Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tauren Lvl 1-13 Guide

Hi,

Just wondering if there is something out of order in the guide. The last few times I have done the starting area it seems like I am only 40-50% done with the progress to lvl 5. Just seems like the 'you should be lvl 5' step should be down after the next couple of turn-ins.

Also, why skip the battle plan's quest in the same area where you kill the bristleback boss? it is just 20 seconds of running to grab it before you hearth and I think it is like 450 xp and a shield. You turn it in in the same place as another quest right after you hearth anyways.

If you want more details I can add them when i get home and can open the guide up.

Thanks,

A big part of this problem was the change in the 3.3 patch. Everything in the starter zones is yellow, meaning you can get to your quest target, kill it, nothing else, and go turn in the quest. Before 3.3, starting at about lvl 3 or 4, there were red mobs, or mobs you had to plow through to get to your quest target, then plow through respawns to get out. This is a lot of missed xp that just cant be compensated for in the guide... it has all the starter quests in it already.

When you start a toon, spend the time to kill everything you come across until you get to the quests with the red mobs. Basically you are going to grind one way or another now, thanks to this change in 3.3.
    "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Not all, this one I mentioned is not in the guide:

http://thottbot.com/q781

Also, even without that one the xp seems to line up if i just hearth and turn in all the levels are lined back up. That is why i mentioned it seemed like it was just in the wrong place, move it down two or three steps and the lvl's line up in the guide again. This is without even killing extra mobs.

Comment

OK, so I am home now. I had a druid waiting to get started so I just did that.

Suggestions:

Move Humble task up to step 4 to save an wasted trip to camp and back to the well.

After killing the Bristleback's I was at 17% into lvl 4, where it stated I should be at lvl 5, that is 1700 xp before level 5. If you move the lvl 5 to after the turn in of Right of Strength you are at 97%. Just seems to be mistake in the Lvl 5 placement.

Adding Attack on Camp Narache give an easy 450 xp for an extra 100 yards of running before hearthing to camp. With this added you are easily into lvl 5. The map to get the Attack quest is in a cave at 63,82.

I know to skip the Lvl 5 message, but just wanted to get it out there to help improve the guides. We are still along ways from the expansion so people need to level through the guides yet.

Comment

Working...
        X