You should now be level #, if not grind until you are

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You should now be level #, if not grind until you are

Anyone else notice that on the Human newbie guide that you are seeing this come up and almost every time you are still only halfway through the last level? Maybe I am just not hitting enough trash mobs while doing my quests, or perhaps the guide was created with herilooms on, etc?

Not sure why that is...the guide is made for no Heirlooms and no rested xp!
    LIGHTINGHOOF-US-RPPVP
    Dwarf Shaman-Shamme 90 Elemental/Resto
    Nelf Rouge-Legolys 90 Sub/Ass
    Pandarian Monk-Phood 90 Windwalker/Brewmaster
    Nelf Druid-Ornek 85 Boomkin/Bear
    Nelf DK-Zgknight 85 Blood/NA
    Draenei Hunter-Bowz 85 MM/Survival
    Worgen Priest-Loyder 85 Disc/Shadow
    Gnome Warlock-Lotzadots 85 Destro/NA
    Dwarf Paladin-Buradin 85 Prot/Ret
    Gnome Mage-Zygors 70 Arcane/NA
    Nelf Warrior-Talifan 61 Prot/NA

Comment

This happens for me too... So its not just you
      Character Goals:
      Snowdoug- Goblin Warlock

Comment

At the lower levels you should be able to skip that step and continue on without any problems, normally.
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Well going on level 30 now, got this message the first 20/25 levels almost always around 50-60% skipped the step and now im almost good on the guide so, doesnt look like a mjaor error its just a bit annoying.

Comment

That's good to hear. I guess at the lower levels maybe one or two runs thru a random dungeon would stop those steps also.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
              That's good to hear. I guess at the lower levels maybe one or two runs thru a random dungeon would stop those steps also.
              But cabby it shouldn't be needed should it? I just ran a human paladin up to level 10 and I did every quest that was asked of me and I still ran into the grind step. I got screenshots. At least on the second one was a little much I thought.
              Attached Files
              I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
              Twitter @Chaos5061.
              Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Well, my thought behind it was that maybe they put the ding steps in at the wrong spots and that's why you're seeing it. If, as dradallor says, you can just skip them and keep going without it affecting the guide then this would seem to be the case. We have to wait on official word from Zygor about it, but if it's just that they're in the wrong spots in the guide then a couple of random dungeon runs should be able to get you to a point where you wouldn't see it, I think.

Comment

Dissapointed

Cant say im to chuffed with these messages the whole point of the guide is to male leveling easier and faster i could grind my way with doing a few quest before i got the guide !

so far hit level 10 and was getting these messages from about level 6
                  If u go to the next step wont you be out of sync for later ?

Comment

Not really, most of the time you're able to be a level ahead of the guides if you do every step in the guide. On my lock I hit lvl 18 a couple steps before the one that said I should be lvl 17. If the step is in the wrong position in the guide, then skipping it won't affect the rest of the guide. And if you're playing a human it seems that most of the 'grinding' steps are in the wrong spot. At most you should only see it once or twice. People have been reporting seeing it consistently which means that the steps are at the wrong spots. One person already reported that he's been seeing them forever but has just skipped them and had no problems and he's almost lvl 30 now.

Comment

My human priest had followed the guides from the start. I rolled him last Saturday (Nov. 20) and now have him at lvl 45 (playin casually).

When I picked up playing on Wednesday after the shattering and the updates to the guide were released, I first was confused by the SIS not functioning. I was looking to that to help me determine where to start in the new guides. I was level 28 and had done many (if not most) of the Duskwood quests in the guide.

The updated guide had me at a "remembered" step (likely the system had logged the step I had exited the game at and was showing me that). But it was a quest I had already done. In fact, several of the next steps were something I had done.

I was also 2 levels ahead of the new guide when this was occurring.

But on the suggestion of Cabby and Chaos, I just clicked the down arrow until I found a step I had yet to work, and that was the one that had me going to Stranglthorn Vale and working that zone.

I followed each in turn and began to really motor through the levels. The only side step from the main guide was a decision to do the Bounty event so that I could push my cooking to 300+ quickly easilly and cheaply.

I have seen the "ding" messages, but was always 100% and just skipped them.

But I will add this to the report: In the pre-shattering system and guide, I always maintained a steady 1.5-2.5 levels above the ding messages when they appeared. Now, even with resting at inn's, the ding messages are catching up to me. last ding message I was about 50-65% ahead on XP.

So yeah, they are coming a big faster and the guide is catching up to me even though I started about 2 levels ahead of it when I implemented the new version.

Comment

So far it seem that in the human guide that the grind steps are not where they are supposed to be. The team will probably fix this when they can. So far it's been reported that you can just skip them and be fine.
                        I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
                        Twitter @Chaos5061.
                        Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Updated if youre interested

Am now leveling ahead of the guide ie it says i should be level 19 and I am 20
                          dont mind that

Have followed all the steps on my pally from the start of her birth and so far its been real painless

Comment

Running randoms

in the old guide if u clicked the next step arror a few times it would bring u up to speed with what you should be doing for your lvl. Running random dungeons and BG's has put me way behind the guide.Is this going to be fixed soon?

Comment

Originally posted by v3700 View Post
                              in the old guide if u clicked the next step arror a few times it would bring u up to speed with what you should be doing for your lvl. Running random dungeons and BG's has put me way behind the guide.Is this going to be fixed soon?
                              Did you change your setting to allow only x levels in the guide?
                              "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Working...
                              X