Updater Fails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updater Fails

Installed the program fine, tried to run the update and it does absolutely nothing. First time install of the guides but nothing. It is getting to the point that it was completely pointless to even get the program if I'm going to be done leveling my toons before it works.

Have you run it as administrator?
    I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
    Twitter @Chaos5061.
    Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Yeah... I did that immediately

Comment

Does it give you any error messages? How exactly does it fail? If you have any screen shots that you can post that might help also.
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

No errors. Literally I click the "Install" button, a little box briefly pops up that I believe says "downloading" and then it immediately goes away and nothing happened. Can't take a screen shot because it happens too quickly. It's a computer run on VISTA.This is getting to be a bit of a joke considering the tech support team is supposed to respond to emails within 24 hours and they haven't done that either. Kind of poor customer service. I'm extremely unsatisfied so far with this purchase and am getting to the point of just wanting my money back if the team isn't going to act more proactively to get it to work.

Comment

Is there by chance any firewall that might be blocking the Updater? Have you clicked the Settings button and made sure that your Zygor website username and password are in the correct boxes? Does your password contain any characters other than letters and numbers? If it does you'll need to change it as the updater can't deal with other characters right now. This can be changed in your Members Area.

I know it might be frustrating right now but we'll do everything we can to make sure you get it up and running.

Comment

It isn't a firewall, and my password/username are appropriately entered and meet the criteria of only letters and numbers.

Comment

Sounds like this might need a remote assistance. Send an email to zygor @ zygorguides.com (remove the spaces) and explain what's going on and ask if he could do a remote assist in getting it working. He's pretty good at that kind of thing.

Comment

Just sent him an email... kind of disappointing that the tech support never responded via email..

Comment

I'm not sure who gets the tech support email, but I'm sure it's been bombarded since Monday and it just might be that it was accidentally overlooked or maybe they didn't even get to it yet.

Comment

Yes, the support emails is a little slower in responding than usual due to the flood of messages since Cataclysm. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Have you been helped now through Remote Support swinderman?
                      Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Working...
                      X