Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cataclysm F.A.Q.

Q:Is this update going to be free?
    A: Technically, no. The update is free, but the upgrade is not. Those two terms are extremely vital. For example, if you own the 1-80 Alliance Leveling Guide at the moment, when Cataclysm is released you'll still have the 1-80 section of the guide, but not 81-85 section nor the Goblin & Worgen starting zones.

Q: Okay, I see, the upgrade is not free. So how much will it cost?
    A: You can purchase the individual guide upgrades for $20 a piece, or $30 for both Alliance & Horde upgrade bundle.

Q: We were told we would have free updates for life. I feel cheated here.
    A: You do have free updates for life for the product you purchased, i.e. Alliance Level 1-80 Guide. If an expansion raises the level cap the new levels were not part of your original purchase and as such are not included in the free updates for life. You're not being cheated out. It's going to cost the staff a lot of money to develop the new sections of the guide, and not only that but they'll have to rewrite the entire 1-80 section of the guide as well to be compatible with Cataclysm. We're simply compensating them for their loss so we can continue to get free updates when patches come out, and to still use these forums. If only things in life were free!

Q:Zygor still should have told me on the homepage that we'd have to pay for expansion upgrades.
    A: We've had two expansions since Zygor has started, and each member has had to purchase the upgrade fee for that expansion. If you've read anything about leveling guides, or even Zygor's guide over the internet, there's plenty of resources telling you that this is the case. You can even post in the community forums without purchasing the guide if you want as well, and the support team or our members would be more then happy to answer your question.

Q: So when is Cataclysm coming out anyways?
    A: The official release date for Cataclysm is December 7th, 2010.

Q: Will we have to level up without an updated guide when the expansion releases? How long will it take the team to give us the 81-85 section?
    A: You may pre-order your guides now to obtain the guide the second that Cataclysm is released.

If I see anymore questions, then I'll be sure to update the F.A.Q. If you want to add or respond to any of these, feel free to do so in this thread :-). Thanks!

For further information, please visit:

http://www.zygorguides.com/support/faq.php

Best regards,
    Silverhawk11
    It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

I have a question...
    Why do you have to have a hot-water heater in your house when you don't need to heat hot water?

Oh... you meant about the guide(s)!?
    ah, Im good there, thanks.
    "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

To make the hot water even hotter.

Comment

Edited the first post for small grammatical errors and added in a couple sentences.
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Fixed a few of your errors. What now! :-).

Comment

I think you're just pulling my leg. I don't see anything different. April Fools is way over.

Comment

I switched "upgrade" to "update" in one of your added sentences :-).

Comment

Ehh, I'll believe you at this point, too old to remember what I typed 5 minutes ago.

Comment

The payment for the upgrade is quite bad as it is , but now the guides have been slashed down to 30$ . Also when new people would be buying the cataclysm guide they'd be paying only the amount of cataclysm , but we had to pay for all the expansions . Feels quite a ripoff

Comment

Originally posted by shubhamcooldude View Post
                    The payment for the upgrade is quite bad as it is , but now the guides have been slashed down to 30$ . Also when new people would be buying the cataclysm guide they'd be paying only the amount of cataclysm , but we had to pay for all the expansions . Feels quite a ripoff
                    Why? There are several that have posted this is unfair, and I dont get it.
                    You and I both agreed to pay whatever it is we paid to get the guides; same goes for the clothes you are wearing right now. Once paid for, you cannot go back to whomever and say, "HEY!! I bought my new clothes for $150.00, and now they all are on the clearance rack!! I want the difference, or give me a new outfit to make up the cost difference!"
                    While I agree getting what I have for 1/2 off would have been nice, it is hardly a ripoff. Its called a sale. Happens every day of the year.
                    Help me understand how Zygor ripped you off when you are the one that hit the payment button.
                    "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Get over it...

I think everyone should just "get over it" about Cat guides... it isn't even an issue right now. After all, no one is forcing you to use these guides...

Comment

Originally posted by shubhamcooldude View Post
                        This is quite common in the software industry. Reminds me of how Blizzard now slashes down the prices for the original World of Warcraft game and expansions. At release customers had to pay $130 total now they only have to pay $80 total.
                        Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                        http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

It’s quite common everywhere. It’s called “First Implementers” you want to be the first to have something “cool, “different” “better”, you pay a premium price to be the first to have access. As more people buy and development costs are recouped, the price generally falls.

Nothing new here, nothing “Sinister” or “Unfair” it’s just smart business.

Answer me this, how much did You pay for vanilla WoW on release day? I bet it wasn’t $19.95, the price you can buy it for now.

Comment

Sadly this is common everywhere. I remember paying $300 for my first 1200bps dial-up modem to call into bulletin boards back in mid '90s. Same thing goes for phones, computers, TVs ... everything.

I do not like it but I understand it *shrug*
                            Cairne Realm
                            Main: 100 Human Prot Pally
                            Alt#1: 100 Tauren Resto Druid
                            Alt#2: 60 Dwarf Beast Hunter

Comment

Its called depreciated value items become cheaper as time goes by and newer/better items are released.

As for the $50 I spent on the 1-80 I have no problems but a $30 just for 5 lvls and 2 starting zones (that should be part of the trail anyway since the trail has the starting zones so far anyway) I think I'll pass. I honestly don't see anyone paying $30 for 5 lvls when 80 lvls (currently) cost $30 also. I would maybe pay $10 just to show my support for zygor but if its $30 I'll manage the 5lvls on my own %-)

This by no means reflects my view on zygor guides though I still think they are awesome and fully worth the $50 I spent when I first got it and I plan on buying the Dailies guides soon .

Comment

Working...
                              X