SIS and level 39 druid.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SIS and level 39 druid.

Leveling my druid and am trying to get synced up. My question is this. Should I let the guide run at 0 levels ahead in order to get caught up "to level." Or, should I set it to where I want it? While I was fast forwarding I allowed the guide 0 levels ahead. Now that it stopped I am setting it up 4 levels ahead so as to not miss anything in between.

What do you guys think? This is probably the hardest part of the guide for me since I am not entirely sure how it works. I read the SIS sticky as well, that helped a tad and have searched the forums, but am unable at this point to form my own opinion on syncing.

Thanks for the help and suggestions.

I normally run the 0 levels ahead even after it's synced up. This makes the guide do it's best to keep caught up with you at all times and maximize your XP. The only time I adjust the slider right now is in Outlands where the SIS doesn't recognize reputation (a lot of Outlands quests are reputation based) and so I set it to 80 while in Outlands. Most people that don't run it at 0 will set it to 1 or 2. I think the best advice I could give is once the guide is completely synced up leave it at 0 and see what it's like. If you don't like it there then add 1 or 2 to the slider and see how that goes for a bit. It's really more of a personal preference thing once the guide is synced up.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Thanks Cabby. I have seen mention of the outland situation, which doesn't really apply to my druid right now. I wasn't sure where to start with SIS as far as leveling goes at this point for the druid. However, since your answer I have a better idea of what to start with. Thanks for the response.

Love the guides,
      Truwen

Comment

Okay, so been trucking along and have run into my first snag. I believe since I skipped ahead on a few things it skipped the beginning of some chains and therefore I can't do grim connection. Any suggestions on getting all of the chains?

Comment

Try this thread:
          http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...t=Black+Shield
          I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
          Twitter @Chaos5061.
          Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by truwen View Post
            Okay, so been trucking along and have run into my first snag. I believe since I skipped ahead on a few things it skipped the beginning of some chains and therefore I can't do grim connection. Any suggestions on getting all of the chains?
            The quest chains can become a problem, but the guide has the chains written into it, including the quests early on that influence the quest chains on an established toon.
            Best advise to fix this problem and avoid others in the very near future...
            Start this guide at level 1 step 1. Select all boxes in the dynamic progress, and slide the number over to zero. Now right-click the down arrow and wait for the guide to stop on a quest, then go do that quest.
            Yes, go back to your starting zone if you need to. Any of the quests the guide stops on are chains that will effect your current level, and your levels to come.
            "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Thanks guys, Chaos, I looked at that and tried it before I posted and I am missing some prequests for that.

Trying the other suggestion. Check marked every box in the guide and slider set to 0. If I run into any more unsolvable issues I will post back to here. Thanks guys.

Edit: Well I did everything here, but I think the problem is either skipping obsolete quests is breaking my guide, or the guide is missing a step someplace. I don't even know where to start, so I am disabling skip obsolete steps and going through the guide to sync up. It may take some time to get properly synced but I think it will be worth it.

Edit2: figured it out, I must have missed some steps or there was a bug in the guide involving the shady rest inn. So yes, I am finally on track with the guide. I don't think it was a bug though as I probably just some how some way skipped some steps while trying to sync up.

Comment

Working...
              X