SIS problems (Fixable in settings?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SIS problems (Fixable in settings?)

So I decided to finally go ahead and buy Zygor's guide, and I've been impressed with a lot of the features. The character I decided to try it with first was level 19 and leveling in Ghostlands, but the guide seems to prefer the Barrens for that range, so I thought I'd switch over. After arriving at level 20 (finished up some quests on my way there and dinged 20), even after using the SIS I found myself spending hours running quests 5-7 levels lower than me. Now I understand that the SIS wanted me to do them for the quests later in the chain... but frankly spending a few hours doing quests for very little reward, just to do a few quests at the right level later seemed like kind of a waste.

My hope is that there is some setting for the SIS that would skip over significantly lower quests, considering the SIS is the main reason I decided to go with this premium guide =x

Unfortunately at those lower levels there are so many quests that are part of a chain that it's almost impossible to skip them and still be able to do stuff later in the guide.

As you've found, spending some time to get in sync with the guides when you're starting with a pre-leveled toon is a bit of a drawback, but it will still be time well spent. It isn't something that's easily avoidable but isn't as bad at the upper levels. Most everyone here will say that even if they spend 5 hours doing the lower level quests while getting in sync, they rocket off with leveling once they're synced up.

Now there will be a major re-write to the guides for Cataclysm (due to the changes it will bring) and the team might find a way to reduce this sync time even more, but only time will tell.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I figured to some degree that'd be the case. Just thought I'd look into it. You guys are the experts after all. Thanks for the quick reply.

Comment

We're always here to help. The big drawback to the current system is it's based off of an old linear questing path. It's still the same basic path, but now they're adding all these fancy features and the path would need a complete re-write to truly work beautifully with the new features.

Comment

Okay I'm actually quite sold on this guide now. I don't follow it to the letter, as with heirloom gear I'll sometimes do a quest that is several levels higher that I know is in the area, or might grab an extra quest here or there that I just know well and feel is worth it. I've also done probably a dozen instance runs on my current character.

So for awhile I was about 3 levels behind on the guide, but was pleased to see it automatically skipping over some quests that it calculated weren't worth doing any more.

Now with previous guides like wow-pro's, the more I level, the further ahead of the guide I get. But without any manual interference, the SIS actually caught up to my character's level just by following it (mostly in order). So while sure its not absolutely perfect yet, I'm definitely thoroughly impressed. The fact that the Zygor guide is a continual work in progress, and will just keep getting better makes me quite satisfied with my investment at this point (Whereas I admit at first I was feeling a tad bit of buyer's remorse).

Comment

Glad to hear you're happy with the guide. And don't worry, most of us do other things like random dungeons while using the guide in between. A lot of us that know an area don't always follow it step by step also, but that's the great thing, it's a guide and not absolute.

Comment

Working...
            X