No announcement yet.

Cataclysm Leveling Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I read someplace that heirloom armor can be used on Worgens. Does anyone know what type of armor they use? Any other suggestions to get a jump on leveling?
    Yes heirloom items can be used on worgen's from level 1 - 80 the type of armor they use depends on what class of worgen you choose to play for example if you made a priest, mage, or warlock worgen then you would use cloth.

worgen are a race not a new class so leveling will be the same apart from the fact they have there own starting zone and come cata that most of the zones/quests will be changing in the level 1 - 60 maybe some changes to 1 - 80 but very very small if any.

Comment

We have a lot of exciting news to reveal about our Cataclysm launch and will start things off by announcing our upgrade prices next week.
      Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
      http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by ZG Support View Post
        We have a lot of exciting news to reveal about our Cataclysm launch and will start things off by announcing our upgrade prices next week.
        WOOOOOOOT!!!!!! Can't wait for more info.
        I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
        Twitter @Chaos5061.
        Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I'm okay with the upgrade cost. Just becuase you have to update 2-4 guides, doesn't mean you have to do it all at once! Right? Just update the 1 or 2 you need right away and save the others for later.

I'm really looking forwards to Cataclysm... Dec. 7 can't come soon enough!

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Support View Post
            WOOT WOOT WOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!

does that mean everything will definitely be available on or before cata launch???????

Comment

I do agree that there should be a fee for Zygor's extra work. The guide they sold us was a 1-80 guide. We were not purchasing a 1-85 guide. I also think that the new 80-85 stuff should be proportionate for current customers.

I paid about $40 for the alliance 1-80 guide. That is about $0.50 per level. $20 for 5 levels is $4 per level. That is a huge increase imo. Even $1 per level would be better. In Beta, it only takes a few days to level 80-85. I don't know many people that will pay $20 to shave a day off that. With the new in-game quest helper type feature, you already have help finding what you need. Zygor guides is great for powerleveling and skipping stuff that you don't really need. But, if you already have the 1-80 and the talent guide, 80-85 can easily be done without a guide if they make it cost too much for the new levels.

I will still use the guides that I have as they are awesome. I will purchase the new content if they are priced proportionate to the content I already purchased. I will not pay upwards of $20 to shave a day off my 80-85 leveling. That is just not econimically sound. This is just a simple cost-benefit analysis, and the cost to benefit ratio must equal out. At this point, they do not.

Comment

To be fair, I would definitely say that the work involved in creating a guide for levels 1-5 is not at all proportionate to the work involved in creating a guide for levels 80-85. We must charge an upgrade fee that is proportional to the work involved in creating the product. Otherwise, it would not be economically sound, as a business, for us to continue maintaining and expanding our guides. :-)
                Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Now, I am not in the cata beta, however keep something in mind. Lots of zones are changing. You aren't paying just for the zygor guys to run through the 80-85. They are also running through the entire game again and mapping the changes.

And a good analogy is WoW itself. You get free patch updates for life. However you have to pay for any actual expansion (wotlk, bc, cata). It's the same here.

Comment

Hmmm

Yeah, I used to be a MS hater, but not anymore.

1. It doesn't matter. MS or Mac--it's all the same. Most people know about windows, so it's a great example.
                    2. Quality is costly. I wasted a bunch of money on a competitors Guide. I was like, dang. I just threw away a bunch of money on a piece of crap interface, the tomtom thing goes away and I get lost...I have to hover over the stupid interface to see who to hand into, etc. The only thing I'm using it for now is the dungeon leveling--which is good, but again--a PITA vs Zygor's guide.

Come on, make a dungeon leveling guide and get it over with. I want to get all my money back from him--Zygor's guide is way more detailed and cheaper.

3. I support the upgrade fee. As soon as you stop paying people they usually lose interest or want to do it their way (which may be a lot worse)

Comment

Wtf

I just thought you guys should know that any time you mention a competitors name it replaces it with 'Other guides.'

This is annoying!

Comment

Originally posted by rweishaar View Post
                        Lots of zones are changing. You aren't paying just for the zygor guys to run through the 80-85. They are also running through the entire game again and mapping the changes.
                        You are partially incorrect. Zygor staff has stated many times that the 1-80 changes come as part of the "Lifetime updates" as it is a product you have already purchased. What you will be paying for is the lvl 80-85 along with the worgen/goblin starting zones.

Originally posted by rweishaar View Post
                        And a good analogy is WoW itself. You get free patch updates for life. However you have to pay for any actual expansion (wotlk, bc, cata). It's the same here.
                        Your comparison is not accurate. wotlk, bc, and cata are all new themes bring new content, story line, etc. Zygor staff is having to revise what they have already built to stay in tune.
                        I am CDO. This is a lot like OCD, except the letters are in alphabetical order... as they should be.

Comment

Originally posted by blmille1 View Post
                          I just thought you guys should know that any time you mention a competitors name it replaces it with 'Other guides.'

This is annoying!
                          I'm sure it is for legal purposes. You'll be okay.
                          I am CDO. This is a lot like OCD, except the letters are in alphabetical order... as they should be.

Comment

I used to be a loyal customer of another guide service. The reason I left them and came here was the free updates for life. I don't remember the actual prices, but I paid something like $50 for the original guide (1-60), and they wanted another $30 or so for the update (60-70) when BC was released. Meanwhile, new customers were only required to pay $70 for the complete guide (1-70).

As an existing customer, I felt insulted to say the least. That was when I started shopping around for a better product. I understand ya have to pay the bills, but I hope the upgrade cost combined with the original price I paid for the guide, doesn't add up to be more than what new subscribers are going to pay for the complete guide.

I was coming to the forums to find out why I can't upgrade to the dailies and events program. It keeps telling me my account name is already in use, and sending me back to the members section...ugh. Now I think I will hold off til the pricing numbers are released for the expansion.

Comment

Yes. Entirely incorrect. *shrugs* I guess what it boils down to is people will either buy it or they won't. I'll buy it, given how much work they have to put in for it.

yes, the zones ARE going to be different. Different enough that they will have to go back through and make changes.

I don't expect that Zygor give me 'new content' for free. Cata is new content. One of the big selling points of Cata (or at least that Blizz is trying to use as a selling point) is that the old zones that you know and are used to will be changed.

I am sorry if you don't see this as enough of a reason to throw 20-40 bucks down. Different strokes.

Comment

Originally posted by konnan44 View Post
                                I was coming to the forums to find out why I can't upgrade to the dailies and events program. It keeps telling me my account name is already in use, and sending me back to the members section...ugh. Now I think I will hold off til the pricing numbers are released for the expansion.
                                When you log into the Members Area you should see an 'Add Products or Upgrade' dropdown box. Use that dropdown to select the Dailies & Events product you want then click on the Order button below the dropdown box.
                                My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Working...
                                X