This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leveling faster than the guide [solved by SIS]

I got small problem. The higher lvl i get the more the guide is off. i just got to 75 and there where 56 steps left according to the guide. I dont do BG or dungeon or raids. i don't why lvl past the guide, maybe it's buffing food and i always play rested. What i wonder is there any safe starting points in the guides for a new lvl.

It can be normal to be 1-3 levels ahead of the guide. This will actually make it easier for you to complete the quests. There's no need to worry about skipping steps unless your quests are turning grey.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

One big one that keeps me ahead of the guide (since I quit the RAF bonus) is rested XP. The guide does not account for bonuses and if you get a lot of rested ... you will be ahead of it. In the end be happy you are climbing the ladder that quickly.

I am not going to even start the entire "what do I do because I am ahead" comments as there are prolly 25 of threads with 250 different opinions as to what you should do
      Cairne Realm
      Main: 100 Human Prot Pally
      Alt#1: 100 Tauren Resto Druid
      Alt#2: 60 Dwarf Beast Hunter

Comment

I am usually 2 to 4 levels ahead of the guide. Rest exp and EXP items (shoulders or shoulders + chest) experience items will move you along faster.

Keep that in mind.

Comment

Just noting that if you hit 60 or 70 before you are supposed to, you can always just skip ahead to Outlands and Northrend respectively for a clean restart in quests.

Comment

This is true. These two areas are the easiest spots for skipping ahead of the guide and not missing out on any chain quests.

Comment

Heh, I am 69 and the guide says I should be 66. Last night I just jumped to Northrend simply because a lvl 80 friend was helping me and my addons were all fubared last night. Guess once I straighten things out I'll need to re-sync with the guide
              Cairne Realm
              Main: 100 Human Prot Pally
              Alt#1: 100 Tauren Resto Druid
              Alt#2: 60 Dwarf Beast Hunter

Comment

I'm half way through 77 and should be 66. I'm taking this oppertunity to make questing easier and to hit 80 before I get to the highest lvl zones

Comment

Here's my take on the subject (leveling Priest with always at least 4 bars of rest and Heirloom Shoulders and Chest):

If I find myself leveled for the end of the section I'm starting (e.g., I'm level 29 and about to start the 25-30 section of the guide) I skip to the next section and just do the quests that aren't chained (unless the chain is easily picked up by going back a few steps).

The quests may be "easier" for you to keep up with the guide, but once you get 5+ levels ahead of it, you're much more likely to level faster in an appropriate zone. That said, I won't drop a section in the middle of it, I will only choose to skip one at the beginning and possibly grab some quests at the end to start a chain.

Comment

i always get ahead of the guide but follow it exactly anyways. i presume that is so there is no way will you get to the end of the guide before you reach level 80

Comment

i have lvling gear .. shoulders and chest
                      and im always 2 lvl more then the guide and it make it easier ..
                      i never went 3 lvl ahead of the guide btw

Comment

I've gone further ahead than 10 levels than the guides questing progress. It is a total waste of time if they don't add in some sort program in zygor guides that can decide and make the best choice for your level or what questing path you should choose for your lvl. Some dungeons and instances produce 10 times more faction or experience than the guide can provide you. You can go through 1000 quests but there is always another joker you know who has gotten 10,000 times more than this guide can provide. To many core components and to many factors make this guide not a great tool. Just a lazy mans choice for those who want to play it safe and not learn more effective leveling choices.

If you have gear that produces xp, WHY are you using this guide?!! It isn't built around that type of gaming. They've always said they might come out with addons for this and that would factor out a lot of things but they never have implemented them.

To much data for a few programers to tackle when all they want to to is play their own games as well. They likely have jobs and a real world to contend with that make it all that more difficult if not impossible to get all the kinks out to make it a perfect guide.

Comment

If this guide isn't a great tool and only a lazy man's choice, why did you buy it?

Comment

stop

grinding lol

Comment

Originally posted by roknhorse View Post
                              To many core components and to many factors make this guide not a great tool. Just a lazy mans choice for those who want to play it safe and not learn more effective leveling choices.

If you have gear that produces xp, WHY are you using this guide?!! It isn't built around that type of gaming. They've always said they might come out with addons for this and that would factor out a lot of things but they never have implemented them.

To much data for a few programers to tackle when all they want to to is play their own games as well. They likely have jobs and a real world to contend with that make it all that more difficult if not impossible to get all the kinks out to make it a perfect guide.
                              1) Yes, WoW has many factors and variables to make the game extremely diverse. I don't recall Zygor, or any other leveling guide (LEVELING guide), telling you it will take you through every experience imaginable. This guide sells itself as a LEVELING guide, nothing more.
                              With that said, in order to gain a lot of experiences in WoW, it takes a high level toon. NO ONE will take you on raids if you're not lvl 80. MOST will not take you if you're not geared well. But that is a side issue. Fact is, getting a toon to lvl 80 is a priority for EVERYONE that has looked into guides.... including YOU, or did you have an extra $50.00 to spend just to call others like yourself 'lazy?'

2) Gear chosen and used does NOT counter the quests that are placed in WoW that send you from Eastern to Kalim and back for 1000 xp. This guide is used to weed OUT those quests that don't max your time spent. Gear is gear, quests are quests. This guide tells you it will lvl you to 80 quickly with limited grinding. If you want to grind to level, THEN gear is a factor.
                              Mentioning instances in the post.... this guide sells itself as a SOLO leveling guide to get you xp. Running instances (unless you are running stocks at 55+) is a TEAM effort.... reliant on OTHERS to get you xp. Again, Zygor, and other guides, do not tell you NOT to run these instances, but that you don’t HAVE to run them to lvl to 80 quickly.
                              I chose to run instances when I want a break from questing.
                              I will argue that suggesting a guide take you to an instance is further providing you with more of the laziness you are suggesting the guide users to be….. double-standard?

3) I agree that Zygor and others do have real lives and they themselves would like to enjoy the game they have spent years studying.
                              The concept of a 'perfect' guide as you described it is not impossible, but extraordinarily improbable. The factors can be calculated, and the routing provided to accommodate every possible desire a player may have ingame... but didn’t you suggest anyone wanting such guidance to be lazy already?
                              Cant have your cake and eat it to.

While I don’t want to slam someone, I will call out hypocrisy where I see it. You bought the guide, called the product imperfect cause it does exactly what it states it will do, and then call the users (yourself included) lazy. You then go on to suggest a better guide, signifying you want to be even MORE lazy than you already suggested yourself to be...

WTF!!
                              "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Working...
                              X