This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The New Tab Menu

We would like to get some feedback regarding our recent changes to the website. If you haven't already noticed, we now have product tabs above the main menu due to our intention to release our Dailies and Events guide this Tuesday and our game changing Gold guide soon after. What we are interested in hearing about is whether the new design is easy to understand and use. Has anyone had any trouble figure out where to find things or have you been able to figure everything out ok? We want to offer you guys the best possible website for navigating through out product catalog so any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Hello,

I think it's extremely beautiful and very easy to navigate. I like it much better than the original website. The links seem to be much more organized (I remember some links would be at the bottom that weren't at the top, and vice versa previously). If I find anything to suggest, I'll edit this post, but from what I've seen it's absolutely fantastic.

Silverhawk11
    It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

Seen it before this when you were testing it out and I happened to connect when it was up for a few seconds ^^. Still looks sexay.
      Toons

Level 85 Night Elf Druid
      Level 85 Gnome DK
      Level 64 Human Warrior

Comment

I like what you have done with the site.
        "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Looks great, now all you need to do is make the banner at the top of these forums link back to the main site so we don't have to constantly scroll all the way to the bottom for the little link.
          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

No way! I use that banner to go to the forum home page all the time :-P. If you're a forum whore like me, you'll learn that's where the banner is supposed to redirect you!
            It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

Actually, I would like the banner to go to the main website. seeing as how sometimes I see the guide was updated and have to look into my favs for the link to the main site. unless I'm missing a link to the main website some place

I think it looks to cluttered up top with the tabs and all the links, but just my opinion I would think scolling down would be what you would want considering you want them to read everything on the page

but it looks ok the way it is I like simple things too.

Edit: Zygor guides maybe lol but thats to small

Yep well I guess that will do I didn't realize that it would be nice though if the banner did go to the main site.
              All using Zygors guide.

LvL 84 Priest ` Healster ` Holy/Shadow
              LvL 84 Warrior ` Battlecry ` Prot/Arms
              LvL 85 Hunter ` Killshott ` Marksmanship
              LvL 85 Mage ` Trajan ` Arcane
              LvL 82 Warlock Pyroclasm ` Affli
              LvL 85 Druid ` Sangera ` Balance/Restor
              LvL 85 Paladin ` Ret/holy
              LvL 85 Shaman ` Reincarn ` Elem/Restor

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Support View Post
                We would like to get some feedback regarding our recent changes to the website. If you haven't already noticed, we now have product tabs above the main menu due to our intention to release our Dailies and Events guide this Tuesday and our game changing Gold guide soon after. What we are interested in hearing about is whether the new design is easy to understand and use. Has anyone had any trouble figure out where to find things or have you been able to figure everything out ok? We want to offer you guys the best possible website for navigating through out product catalog so any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
                It's very professional and good looking and a snap to use. Of course: it's from Zygor! (smile)

Dr John C aka Waldenprof

Comment

The original post was actually referring to our Wrath of the Lich King site redesign which had three big tabs at the top. Glad to hear you like the new Cataclysm design too though!

Comment

just wanted to say that the site looks awesome

Comment

Personally, this forum and its layout is one of the best I visit often. I'm subscribed to many other forums, yet this one is very easy to navigate.

The only problem I've found is that when I want to post a topic specific to a category, the forum demands that I choose either "Alliance" or "Horde." Yet, my topic relates to both of them, in general. The end result is that it may be assumed that my topic is related to only one or the other -- instead of both.

I said "only problem," but there's one other. It has to do with the strange way the "Add Attachment" works. It isn't user-friendly and appears to still be broken in one aspect. The only way to submit a jpg (for example) now is to start the process and after selecting "Add files" users have to look for the very small type in the bottom-right-corner that says "Use Basic Uploader". It's the only way to attach something as compared to using the primary action bar icons. They don't work.

Other than that, this is a great forum! An example comes to my mind of a horrible forum... Norganna's Auctioneer addon forum. What a bizzarre and confusing mess that is!

I like this forum.

Comment

hey first of all gratz on the new nice page , secondary it needs some troubleshooting because the upper tabs redirect me to home page and i had to sign in from page bottom tabs by selecting signing up > login tab above the registration page , and also got to enter the forums by selecting forum tab at bottom of home page , cheers !

Comment

This might be something browser related. Is your browser updated to the latest version? Have you tried using a different browser to see if the same thing happens then?

Comment

You've got a problem. If I click the support tab, but don't log into the support function, then hit another tab I get an error. For example, "http://support.zygorguides.com/members" produces a page not found error. Apparently not all the menu links have been properly updated.

Comment

Working...
                            X