suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

suggestion

ok for start i just want to say i am only 16 and i do not worry too much about spelling or punctuation, but anyway my suggestion is a little long and no one will probably think anything of it, but I think i think that the guide is absolutely great.A few things you could do to make this guide goes through the roof is for start... take out the middle man it cant be that hard to get the cords from your guide already, and make your own way-points rather than using cartographer. Make your own way-points and way point arrow i know i sound like i am having you guy's re-invent the wheel, but cartographer is not a very good add-on, since blizzard decided they should add a quest help system.

Second should be much easier and that is make the skin on the guide customizable, and i do not mean look you can make it five different colors, which is not bad and it is a good start, i mean look you can have the text be on the gold plated buckler, or that really amazing shield with two swords crossed behind it.

Let's face it you are not always going to know what the people want so make a simple editor so you can pick where the text shows and what the exit button will look like ect. It is just a suggestion, tell me what you think... and another is like raynman below saying he likes functionality over looks, make a very simple UI like you had before no fancy colors just a box with text and options in the add-on's section... i mean it is just an idea.

Yours truly
    GO! - sounds great
    33.33%
    no go v.v -sorry not on the right track
    66.67%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by 15501258; July 26, 2010, 12:58 PM. Reason: make it easier to read and added some stuff
    [URL="http://www.livestream.com/15501258"]Watch my live stream :)[/URL]

[COLOR="darkorange"]F[/COLOR][COLOR="red"]T[/COLOR][COLOR="royalblue"]A[/COLOR]!

[COLOR="darkorange"]Halcius [/COLOR][COLOR="purple"]85 [/COLOR][COLOR="cyan"]DK [/COLOR][COLOR="red"]Garona[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="darkorange"]Paally [/COLOR][COLOR="purple"]85 [/COLOR][COLOR="cyan"]Pally [/COLOR][COLOR="red"]Garona[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="darkorange"]Warthan [/COLOR][COLOR="purple"]62 [/COLOR][COLOR="cyan"]Hunter [/COLOR][COLOR="red"]Garona[/COLOR]

OMG! Wall of text run away! Run away!

/step on high horse

Seriously though, if you want to be taken seriously an effort should be made to at least attempt to use proper spelling and punctuation. The use of proper spelling and punctuation makes it easier for your reader to understand what you are saying. Your age has nothing to do with the use of proper spelling and punctuation. There are even browser add-ons to do spell checks. Google is your friend.

/step off high horse

Cartographer hasn't been used by the guide in ages. The developers of Cartographer quit supporting it when patch 3.3 went live in December. Try carbonite as an alternative, many people here swear by it. As far as Zygor, coming up with an add-on to provide coordinates, the effort there only takes away from making the best guides out there. If there wasn't a good add-on to provide this info I could see making one, but since there is a great add-on doing serving this purpose it would be redundant.

I have nothing to say regarding skins and related things, as I am a function over looks kind of guy. I will leave that to those who like things more colorful and decorative, a black box with white text works for me.

BTW, welcome to the board.
    My tanks:
    Losfer 110 Tauren Protection Paladin Area 52
    Prassan 110 Tauren Guardian Druid Area 52
    Theomach 102Tauren Protection Warrior Hyjal
    Paschendale 100 Night Elf Brewmaster Monk Sargeras
    Shangol 100 Troll Blood Death Knight Area 52
    Nassic 100 Blood Elf Vengeance Demon Hunter

My DPS:
    Kastenessen 100 Human Fire Mage Sargeras
    Thoraynayla 110 Orc Marksmanship Hunter Arear 52
    Findail 101 Forsaken Destruction Warlock Area 52

Comment

funny how many said no to this and alot of it happened...
      [URL="http://www.livestream.com/15501258"]Watch my live stream :)[/URL]

[COLOR="darkorange"]F[/COLOR][COLOR="red"]T[/COLOR][COLOR="royalblue"]A[/COLOR]!

[COLOR="darkorange"]Halcius [/COLOR][COLOR="purple"]85 [/COLOR][COLOR="cyan"]DK [/COLOR][COLOR="red"]Garona[/COLOR]
      [COLOR="darkorange"]Paally [/COLOR][COLOR="purple"]85 [/COLOR][COLOR="cyan"]Pally [/COLOR][COLOR="red"]Garona[/COLOR]
      [COLOR="darkorange"]Warthan [/COLOR][COLOR="purple"]62 [/COLOR][COLOR="cyan"]Hunter [/COLOR][COLOR="red"]Garona[/COLOR]

Comment

Uhh... only 3 people voted so how is that many people that said no?
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by raynman View Post
          OMG! Wall of text run away! Run away!
          Obviously, Raynman hasn't read any of my barn-door-sized posts! (big grin).

Comment

Working...
          X