Cataclysm Leveling Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cataclysm Leveling Guide

Hi, Before i ask about the topic, i wanted to say thanks for making this guide, i hated my 80 warrior like Alliance hates Horde but never had the patience or devotion to get a class beyong level 30, and thanks to the guide, i got the patience and devotion to recently get a Hunter to 80, so thanks again ^^

Now on topic...

I had some questions about Cataclysm guide changes...

1. is the guide gonna be a Cataclysm release day release? [Such as the updates become avaliable when cataclysm hits]

2. Is this going to cost anything???

3. What kind of changes could we expect besides the new 80-85 section and Worgen / Goblin sections...

Thanks,

Most of your questions are answered in the Cataclysm F.A.Q.

I'll do a quick summary for your questions.

1. The team are doing their best to accomplish this but there's no guarantee.

2. The update to the 1-80 portion of the guide you already own will be free. The 2 new classes and new 81-85 section that you don't already own (not part of the current guides) will have a small upgrade fee to get them. The fee has yet to be determined but should not be more than $20 per leveling guide.

3. There have been hints at seeing a new minimalist guide window, but there has been no definitive answers to if there will be any major changes to the guide viewing addon.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Cost

Am I reading this right, about $20.oo per program, Since I own Horde, Alliance and the Leveling Guide, its gonna cost me $60.oo to update, not sure I will do that. I've paid full price for all programs, and all updates so far, and they are great, but not sure I can afford to keep paying $60.oo every time bliz decides to do a 5 level update to the game. Its just gonna get too expensive.

A loyal user since day 1.

Comment

As stated, prices have not been finalized and I have no idea what kind of package upgrades will be available or pricing for them.
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Upgrade Fee

In my humble opinion, I think Zygor should upgrade the five levels to all existing users free of charge - that is what we signed up for and was one of the distinguishing factors over the "other" guides for me. For "new" guide purchases, apply the additional fee. It would be unfair to charge all your loyal users extra money and then sell the whole guide (1-85) for the same price to new users.

Membership SHOULD have its privileges.

Comment

Originally posted by ksquires View Post
            In my humble opinion, I think Zygor should upgrade the five levels to all existing users free of charge - that is what we signed up for and was one of the distinguishing factors over the "other" guides for me. For "new" guide purchases, apply the additional fee. It would be unfair to charge all your loyal users extra money and then sell the whole guide (1-85) for the same price to new users.

Membership SHOULD have its privileges.
            If you buy a version of windows, you get updates to it for free forever (Until they stop supporting that version anyway)...

But if you want to upgrade from Windows XP, to Windows Vista or 7, you don't get the upgrade for free.

This is exactly the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomyne View Post
              If you buy a version of windows, you get updates to it for free forever (Until they stop supporting that version anyway)...

But if you want to upgrade from Windows XP, to Windows Vista or 7, you don't get the upgrade for free.

Microsoft is KING of screw developers and users alike.... not a good reference.. It's like using the absolute extreme to justify the simply.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomyne View Post

As unpopular as it may be, I agree completely. ZygorGuides has to make money somehow, otherwise why would they keep improving/fixing/bringing new content?

I support the upgrade fee.

Comment

$20.00 is no big deal you all probably waste more than that..Give up a couple of 6 packs..I will pay for the upgrade because it is a great product and a lot of work goes into that.... I cant wait till the upgrade hits the market I will buy immediately...Keep up the great work guys...I enjoy your product and will keep buying it

Comment

Originally posted by jerjac25 View Post
                    Microsoft is KING of screw developers and users alike.... not a good reference.. It's like using the absolute extreme to justify the simply.
                    Then use MacOSX as an example... works exactly the same way with them too. Exactly the sane way.

buy 10.1, get free updates to it forever but want to go to 10.2? Have to pay more money.

i assume i got the version numbers correct. I dont use Mac myself.

Comment

Zygor Updated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
                      Twitter @Chaos5061.
                      Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by mwillms View Post
                        $20.00 is no big deal you all probably waste more than that..Give up a couple of 6 packs..I will pay for the upgrade because it is a great product and a lot of work goes into that.... I cant wait till the upgrade hits the market I will buy immediately...Keep up the great work guys...I enjoy your product and will keep buying it
                        i hope Zygor only charges 20, but personally i wouldnt complain if it was more... the guide is worth it

Comment

let them update for free, go broke and then no more guide

As long as it's a reasonable charge i have np here.

A lot of work goes into these guides so they have to earn it back somehow, imho

Comment

Worgen armor

I read someplace that heirloom armor can be used on Worgens. Does anyone know what type of armor they use? Any other suggestions to get a jump on leveling?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by 93ca1d67 View Post
                              Am I reading this right, about $20.oo per program, Since I own Horde, Alliance and the Leveling Guide, its gonna cost me $60.oo to update, not sure I will do that. I've paid full price for all programs, and all updates so far, and they are great, but not sure I can afford to keep paying $60.oo every time bliz decides to do a 5 level update to the game. Its just gonna get too expensive.

A loyal user since day 1.
                              I'm hoping it's not going to be a straight $20 upgrade per guide... because the math is a bit faulty on the above example... if he has both Alliance and Horde leveling guides, I'm gathering that he also has both Alliance and Horde daily guides... that wouldn't be 3 times the $20... that would be 4... or $80. That would be a bit much in my opinion... I would hope they will have some 'package deals' available.
                              * Signature to be Updated at a later time *

Comment

Working...
                              X