Level 80. Now What?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Level 80. Now What?

I have reached level 80. Now I have no clue as to where to go, what I should be doing, or how I should go about doing it.

I have never done PvP, I have never been to the Arena. I have never been to Wintergrasp, and I have never been to a battleground.

I don't have the faintest idea what you are suppose to do in these places, what you should be looking and working toward or any successful strategy.

Right now I am just floating around with 10 factions exalted, and not sure what I should be doing, or how to do it, or where to look for guidance.

And ideas or sites out there you would suggest before I break down in tears?

As with levels 1-80, it depends on what your goals are. I've always been a little ADD in my approach, in that I chop and change to different aspects of the game. After hitting 80 I was full-on doing heroics and WG to get decent gear, then decided to get my Explorer achievement; then the dailies guide came out from Zygor, and that gave me another avenue of interest.

I love battlegrounds, but am absolutely appalling at them. They move far too quickly for me; I love heroics, and a good guild makes this a joy.

Not much of an answer, I know, but I would begin testing out the different aspects that are open to you now...
    Proud noob, opinionated nerd, and asker of obvious questions.

Main: Reliq (DK - 85).
    Alts: Baym (Paladin - 85), Aotearoa (Priest - 85), Selleck (Hunter), Reliqa (Warrior)

Comment

Congrats on making 80 for starters. Now is where the real fun begins.

If you haven't been doing the daily quests, now is the time to start earning some easy money.

I would definitely be doing Wintergrasp, at least the weekly quests for the honor to get some epic gems on the cheap. I have never done the Arena and rarely do battlegrounds outside Wintergrasp, but if PvP is your thing you might like doing them both.

Depending on how well geared you are,I would start running random heroics or if undergeared, random regular dungeons until you are better geared. You can't have to many emblems in my opinion.

Lastly, I would at your spec and compare it what is the reccomended spec at the Elitist Jerks website. It will also provide useful tips on gemming and enchants.

At level 80 the game is a buffet, I suggest samplling a bit of everything, find what you like and keep coming back to what you like.
      My tanks:
      Losfer 110 Tauren Protection Paladin Area 52
      Prassan 110 Tauren Guardian Druid Area 52
      Theomach 102Tauren Protection Warrior Hyjal
      Paschendale 100 Night Elf Brewmaster Monk Sargeras
      Shangol 100 Troll Blood Death Knight Area 52
      Nassic 100 Blood Elf Vengeance Demon Hunter

My DPS:
      Kastenessen 100 Human Fire Mage Sargeras
      Thoraynayla 110 Orc Marksmanship Hunter Arear 52
      Findail 101 Forsaken Destruction Warlock Area 52

Comment