Cataclysm F.A.Q.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fearitsself View Post
    As for the $50 I spent on the 1-80 I have no problems but a $30 just for 5 lvls and 2 starting zones (that should be part of the trail anyway since the trail has the starting zones so far anyway)

I honestly don't see anyone paying $30 for 5 lvls when 80 lvls (currently) cost $30 also.I would maybe pay $10 just to show my support for zygor but if its $30 I'll manage the 5lvls on my own %-)
    Its not really 5 levels - its the equivelent of 10 levels and the content you will have to quest will be the same amount as 10 levels.

Blizzard wants the oppertunity to release more expantion pack before the level is 100.
    That has been documented plenty of times when Cata was announced.
    Alliance guide.

Comment

Talent Advisor

When will the new talent advisor be out for the new update????

Comment

Um...Unless they've announced some changes to the current one that I've not seen yet, it's already out.

Comment

Yeah, make sure your guides are updated.
          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I just purchased the guide tonight in prep for a new character I want to level up when cataclysm is released in a few weeks but did not know that what I was paying for would not include the new zones or new levels. Is there a way I can cancel my subscription now and get a refund so I can purchase what I thought I was getting when you release it next month?

Comment

Originally posted by incomudro View Post
              I just purchased the guide tonight in prep for a new character I want to level up when cataclysm is released in a few weeks but did not know that what I was paying for would not include the new zones or new levels. Is there a way I can cancel my subscription now and get a refund so I can purchase what I thought I was getting when you release it next month?
              It's already been said before that anyone who has purchased the guide from October 7th- December 7th will get it for free.
              Last edited by dudedafool; November 11, 2010, 12:47 AM. Reason: Cabby corrected me. Maybe I should do some reading as well.

Comment

Dudedafool is very close but correct. The dates are Oct. 7 - Dec. 7. Either way, since you just purchased it you'll be getting the upgrade for the Cataclysm content for free so don't worry about it. You don't have to pay anything else until the next major expansion after Cataclysm that Blizzard decides to put out in a year or more.
                My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

IM going to buy the Zygor Guides upgrade as soon as it becomes available as I have allready preordered Cataclysm for download from my battlenet Account. But just like the last major patch I'M going to install the guides and everything but wait 1 or 2 weeks after the release on Dec. 7th to start playing. This way, 99% of the bugs or problems will be worked out by both sides, Zygor and Blizzard. Oh well now realm first 85 for me lol

Comment

Originally posted by runeblaid View Post
                    IM going to buy the Zygor Guides upgrade as soon as it becomes available as I have allready preordered Cataclysm for download from my battlenet Account. But just like the last major patch I'M going to install the guides and everything but wait 1 or 2 weeks after the release on Dec. 7th to start playing. This way, 99% of the bugs or problems will be worked out by both sides, Zygor and Blizzard. Oh well now realm first 85 for me lol
                    Hahaha, basically what I'm going to be doing, I played both BC and WOTLK the hour they went live... Never again. Was almost impossible to doing any quests when everyone was zerging the zones of all mobs. Not to mention the insane amount of lag and bugs.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamchak View Post
                      Here is where the problem lies...

Changes and updates, additions, activations of abilities, etc etc etc... these happen in beta tests up until the days/weeks following the release of the expansion. Happened in BC, WotLK, and will happen in Cata.
                      To come out and say "I leveled an 80 to 85 in xx hours" as a response is disingenuous, imo. There is no telling that the day before the release they dont end up expanding the xp requirements per level by 20%, or 30%, or whatever... and thats just one area they can (and prob will) change.
                      Dont believe that?
                      Apple developed the iPhone for a few years. Steve Jobs demanded his team redesign and rework the iPhone one week before the scheduled unveiling.
                      Point is, no one truly knows what will be required time wise until the launch.
                      I can tell you this much; I have enough redbull and time off work to be a major contender for the 'realm first' achievement. When I ding 85 Ill post the time it took.
                      Great non-answer. You guys have become experts in this area. So, non-answer to my first question, which was really just a curiosity. You could have easily said, well right now it's taking 4 days, 5 hours, 10 minutes, but that could very well change. Instead, you educate me on something Apple did with their iphone. If you don't know, say "I don't know".

And once again, my question regarding 4.0.3a availability was completely ignored.

All in all, thanks for the condescension and ridiculous answers to my questions. There was a time when a customer could ask a question and get an answer out of Zygor. Maybe it's time to give WoW's in-game leveling system a chance...

Comment

Originally posted by jbdallas View Post
                        Great non-answer. You guys have become experts in this area. So, non-answer to my first question, which was really just a curiosity. You could have easily said, well right now it's taking 4 days, 5 hours, 10 minutes, but that could very well change. Instead, you educate me on something Apple did with their iphone. If you don't know, say "I don't know".

And once again, my question regarding 4.0.3a availability was completely ignored.

All in all, thanks for the condescension and ridiculous answers to my questions. There was a time when a customer could ask a question and get an answer out of Zygor. Maybe it's time to give WoW's in-game leveling system a chance...
                        He was simply saying that shooting a number around right now might not be accurate. Then, he went on to explain that it happened in the BC and WotLK launches, so chances are good that it will happen again with the Cata launch.

However, IF things stay exactly as they are (doubtful), you're looking at about 3 days play time, or so. Blizzard is aiming for it to take the same amount of time as 70-80.
                        Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                        http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                        http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

(( Updated the FAQ with the new information. ))
                          It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

Just upgraded both guides for $30, well worth it for all the effort you guys put in (and the QQ you have to put up with)

I read this entire thread and did a search, and could not find the answer, sorry if this has already been addressed.

Question is, where should my toon be standing the second cata goes live to start the guide? I don't want to log in, fire up the guide, and be 5 billion miles from the first waypoint. I was assuming I would start in Dal, pick up Old Weather Flying (yes, pun intended) and port to Org, Possibly TB, or wherever you have the first waypoint, but they are taking out all the ports in Dal and Shat.

So, basically, I would like to know which trainer that sells Flight Master's License that is closest to the first waypoint in the guide. My current strategy is to set my hearth to Org, and log out in Dal, next to the flying trainer.

Thanks

Comment

That won't work. When the cataclysm hits you get automatically sent to your hearthstone location. If I'm not mistaken there should be a flying trainer in Org with the cataclysm patch. So you should just stay in Org before the patch hits.
                              I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
                              Twitter @Chaos5061.
                              Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

So, I'm not really sure if my question was answered or not... Is the first waypoint in the cataclysm guide (Horde 80 - 85) in or near Org?

Comment

Working...
                                X