Warlock talent change?? Why???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warlock talent change?? Why???

I've been leveling my lock and using the talent advisor for the affliction leveling build. But now with the update, the affliction build is erased and there's demonology... Just wondering why, and how demonology could possibly be better for leveling than affliction

Originally posted by tommyc416 View Post
    I've been leveling my lock and using the talent advisor for the affliction leveling build. But now with the update, the affliction build is erased and there's demonology... Just wondering why, and how demonology could possibly be better for leveling than affliction
    There was a prev thread about this, and the end result was, if you like the affliction better, stick with it. The demonology is reported to be 'easier' and may be lacking in challange to lock players.

When I get my DK to 80, Ill finish my lock from 55 to 80, changing from affliction to demonology. If I dont like it, Ill go back to the affliction. My evil nature says to stay with affliction to cause intense prolonged pain to the mobs with nasty DoT abilities. LOL
    "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Originally posted by tommyc416 View Post
      Demonology is like the Warlock version of Beast Mastery, which the majority of our customer base requested we switch to because it is easier and less challenging.
      Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
      http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

I see. Well I think I will stick with it. I don't want my character to be easy I like a challenge. And the dots combined together hve been extremly damaging. I've been taking out mobs of 7 or 8 at a time, along with the healing from corruption and shield from my void, this is the most dangerous build for a warlock a believe. But I'm with u on the dk. As soon as I hit 55 the lock gets a break and the dk begins his reign!!! Muahahha!!!

Comment

Afflicton for Warlocks in Talent Advisor...

...rather than alienate a portion of customers who are already following the Affliction Talent Advisor why not just keep it way you had it?

Affliction Talent Advisor and Demonology Advisor.

Taking out Affliction makes no sense whatsoever..you just left all those ppl hanging on their own.

Andrew

Comment

thank you andrew, i second that. imo it was a poor choice.

Comment

I'm leveling my warlock as affliction and doing very well with it. In fact, I'm able to pull multiple mobs and kill them all at relatively the same time and come out with full(or near full) health and mana with relative ease.

Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Ur right glak! Aff owns!

Comment

Frankly I have changed from the affliction to demonology, and only notice the difference when I dungeon run. I use the felhunter instead of the voidwalker to keep from pulling aggro.
                  Other than that, its DoT x 2 or 3, wand, use AoE when there is a large pull, rinse, repeat.

Comment

I have one thing to say to those people that asked for the change. Go learn how to drain tank, because once you do, you'll never go back.

Comment

I think it's best to give people options in talent specs

I agree in giving options with talent specs. We need to keep in mind people prefer different playstyles and allowing leveling specs from all 3 trees for any class is great. Different playing experiences and gameplay. I was leveling my warrior as Arms, then when the ingame leveling thing came in, I switched to the Fury that was suggested. But I'm not comfortable with that build.

just my 2 cents.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by enzore_dax View Post
                        I have one thing to say to those people that asked for the change. Go learn how to drain tank, because once you do, you'll never go back.
                        I dont know what that means, "drain tank"

Comment

So do u think u can post the .lua or w.e so we can have that as another build to choose from. if someone could do that it would be awesome thx
                          My Mom thinks i'm special

Comment

Look in the Official Talent Builds Thread for a bunch of different user created builds.
                            My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Just an idea.

Just had a couple of ideas, for those that don't have the technical expertise to insert the other builds into the build file. How about if zygor's team, create a special update feature that allows the less technical to inject the new builds that they select right into the build file. We should also have a section where users of the custom builds can give feedback on their experiences on that particular build, that should help some of the users to make some decisions as to what builds/specs they want to inject into the file.

Just some ideas, hope this puts a new twist to the zygor guides

Regards

Comment

Working...
                              X