This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SIS for Palladin seriously screwed up!!

I went into WoW with Zygor 3.0 and found it to work just fine with my hunter, warlock and priest. I went in today with my pally and found it pretty much useless. Using SIS it took me back to level 11 (which I'm NOT going to accept as valid), likely just to get flight paths. So I skipped ahead to level 25 (pally is L26) and every single quest is faded out. Even when I find an NPC that I can get a quest from, the chain sequence is not available.
    To top everything, when I was in a 25 series, I suddenly see the message "You should now be level 28; if not grind until you are." Well, no kidding, I'm barely a level 26, and now I'm supposed to be doing L28 quests?!?
    So I skipped along to Talonridge, no NPC's will talk to me, and the guide is still faded out!
    What's going on???

It was announced with the 3.0 guide release that the SIS still was not fully functional.

To get the guides to stop skipping go to the Dynamic Progression section of the guide options, uncheck all 4 boxes, and adjust the slider all the way to the right. After you do that just go back to where it started all the skipping and continue following the guide.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Understood that the SIS system would not be fully functional. But I believe it was then assured that everything would be fixed by 12/6. OK, I understand that this is complicated, and it's now 12/8. So I loaded a level 26 Shaman that, at least, started out in an area he'd been in before the Cata upgrade. So far, so good.
      I decided to give the guide another try, so spent part of the morning following the suggestions, which amounted to running around getting flight paths. I end up at Stardust, where I actually find some NPCs with quests that are worth doing. But here's where a SERIOUS error occurs. I skipped ahead a few steps in the guide and, sure enough, IT JUMPS FROM LEVEL 25 TO THE MESSAGE "YOU SHOULD NOW BE LEVEL 28" WITH NO INTERVENING STEPS!! IT'S AS THOUGH THE GUIDES FOR LEVELS 26 AND 27 WERE SIMPLY DELETED!!!! AND YES, I AM SHOUTING IN GOOD 'NET TRADITION!!!!

I paid over $70 no more than 3 weeks ago for the guides, and now I find that, eventually, they will be up to date? I appreciate that folks who've been using them since they came out are still appreciative and complimentary toward them, but I haven't had that experience. So you'll understand if I seem a little annoyed that something I paid for has lost functionality for the indefinite future.

Comment

The team hope to have all SIS issues fixed and the SIS fully functional again in the next couple weeks. The latest updates have the SIS turned off by default to help remove the skipping it was doing that it shouldn't. I understand that at this point you're not seeing your money's worth in the guides since you just purchased them, but if you have some patience and give the team the time they need to fix everything I'm sure you'll feel that the money was well spent.
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Psyktek;

There was a post I made in its own thread stating what the problems were pre-cata launch. In that post there was a comparison to the 3.3 patch fiasco and that 4.0.3 patch event.
          Further, I stated that Blizzard has a long and illustrious history of making these major changes without any notification whatsoever.
          The problem with the guides working fully is that the code used depends on the ID numbers Blizzard gives to the NPC's, the ID numbers Blizzard gives to the quests themselves, and the coordinates used to locate the NPC and/or mobs needed to complete these quests.
          Now, Blizzard will never send Zygor or any other person outside their walls any of this info on changes made, and why would they? So, during the beta testing phase most of the changes were known. Then they released the 4.0.3 patch and made a ton of changes no one knew about nor anticipated.
          So all that was left to do was open the zones and let us make a green puntable or furry and all is right with the world..... right? I dont think there is anyone that has been through a major patch will expect Blizz not to make these types of changes; its what they do.
          Now its your turn to go through the aggravation. It sucks, it bites, it blows.
          Every single one of us in here use the guides and play the game. Its effecting everyone in here.
          All that was a setup to type this out to you, and anyone else getting very, very frustrated.....
          Please have patience as every problem is worked out. I can guarantee you John and the rest of the code writing team is loosing sleep to get this guide working as it should. The mods are trying to give them all the opportunity to focus on fixing this problems by taking time out of our own game play to post responses.
          I agree, you should be frustrated; I have been frustrated with game events myself more than once. However, I know the cause, and send my "love-mail" to blizzard off my secondary account, just in case I tell them how much they suck too often and I get banned.
          Just be a little patient for now. Give Zygor and the team time to make these changes. They have yet to let us down at any point to date.

Kam
          "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

It sounds like your biggest issue is just the guide randomly skipping you through steps undesirably. With the SIS disabled you shouldn't have that problem anymore, and the guide should run smoothly.
            Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Working...
            X