Cataclysm F.A.Q.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZG Support View Post
    This is quite common in the software industry. Reminds me of how Blizzard now slashes down the prices for the original World of Warcraft game and expansions. At release customers had to pay $130 total now they only have to pay $80 total.
    ...wait they did WHAT!!!! Who can i complain to about this?

The real question I want to know, especially since I am a proud affiliate is are you guys going to have the Cat guide reader to rip on release date? (or at least within reason)
    http://www.nomorenoob.com - For your warrior needs
    http://world-of-warcraft-help-guide.blogspot.com - for the rest of your needs.

Comment

Originally posted by fearitsself View Post
      Its called depreciated value items become cheaper as time goes by and newer/better items are released.

As for the $50 I spent on the 1-80 I have no problems but a $30 just for 5 lvls and 2 starting zones (that should be part of the trail anyway since the trail has the starting zones so far anyway) I think I'll pass. I honestly don't see anyone paying $30 for 5 lvls when 80 lvls (currently) cost $30 also. I would maybe pay $10 just to show my support for zygor but if its $30 I'll manage the 5lvls on my own %-)

This by no means reflects my view on zygor guides though I still think they are awesome and fully worth the $50 I spent when I first got it and I plan on buying the Dailies guides soon .
      but isn't the lay of the land supposed to change too? When Zygor does the "update to the 1-80" will it include new maps (it would have to no?)

I agree $50 for a few levels is a bit much, better off starting with 30 ($10 a level is reasonable)
      http://www.nomorenoob.com - For your warrior needs
      http://world-of-warcraft-help-guide.blogspot.com - for the rest of your needs.

Comment

Originally posted by blackthought View Post
        but isn't the lay of the land supposed to change too? When Zygor does the "update to the 1-80" will it include new maps...
        The content area that is supposed to change are the 1-60 zones.
        And yes, the map will change as well. The quest givers are going to be moved, and Im sure the location of the quest objectives will be moved as well.
        "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Originally posted by blackthought View Post
          The real question I want to know, especially since I am a proud affiliate is are you guys going to have the Cat guide reader to rip on release date? (or at least within reason)
          This is from the very first post of this thread:

Originally posted by FAQ
          Q: Will we have to level up without an updated guide when the expansion releases? How long will it take the team to give us the 81-85 section?
          A: The staff is doing their very best to have the guide finished before Cataclysm is released. They were invited to the Burning Crusade and the Wrath of the Lich King betas, and they are hoping to keep their record.
          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I don't see the problem here...

Zygor's staff are going to have to update levels 1 to 60(ish) to reflect the new maps and we're getting that for free as part of our lifetime update guarantee.

Presumably Cataclysm will also affect some 60 to 80 areas too - and we're getting that for free too.

The new areas covering 80 to 85 we have to pay for 'cause they'll be brand-spanking new. I have no problem paying Zygor for new leveling guides to cover new areas - especially since I'll be zooming through them with the usual speed because of the guides. To my way of thinking $30 - $40 to cover the new areas and recompense the team for the modified "old" areas seems pretty reasonable since we'll, in effect, be getting a whole new guide.

Comment

dont see the problem

Me myself and I dont really care about the price of the guide for cataclysm unless it gets astronomical, if they really infact get the guide done before the release it will be so awesome, saves me alot of time not having to "ctrl+esc" to look up a quest and gets me to my goal which is the endgame experience alot faster. My experience of zygor have been all good so far and i doubt this site will let me down in the upcomming cataclysm, ofcourse the price might seem steap for some but lets not kid ourselfs i doubt there will be a better alternative when the time comes...

Comment

So do we have to re-buy the Dailies and Events Guide too?

Comment

Yeah, I was wondering about the same thing someone else said. The whole guide is being updated since the layout is changing and we're getting that for free right? It's just level 80-85 we'd have to pay for. We're not going to have an outdated guide because an expansion changed the layout of Azeroth.. Right? D:

Comment

Basically whatever you had right now, that will be updated for free, it's just the new content, such as 80-85, new starter zones, and new 80+ dailies and event content that will require updates. Prices at this point are undetermined and won't be revealed until Cataclysm beta at the earliest.
                    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

I personally for one think the prices are fair and I remember purchasing the old version PDF style. Yeah it might stink paying for it again but they raise valid points, it is not merley and update, it is a new guide for a new game not just expanding onto the one they previously had. That is just my thought though.

Comment

If the new guide is like 20 bucks I'll buy it but if not then I just use the new wow in game quest help for the 5 lvls or just run ransoms or quest out each and every quest for the new achives.

But I would like to buy the new guide if it's cheap!
                        LIGHTINGHOOF-US-RPPVP
                        Dwarf Shaman-Shamme 90 Elemental/Resto
                        Nelf Rouge-Legolys 90 Sub/Ass
                        Pandarian Monk-Phood 90 Windwalker/Brewmaster
                        Nelf Druid-Ornek 85 Boomkin/Bear
                        Nelf DK-Zgknight 85 Blood/NA
                        Draenei Hunter-Bowz 85 MM/Survival
                        Worgen Priest-Loyder 85 Disc/Shadow
                        Gnome Warlock-Lotzadots 85 Destro/NA
                        Dwarf Paladin-Buradin 85 Prot/Ret
                        Gnome Mage-Zygors 70 Arcane/NA
                        Nelf Warrior-Talifan 61 Prot/NA

Comment

Upgrade Costs - just too high for newer customers

I understand the reasoning behind upgrade pricing but for someone like me who has had the guide only 3 months and the dallies just 1 month, the suggested pricing is too high.

If Zygor had advertised their 'upgrade pricing' clearly, when promoting the new dallies, I would have waited knowing Calaclysm was due shortly. Unfortunately for me, and many others, they did not.

As it is, I find all this out 'too late' and a new but loyal customer feels cheated. Paying nearly double doesn't impress me at all and I for one, wont be doing it unless the upgrade pricing is fairer.

Look, the Zygor products are fine....but important $$$ details are only coming to light JUST after I've spent my money. Not good enough.

Comment

Please understand that pricing is not set. The stated price is just a guess at this time and will more than likely be different when Cataclysm is finally released near the end of the year. Take the Dailies pricing as an example. Originally it was estimated at $50 for each faction and when they finally released it you could get both for only $35.
                            My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by bigkev53 View Post
                              If Zygor had advertised their 'upgrade pricing' clearly, when promoting the new dallies, I would have waited knowing Calaclysm was due shortly. Unfortunately for me, and many others, they did not.
                              The upgrade pricing isn't decided upon at this point and the end pricing will be fair for both customers and Zygor Guides as a business. However, Cataclysm is looking to be a long way out, there isn't even a estimated release date, or word of the beta yet, so it's probably coming at the end of this year.
                              Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                              http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                              http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Upgrade pricing

Originally posted by ZG Support View Post
                                The upgrade pricing isn't decided upon at this point and the end pricing will be fair for both customers and Zygor Guides as a business. However, Cataclysm is looking to be a long way out, there isn't even a estimated release date, or word of the beta yet, so it's probably coming at the end of this year.
                                Thanks for your prompt and honest reply to a touchy subject. It is appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                                X