Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My posting is not to sound like it's stabbing anyone in the back or implying it's a poor guide. I meant to state that like all things to many details seem to be left out of it's programing, like alternate route choices, one for soloing and one for grouping and raiding.

Don't get me wrong, it's great for soloing but what I really meant to imply is that it isn't really a lazy mans tool. Just a tool for a man who is not social and to lazy or to unable to find good groups. The game is meant for grouping and this guide seems to lead you away from that at times. If the party already did those quests or have something else lined up and have quests of their own to follow for that lvl area in particular for lets say a nice piece of armor or weapon. There is no alternative within its programming to work around this grouping by skipping a few quests to fit the extra experience you've gained and how often it could happen.

You can stick to the mold and play by yourself as the guide directs or they can meld in some programing to fix this sort of paradigrim of gaming or be a recluse. Some people find it more enjoyable lvling than it is to be lvl 80 all the time. Unlike some people it obviously seems, grouping while lvling is the all part of the fun the guide can really deprive you of if you follow it to the letter.

Then there are all the no nonsense approach of following the guide by also not grinding which I don't do, but if you fall into the odd situations where the quest items don't drop as often as they should you end up leveling from grinding out the mobs that do drop the quest task items. Resulting in overkill when soloing. That's an issue I've been trying also address.

If it happens to often you end up more lvls higher, unless you have someone many lvls higher doing all the killing for you robbing the xp kill bonuses to hasten the process.

The onward journeys have mobs unavoidably agroing you to those places for the quests also have mobs aggroing. The details go on and on as to what can happen in game and the guide process wants you to go step by step. You can skip those processes and stick with quest for your current lvl but you may lose important faction upgrades.

There is no faction guide or xp guide to correct the offset of changes, so the coarse correction lies with you and only you.

Also if your kid is relying on the program you buy for them isn't going to garrarntee they will work out all the details. Just means you have to join them on every quest or wait for them more than others to get to the level they to be at to join you.

If there is an upgrade that fixes all that then junior obviously hasn't used it.

Comment

It seems like your main concern is the guide trying to compensate itself when you get ahead of it in XP thru grouping and instance runs that you do separate from the guide. To this end the Zygor team are working on creating new code to help the guide be a bit more 'smart'. This is really only becoming possible now that the 3.3 patch is out and the querying of quest history has been made possible. Give the team some time and I think you'll be happier with the way the guide works once they've finished the programming needed.
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Hello,

I've closed this thread to prevent future arguments and unrelated replies. In all fairness towards the guide, however, it's stated fairly clearly on the website that it's directed towards solo questing, not requiring a group for some quests and such. While the suggestion is quite well, and I understand your viewpoint, it's just a bit overkill when they're still in the works with perfecting the original.

You have to look at it from two viewpoints...

Viewpoint A) You read on the website that it's a solo leveling guide, and it's getting the routes and features upgraded each release to help assist you with solo leveling.

Viewpoint B) You read on the website that it's a solo leveling guide, with x amount of features. You get so excited you purchase the guide, and it turns out that most of these features are a bit buggy, the leveling path is pretty terrible, and then they want you to try and find a group for an elite quest when you planned on doing a solo leveling trip.

The amount of people that are currently working on the guides can only do so much. They have a lot on their hands, and sure they may be able to do it sometime in the future, but I wouldn't call the purchaser 'lazy' per-say because they needed assistance leveling their characters. Everybody has their reasons for using a leveling guide, weather it be they feel they need it to level, they want it to help make their leveling time faster, or they just have no clue what they're doing.

Hopefully, this answered a few of your concerns, and if not, feel free to PM me and I'd be more then happy to discuss further :-).

Best Regards,
        Silverhawk11
        It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

To sum the issue up, the newly deployed Smart Injection feature resolves the problem completely: the guide now adapts to your level in real time. Whether you benefit from rested XP, whether you use leveling gear, whether you do dungeons.

Comment

Working...
          X