No announcement yet.

Zygor and Carbonite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It won't eliminate Carbonite, all the Zygor waypoint will be doing is providing a waypoint system similar to TomTom. Carbonite will help with any quest you have including ones that aren't part of the guide. Carbonite also has the warehouse which allows you to see inventory and gear for alts, route planning in zones for things like mining/herb/exploration, icons all over for different objects like FPs/mailboxes/etc.

As for your question about the 2 minimaps, if you have the Blizzard minimap incorporated into the Carbonite minimap (one minimap total) you'll see anything your tracking on the Carbonite minimap along with being able to see all the other icons for FPs, mailboxes, zones, etc.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Well since cabby knows everything I'm just gonna stop postin on these forums cuz everytime I post something I am corrected!

Comment

Not correcting you, just pointing out the differences between the two since Carbonite is so much more than just a waypoint arrow.

Comment

Well, with the minimap thing... I had merged carbonite's with blizzard's and that's what I didn't like. So, this time, I have it separate and I'm liking that more but now I don't see a need for it. lol *sigh* It's different. Any time things are different it takes time to adjust to. Also, I haven't disabled some of my other addons that do the same thing so that's another reason I'm probably not seeing a need for it. I think I'll disable all the others and see if I like it. Right now, though, I like Altoholic better than the warehouse. BUT, again, it's different and I haven't seen it with my other toons yet, either. So, I'm gonna give it a couple days or so as cabby suggested and go from there. I agree with Asgari as far as it seems a bit heavy, etc. I don't see a need to make things complicated to do simple things that I can have other addons do. I don't know. We'll see. To each his own. It seems like it can be a really great addon if you can "click" with it. I may end up really liking it. I did see how it has it's own waypoint arrow. So, that's good. And if it also gives a tooltip over the mobs, that's even better. I really need to disable quest helper and see. Thanks everyone.

Should I disable Gathermate?

EDIT: All in all, I think I'm starting to like it. If anyone can tell me how to change the transparency on the minimap (yeah, I merged it again) so that it's solid all the time, that'd be great. Haven't found that option yet. Sorry to ask so many questions but if I have to go to another forum and read up just to figure out an addon... >.> ugh. I've read through all the options so many times but there's just so much to it, it can be overwhelming.
          80 Tauren Hunter - 75 Blood Elf Paladin - 54 Tauren Druid - 47 Undead Mage - 25 Dwarf Paladin - 26 Human Mage

Comment

You don't need Gathermate if you don't want to use it. I believe Cartographer keeps track of any new nodes also plus you can import a node database that's already been created.

As for the transparency aspect of the minimap I never really found (or even tried to find) a way to make it full visible all the time like you're talking about. I know that you can press the Alt key to get it to full, but then it's back to transparent again after you release it.

Comment

ok, thanks a lot.
              80 Tauren Hunter - 75 Blood Elf Paladin - 54 Tauren Druid - 47 Undead Mage - 25 Dwarf Paladin - 26 Human Mage

Comment

Ok, looked real quick and found your transparency setting you wanted. Right click on the Carbonite minimap and select Minimap.. from the menu that pops up. The first slider should be transparency and if you adjust that all the way to the right will do what you want I believe.

Comment

Woot, cabby! I didn't even know that menu existed. I kept right-clicking on the border of the map, never just within the map. Thanks so much! I actually like Carbonite now and with the transparency issue gone, I like it even more. I know I'm not using all the features, like Favorites, for example but I got used to it and I cut my addon memory down by...somewhere between 20-30MB. There's one more addon I was going to disable, too, that I just haven't yet. Awesome.

Oh, and it certainly does show mobs needed in a tooltip when hovering over the mob. I just needed to disable Quest Helper to see that fact. :P

Comment

You don't need questhelper when using carbonite. In fact, I found questhelper to be very memory intensive. Carbonite is much easier on the system memory.

Comment

Yeah, I see that after disabling it. I'm very happy that I was able to get rid of several addons! I'm not noticing anything as far as the gathering goes, though. I imported Carbonite mining and Herbs. Not sure how that part of it works.

Comment

Ok, not in game right now to make sure I have every step correct but you should be able to find it with this help.

Right click on the Carbonite minimap and select Show, then select either minerals or herbs depending on what you're after. This should now show all the nodes on the map. Then right click on the minimap again and select Route, then select your minerals or herbs again and now Carbonite should figure out a route to hit all of the nodes in your current zone and give you a waypoint arrow to follow. After the route has been created if you right click on the minimap and select route again there should be a spot for you to adjust slider bars to set how close to get to a node before going to the next one and a checkbox for repeating the route when you reach the end. Also, if you go into your keybinds look for the Carbonite area and there should be one that you can set to skip to the next waypoint or something like that. If you set up that keybind and the routing wants you to go into a cave or something and you don't feel like it just hit that keybind and Carbonite will remember this if you're repeating the route and keep skipping that waypoint.

Comment

Wow! Ok, Carbonite is becoming seriously cool to me. Thanks again cabby!

Comment

Working...
                          X