How you doing on the Cata guide Zygor & Staff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How you doing on the Cata guide Zygor & Staff

Is all going smoothly and is the questing paths nice and simple?
    "Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listenin' to her enough, or somethin'. I don't know, I wasn't really payin' attention."
    Dumb & Dumber (1994)

Originally posted by TheBissto View Post
    Is all going smoothly and is the questing paths nice and simple?
    Things are moving along nicely. The quest chains are definitely an improvement over pre-Cata WoW, much more linear and similar to Burning Crusade and Wrath. The flying around all over the place that you're used to is pretty much non-existent as each zone is completed before moving on to the next. I think everyone will be happy with the changes.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Ohh I hope so, I want a change

I may set the slider to 85 and start over simply to go through it again. *shrug*
      Cairne Realm
      Main: 100 Human Prot Pally
      Alt#1: 100 Tauren Resto Druid
      Alt#2: 60 Dwarf Beast Hunter

Comment

Testing?

Not sure how this works, but I am in the Beta. If you get to a point where you want others to test I am willing to help out and provide feedback. If I remember correctly they have turned on the addon functionality now.

Comment

They have, but the staff is not ready to let players use the updated guides as of yet (correct me if I'm wrong on this). Also, 4.0.1 patch data is being sent this week as a warm up. The guys at Blizzard have said that the new quests will not be implemented until 4.0.3 patch.

4.0.1 will be released either next Tuesday or the following Tuesday. 4.0.3 will likely be released 3-6 weeks after that. A note to the devs and staff here: The current guide will work on 4.0.1 patch. It has been tested and approved to work on the 4.0.1 PTR, so no major changes will be needed for the next patch. It is the 4.0.3 patch where the guides will most likely need to be updated for the new quests.

Also, the purchase part for the new guides will not have to be used until Cata goes live. For more info, go here:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...sid=1&pageNo=2

Great info as to time frame. Pay particular attention to posts 29-31. One of the blues (Zarhym) pretty much confirms it.

There's a lot of speculation going on as to patch release date. It now looks like the 28th or 5th.
          Last edited by wowvern; September 21, 2010, 12:50 PM. Reason: release date for patch
          My avatar is an actual photo of me. Nice or ugly?

Comment

Originally posted by bellefso View Post
            Not sure how this works, but I am in the Beta. If you get to a point where you want others to test I am willing to help out and provide feedback. If I remember correctly they have turned on the addon functionality now.
            Same here for when you want some stress testing of your Cata version
            Ulst

Comment

Originally posted by antacus View Post
              Ohh I hope so, I want a change

I may set the slider to 85 and start over simply to go through it again. *shrug*
              I'm with you on that one I have a load of alts I've started (mage, warlock, warrior) which I'm contemplating on deleting once Cata lands and starting again...

I might even delete my original toon, a lvl 70 Nelf hunter, since I always wished he was human - and this time actually learn the class properly instead of being huntardish
              Proud noob, opinionated nerd, and asker of obvious questions.

Main: Reliq (DK - 85).
              Alts: Baym (Paladin - 85), Aotearoa (Priest - 85), Selleck (Hunter), Reliqa (Warrior)

Comment

Originally posted by rokku View Post
                I'm with you on that one I have a load of alts I've started (mage, warlock, warrior) which I'm contemplating on deleting once Cata lands and starting again...

I might even delete my original toon, a lvl 70 Nelf hunter, since I always wished he was human - and this time actually learn the class properly instead of being huntardish
                I would have to disown after I laugh and poke you with sticks.
                Me? I'd do a race change on the 70, then roll another hunter as a human.
                Having a higher level toon is important. Once you delete the toon you will learn just how important it was.
                "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Meh - I have 2 80s, and the hunter bores me since I levelled him through brute-force, without really learning how to actually play a hunter
                  Proud noob, opinionated nerd, and asker of obvious questions.

Main: Reliq (DK - 85).
                  Alts: Baym (Paladin - 85), Aotearoa (Priest - 85), Selleck (Hunter), Reliqa (Warrior)

Comment

LOL

I am in the exact same boat. I have a hunter I am goofing with so I can better understand them (and how to deal with them as a tank) but I leveled to 40 with grant a levels. Then I tossed some gear on it and spent the next two hours trying to get a pet and figure it out. I made level 41 and more or less called it quits cause I don't know what I am doing
                    Cairne Realm
                    Main: 100 Human Prot Pally
                    Alt#1: 100 Tauren Resto Druid
                    Alt#2: 60 Dwarf Beast Hunter

Comment

Working...
                    X