Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home Cities Rep Guide

Zygor,

Working home cities rep on my hunter since he's currently doing Argent Tourney dailies. Ran into an issue in Exodar. It appears (and I might be way off base here) that the home cities rep guide was a straight airlift from the starter zone guides for each of the primary races. This poses a bit of a problem since I've found two Exodar quests (so far) that you can't do unless you're Draenei.

Zalduun (starter area) -- rescuing the survivors (need Gift of the Naaru to complete)

Anchorite Fateema (Azure Watch) -- medicinal purposes (she didn't have any quests to give me so is probably a follow up to the Zalduun one).

Good post. Thanks for the catch.
    "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Hmm, I just did that with my hunter also. It never asked me to do the rescuing the survivors one, but I can confirm that I couldn't get the medicinal purposes one.
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

steps 412-427 didnt give me any honor, and im about to wrap it up, and im quite far from exhalted with everyone, i have finished all of the crusader title quests other than the rep for each city. i am a death knight tho, so i missed a lot of the beginner rep.

Comment

If you followed the home cities guide and have reached champion status with all of the home cities that supposedly will be enough to get you to exalted with them. If after getting the champion status with them all you're not exalted with them all please let us know.

Comment

yes i have done them all, i am at

17k darn
            15k exo
            10k gnome
            12k if
            15k sw

like i said, i am a dk, so i dont know if when making the guide you took into consideration that dks dont get rep from all the quests while leveling.

Comment

My main's a DK and had the same issues as you, chumunga. I guess missing out on the first 55 levels means missing out on a lot of rep for various cities. So unless we go for Loremaster, I believe it's just a matter of handing in mass amounts of cloth
              Proud noob, opinionated nerd, and asker of obvious questions.

Main: Reliq (DK - 85).
              Alts: Baym (Paladin - 85), Aotearoa (Priest - 85), Selleck (Hunter), Reliqa (Warrior)

Comment

You can also turn in Champion's Writs for 250 rep each.

Comment

yes ive been turning in the writs and running strat many times to get cloth for turn ins, just wish it was done when the guide said cuz i cant stand rep grinds =)

Comment

Originally posted by chumanga View Post
                    yes i have done them all, i am at

17k darn
                    15k exo
                    10k gnome
                    12k if
                    15k sw

like i said, i am a dk, so i dont know if when making the guide you took into consideration that dks dont get rep from all the quests while leveling.
                    I can also confirm the same issue with the Death Knight. My DK fell way short of Exalted with any Home City after doing the Home City Exalted guide and Champion Rank.

They obviously miss out on alot of Rep with starting at level 55.

As a bit of fun I ran my Rogue - Horde toon (level 45) part way thru the Home City Exalted Guide - up to the Tarren Mill area from memory - and he is already Revered (and about half way along the bar to Exalted) with 3 Home Cities already. So yea, the DK is missing alot of Rep.

Doing the Rep grind for the Writs isnt a big issue though as the ATG dailies are so easy and so fast - and easy gold to boot.

Cheers

Comment

We will try to improve this situation for the Death Knights when we release our Cataclysm Dailies update.
                      Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                      http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

I'm not sure what you can do to improve it, other than get a DK to run through the entire 1-80 guide Maybe just make a note stating that DKs may need to do additional work to become exalted with all capitals?

Alts: Baym (Paladin - 85), Aotearoa (Priest - 85), Selleck (Hunter), Reliqa (Warrior)

Comment

One thing i noticed while looking for other ways to raise my rep(finished now) and saw someone was having trouble with gnome rep, is for when your doing your tournament dailies for that faction, dont turn in your 25 tokens or whatever they were for the final quest, and just keep doing the 4 dailies for that faction until your finished or close, and i ended up finishing all the quest for the dranei because they give rep for all factions.

Comment

Nice tip!

Comment

Rep gotchas

Originally posted by chumanga View Post
                              One thing i noticed while looking for other ways to raise my rep(finished now) and saw someone was having trouble with gnome rep, is for when your doing your tournament dailies for that faction, dont turn in your 25 tokens or whatever they were for the final quest, and just keep doing the 4 dailies for that faction until your finished or close, and i ended up finishing all the quest for the dranei because they give rep for all factions.
                              Are things like this integrated into the guide? I don't want to turn in quest items too early and miss out on rep.

PS: I'm new to the guide...I used it to level a Night Elf Rogue to 20 so fast my Refer A Friend Friend was amazed! Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X