X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paying to be beta testers? doesnt sound like an "upgrade" to me

I came across this thread,

http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...ions-confusion...

too bad it was (already) closed even though it was posted just 16 hours ago when i read it (12/08/2010 17:51 CET) and closed 18 mins before i read it it was closed, ofcourse free spech should only be granted to customers with a positive message, right?
    so "(Ban me if you please, because I don't really care). " i thought i d open it again to just be able to add my reply to it.

Originally posted by Zygor Support 2 View Post
    This is the nature of virtually anything you buy. Perhaps the best example is from Blizzard themselves, who initially released World of Warcraft for $50.00, and it's three expansions for $40.00. Just a few days ago they were selling all but Cataclysm for around $5-$10. The advantage you receive is that you had access to the guides for far longer than any new customers would.

As we have pointed out in the past, our pricing model has remained consistant for the 3 years we've been making guides and it's the same model other software developers use: You buy a product, and that product is updated for free, but when a new expansion to the product comes out, you have to upgrade your old product. If you think that's a ripoff, then you must feel the same way about Blizzard charging you more money for Cataclysm. Also, the upgrade is not $40.00. We wanted to keep the price reasonable so we discounted it at $30.00 for both upgrades.

It sounds like maybe a leveling guide isn't the right fit for you. In the above post, you say that you don't find our products give you a worthy speed increase in leveling, and at the same time it gives players such an advantage that it "takes out the fun of the game". You also dislike our community because they are not as unsatisified with our service as you are.

In the end the choice is yours. Your 1-80 guide has been completely rewritten from scratch for Cataclysm free of charge per our lifetime updates policy. If you decide you'd like to purchase our new guide expansion and continue your leveling, as always we would appreciate your continued support of our company.
    Okay, thats all good and well, but i have purchased the "upgrade" but it turns out to be bugged as hell, how about that for a "ripoff"?

my problem is the text in red, i bought the cata "upgrade" trusting it would add value to the product i already owned, it did not however, even worse, my worgen is "guided" through 3 lvls by zygor and then i need another add on like Carbonite (FREE!!) to GUIDE me further, and THAT is what i think is not an "upgrade" of the product.
    Zygor shouldnt have been in such a hurry to beat the competition that they didnt bother to THOROUGHLY test their product BEFORE selling it to their trusting/trusted customers and as a result have their (paying) customers test -and in many occasions- fix their "upgrade"

Worgen is fixed, update.......
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Well I played for about 30mins last nite and once I loaded the guide not 1 prob....but then again Ive never had an issue with my guides
      and just to add I like how blizzard makes the 1st cata quest pop up on it screen and u can auto accept it lol
      LIGHTINGHOOF-US-RPPVP
      Dwarf Shaman-Shamme 90 Elemental/Resto
      Nelf Rouge-Legolys 90 Sub/Ass
      Pandarian Monk-Phood 90 Windwalker/Brewmaster
      Nelf Druid-Ornek 85 Boomkin/Bear
      Nelf DK-Zgknight 85 Blood/NA
      Draenei Hunter-Bowz 85 MM/Survival
      Worgen Priest-Loyder 85 Disc/Shadow
      Gnome Warlock-Lotzadots 85 Destro/NA
      Dwarf Paladin-Buradin 85 Prot/Ret
      Gnome Mage-Zygors 70 Arcane/NA
      Nelf Warrior-Talifan 61 Prot/NA

Comment

update 1.0

i just updated the cata guide and it works fine (for now, u lost my trust a bit here John) but having this many updates (at least 18 if the numbers are correct) in 1 or 2 days still proves my point, right? (my point being "do ur own testing if u want to SELL a product, or have ppl test them for u without paying u for the "privilage" of testing it)
        Last edited by purplehaze65; December 8, 2010, 11:26 AM. Reason: Clarification of the point im trying to make here if that wasnt clear already

Comment

As someone who works in an IT shop, its impossible to expect 100% from any software product and any software vendor. Everything has bugs to be worked out, not 1 example exists to the counter.

Comment

Originally posted by purplehaze65 View Post
            i just updated the cata guide and it works fine (for now, u lost my trust a bit here John) but having this many updates (at least 18 if the numbers are correct) in 1 or 2 days still proves my point, right? (my point being "do ur own testing if u want to SELL a product, or have ppl test them for u without paying u for the "privilage" of testing it)
            Our guide was tested multiple times throughout it's development...in beta. The live version has had numerous last minute changes made with the release of both Patch 4.0.3 (that weren't present on PTR), and especially with the release of Cataclysm (Worgen issues). In a little less than a day after Cataclysm was release we have resolved the majority of these issues now. If you are still unsatisifed with our service you can contact our support team and they will take care of you.
            Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Working...
            X