Catch-up grinding alternative

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Catch-up grinding alternative

For those times when the guide has outstripped the leveling of the character perhaps you can offer the choice to do selected quests that you skipped over rather than "grind a bit until you are". Controlled by an option these quest suggestions would not show up unless needed. Might not be suitable quests for every level... but that would be known information too and then grinding would be the best plan, but the player would not be left to wonder "what if...?"

Put the optional quests in a different color so we will understand that they ARE "out-of-sequence grind alternatives"
    Last edited by kjela; September 16, 2010, 01:49 PM. Reason: forgot a point

Cool idea but if u follow the guide u won't need to grind or u mite b 5% shy of lvln
    but at the end o the lvl in the guide u can say u should be lvl XX if not grind intill OR click for other quest....
    Just my 1 copper
    LIGHTINGHOOF-US-RPPVP
    Dwarf Shaman-Shamme 90 Elemental/Resto
    Nelf Rouge-Legolys 90 Sub/Ass
    Pandarian Monk-Phood 90 Windwalker/Brewmaster
    Nelf Druid-Ornek 85 Boomkin/Bear
    Nelf DK-Zgknight 85 Blood/NA
    Draenei Hunter-Bowz 85 MM/Survival
    Worgen Priest-Loyder 85 Disc/Shadow
    Gnome Warlock-Lotzadots 85 Destro/NA
    Dwarf Paladin-Buradin 85 Prot/Ret
    Gnome Mage-Zygors 70 Arcane/NA
    Nelf Warrior-Talifan 61 Prot/NA

Comment

Tis true, I have never needed to grind either. It was just an idea for the table in case it sparked other ideas <grin>

Comment

Most of the time if I ever see one of those steps for grinding I just click the next step button and then queue up for a random dungeon while continuing to follow the guide. Most of the time I'll get that dungeon before I'm done with the next level in the guide and the one dungeon run now and then doesn't really affect your leveling times but does give some nice and easy XP if it's needed, plus maybe an item upgrade or two if you're lucky.
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Most of the time I get this is if I've been leveling with a friend, we get full XP for the quests, but the kill XP is divided up - so I've had to grind for 20-40 mins a couple of times when we've grouped. No problem though - we turn around from the quest giver and start attacking whatever's closeby... lol
          * Signature to be Updated at a later time *

Comment

Well I noticed my gear sucked or a lvl 30 so I did a few instances lastnite and got a tank that wanted to run 5 in a row so we kept getn sm gy so took 5 mins a run...and I hit 405dps at lvl 30 with my OP AOE!!! And got a few new pieces of gear!
            LIGHTINGHOOF-US-RPPVP
            Dwarf Shaman-Shamme 90 Elemental/Resto
            Nelf Rouge-Legolys 90 Sub/Ass
            Pandarian Monk-Phood 90 Windwalker/Brewmaster
            Nelf Druid-Ornek 85 Boomkin/Bear
            Nelf DK-Zgknight 85 Blood/NA
            Draenei Hunter-Bowz 85 MM/Survival
            Worgen Priest-Loyder 85 Disc/Shadow
            Gnome Warlock-Lotzadots 85 Destro/NA
            Dwarf Paladin-Buradin 85 Prot/Ret
            Gnome Mage-Zygors 70 Arcane/NA
            Nelf Warrior-Talifan 61 Prot/NA