A few minor issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few minor issues.

Don't get me wrong, this sucker brought me from 34 to 60 in less than a week and a half of casual playing.

So I do love it.

There are however a few things I'd like to point out to see if they can be addressed in future versions of the software or if they can be addressed by function that I am currently aware of.

1. I know that the software and the pathing is really efficient, but at time I find it a little TOO efficient. For example I frequently find myself having to break from the proposed path to turn in quest so I can clear out bag space. I have my backpack and 4 netherweave bags and I STILL keep finding those suckers getting filled up with quest stuff that I may or may not need for quests. To explain, allow me to go to part 2 of my issues.

2. It abandons quests as I level past the guide. Many times since I've hit the late 40's and early 50's, quest drops are rarer and rarer. This means that I'm grinding exp waiting for one of the dozen targeted mobs to drop one (1) of the 10-15 needed items. One recent quest I had a 1-in-7 drop rate for a 15 stack of items. I had to drop 105 mobs just to get 15 items. That's almost 31k of EXP at 295 each, just to round out a 7k EXP quest.

This means that by the time I see the "You should now be LVL "X". If not grind a little until you are" message, I'm 4-5 bars into that level.

So what happens is that the SIS will fast-forward me to the step I should be at for my level and will frequently abandon quests.

As a result I have the problem mentioned in #1 above as well as having to guess what greyed out quests in my log I won't need so I can abandon them to make room for the ones it wants me to take.

Now these really aren't that much of a problem since as I mentioned, I am frequently drop grinding my way ahead and as such missing a step has never been critical. Which I must say is a real plus for your product and a real relief from the "Follow or forget it" attitude other products have. But it would be nice if something could pop up and say "Due to your advanced level, SIS has determined that the following quests should be abandoned" giving us a chance to clear out the stuff in the bank, in our packs, and our quest logs either by completing the quests (and not taking any sequels offered) or by simply dumping them all together.

It would be nice to know if I REALLY need to complete these level 35 quests I've still on my books now that I'm level 60.

Otherwise and in spite of these VERY minor issues and grumbles I do love your product and I look forward to getting the version for the horde (and the updated Alliance one) when Cataclysm comes out and you re-code them both for the new landscape.

We will be working to add a solution for the "too many quests in quest log" issue after our Dailies guides are released very soon. So, keep an eye out. :-)
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

There are two kinds of accounts. Shadow accounts and light accounts. The first never get what they need the others hit one mob and get an epic item...

Looks like you have a shadow account. I also have to grind for quest items until I am far ahead of the guide. A friend is lucky to find what he needs very quickly.

If the guide begins to skip quests you can adjust the slider in the guide's dynamic progress options to not skip quests or at least not skip quests that are a few levels below your level. I recommend moving the slider to 5 as green quests still give good experience and are pretty easy.

Comment

I think what Gwenie2much meant that when the guide skips ahead to catch up to your level, that it doesn't remove quests from your quest log, it just ignores them and moves on. We all know that sometimes these quests are chain quests that we are doing for some future reward, not necessarily for the xp. So we don't know which are safe to delete when they turn gray.

Comment

Anything that says (Dungeon) to the right of the quest you can dump, unless you're planning on turning those in.
          85s
          Skippyninja
          Oomatherman
          Judedaniels
          MissRuPaul
          Sumekomovani
          Pattymelt
          Shamwiches
          Twonewon
          Takakoinaba
          Cursesmcgee

Comment

Originally posted by squeak View Post
            I think what Gwenie2much meant that when the guide skips ahead to catch up to your level, that it doesn't remove quests from your quest log, it just ignores them and moves on. We all know that sometimes these quests are chain quests that we are doing for some future reward, not necessarily for the xp. So we don't know which are safe to delete when they turn gray.
            That's pretty much my point. Once it skips them, one is left with a full quest log and tons of crap clogging up precious bag space that is no longer needed.

I don't mind so much the fact that it skips quests for leveling purposes (the fact that it does makes it that much more efficient), so a dialog box that pops up and states that "These quests have been skipped, you may delete them or complete them at your discretion." would be a nice feature.

Comment

The guide shouldn't skip quests that it had you pick up. As far as I know it's supposed to have you do the steps for completing quests in your log if it tells you to pick up the quests.
              My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                The guide shouldn't skip quests that it had you pick up. As far as I know it's supposed to have you do the steps for completing quests in your log if it tells you to pick up the quests.
                It has done this with me as well, but only when I've turned the guides off, gone off on my own and leveled up one or two levels.

I also really enjoy the guides and am quite pleased. There have been a couple of snafu's and I really wish that you would change the updater to open the default web browser instead of always using IE, but overall I'm extremely impressed and happy with my purchase.

Thanks to you and the crew for such great work!

Comment

yea

I hate to necro an old thread but I do want to agree with them on this. I just bought your guide yesterday and started using it with my hunter. And I have to admit I LOVE IT. It is amazing but I keep outleveling the steps and in the process it just skips over the quests I have. I'm about level 16 now and I have almost 20 quests banked up, and it's still wanting me to grab more. It would just be nice to know when it would be ok to abandon certain quests. I'm a little OCD about that part and I hate having a huge wall of text on the side of my screen that I don't know what to do with.
                  Thanks again though guys I seriously love the guide so far.

Comment

As far as I know. If you only pick up the quests it tells you to it will always allow you to turn them in. Now you do get some quest items staying from quests but that is only because you outleveled the quest chain to turn that item back in.
                    I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
                    Twitter @Chaos5061.
                    Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Working...
                    X