tbd)?

Comment

Originally posted by danarris View Post
                        so, if I understand this correctly, you will have two versions? A standard 2.0 (that will not have an update price for existing 1.x users), and a 2.0 with the new features (that may or may not have an update price, tbd)?
                        If we decide to do an Upgrade fee, yes, that would be correct. It is not fully decided that an Upgrade fee will be required, though.
                        http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Comment

Thank you for the clarification.

Originally posted by Zygor View Post
                          Members who have purchased a guide within the last 60 days will have that guide upgraded for free. That is, if there even ends up being a fee at all. Nothing is set-in-stone yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor View Post
                            If we decide to do an Upgrade fee, yes, that would be correct. It is not fully decided that an Upgrade fee will be required, though.
                            thanks for that clarification

Comment

Originally posted by silverhawk11 View Post
                              Hello,

Silverhawk11
                              Let's remember that the economy has hit families and regions differantly accorss the board. Our area was wrecked with the Auto industry and the effects trickled down. Restraunts and small business gone because the good workers are no longer affording money. Unemployement is rocketing out of control. While i agree the fee sounds reasonable, let's just not trivilize other peoples posts with the economy comments.. After all we havent walking in their Embossed Linen Boots (+5 Stamina)

Comment

Hello,

Don't get me wrong, wasn't a comment meant to harrass other members, I was just stating you guys made me laugh a bit with all the complains about a $5.00 - $10.00 upgrade. Some people have valid arguments, but $5.00 - $10.00 isn't going to keep you from feeding yourself that week :-).

My assumption is some community member's parents said no and now they are sad :'(. Who knows, maybe Zygor won't even charge for the upgrade! Now wouldn't that be cool, but then again, how would everyone feel that made 8 page long complaints about why it should not be priced? Victorious, or that they wasted their time? That's the true question, my friends, muahaha!

Silverhawk11

Comment

Working...
                                X