This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hello bad news...

welcome.... zygors guides must be free... i hate to say but it must be free....... i love that you can BUY this game but it is an addon....... you can get the guide for free in PDF but you cant get the addon you pay for the addon which is against the terms of service........ any questions?
    [URL="http://www.livestream.com/15501258"]Watch my live stream :)[/URL]

[COLOR="darkorange"]F[/COLOR][COLOR="red"]T[/COLOR][COLOR="royalblue"]A[/COLOR]!

[COLOR="darkorange"]Halcius [/COLOR][COLOR="purple"]85 [/COLOR][COLOR="cyan"]DK [/COLOR][COLOR="red"]Garona[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="darkorange"]Paally [/COLOR][COLOR="purple"]85 [/COLOR][COLOR="cyan"]Pally [/COLOR][COLOR="red"]Garona[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="darkorange"]Warthan [/COLOR][COLOR="purple"]62 [/COLOR][COLOR="cyan"]Hunter [/COLOR][COLOR="red"]Garona[/COLOR]

well, the new 2.0 guides are not against Tos, old version 1.s is.

ToS states any addons within the game must be free. Well the guide viewer is free. The guide viewer is the portion that shows up within the game. Now, the actual guide data is what you are paying for. The guide data does not show up within the game so this does not break ToS and has been verified by multiple people when they ask GMs. Feel free to open a ticket and verify for yourself if you are concerned abut breaking ToS. In a nutshell:

Guide Viewer = free = shows in game as an addon
    Guide data = pay = does not show up in game
    Cairne Realm
    Main: 100 Human Prot Pally
    Alt#1: 100 Tauren Resto Druid
    Alt#2: 60 Dwarf Beast Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by antacus View Post
      well, the new 2.0 guides are not against Tos, old version 1.s is.

ToS states any addons within the game must be free. Well the guide viewer is free. The guide viewer is the portion that shows up within the game. Now, the actual guide data is what you are paying for. The guide data does not show up within the game so this does not break ToS and has been verified by multiple people when they ask GMs. Feel free to open a ticket and verify for yourself if you are concerned abut breaking ToS. In a nutshell:

Guide Viewer = free = shows in game as an addon
      Guide data = pay = does not show up in game
      truely the ToS stats that you cannot pay to get anything more from an addon...... yes the guide data you must pay for therefor giveing you the advantage from paying.....
      i undersstand what your saying but i am trying to keep zygor out of trouble

[COLOR="darkorange"]F[/COLOR][COLOR="red"]T[/COLOR][COLOR="royalblue"]A[/COLOR]!

[COLOR="darkorange"]Halcius [/COLOR][COLOR="purple"]85 [/COLOR][COLOR="cyan"]DK [/COLOR][COLOR="red"]Garona[/COLOR]
      [COLOR="darkorange"]Paally [/COLOR][COLOR="purple"]85 [/COLOR][COLOR="cyan"]Pally [/COLOR][COLOR="red"]Garona[/COLOR]
      [COLOR="darkorange"]Warthan [/COLOR][COLOR="purple"]62 [/COLOR][COLOR="cyan"]Hunter [/COLOR][COLOR="red"]Garona[/COLOR]

Comment

Zygor and his legal team have been on it for a while. They won't be in trouble, I can assure you. You're just a few months too late :P. You are not paying for the addon, you're paying for .lua file that the guide loads. It's completely separate.
        It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by silverhawk11 View Post
          Zygor and his legal team have been on it for a while. They won't be in trouble, I can assure you. You're just a few months too late :P. You are not paying for the addon, you're paying for .lua file that the guide loads. It's completely separate.
          and if there is any trouble with it i know that you could also just make an addon that would get the information from a website....... P.S. i saw somone post in Guild chat that he had zygors and wanted to give it away to the guild and i said.... do you really think that is a great idea he worked really hard on it and its good money to pay for it....

Comment

Originally posted by 15501258 View Post
            and if there is any trouble with it i know that you could also just make an addon that would get the information from a website....... P.S. i saw somone post in Guild chat that he had zygors and wanted to give it away to the guild and i said.... do you really think that is a great idea he worked really hard on it and its good money to pay for it....
            That's quite unfortunate. We hope for integrity in customers to help keep Zygor's business going, but it's almost inevitable as not everyone is honest. Hopefully your guild member just bluffed and didn't provide the guide for free.
            It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

It's been confirmed for over a year now that as long as we separate guide content from the addon, and give the addon away for free, we're following Blizzard's policies.
              Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
              http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
              http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Working...
              X