OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3.0+ Guide nothing but errors no matter what...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3.0+ Guide nothing but errors no matter what...

ZygorGuides 3.0+ have been nothing but a headache and I am here to detail what I have been going through since I payed for everything you have ever released. I am not a happy customer.

Errors
    1)Accept quests yet it skips ahead,

2)Grayed out objectives with continuous grinding to catch up to get to the next level

3)Still meeting grayed out quests even on the next level or steps ahead in general.

Solutions:

My solutions to try have been the obvious such as uninstalling and reinstalling (fresh) and even let it start from the beginning of the guide (re-queue) until it has found where I need to continue from but the same problems keep occurring.

To conclude I don't know what you guys have done since all these updates but the guide has been plagued by issues.

I am glad to see you are releasing updates to problems but there are still issues here and hopefully someone knows what to do.

Thanks for the assistance.
    Without Zygor there is nothing...

Please update, SIS has been forcefully disabled in the latest version, and will be reactivated when it is fully functioning again.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor View Post
      Please update, SIS has been forcefully disabled in the latest version, and will be reactivated when it is fully functioning again.
      I have updated but how am I supposed to play now if SIS is no longer present?

Comment

You don't need it to use the guide. Just do every quest it tells you to.
        I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
        Twitter @Chaos5061.
        Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by chaos5061 View Post
          You don't need it to use the guide. Just do every quest it tells you to.
          That is a pain to do when it doesn't track your progress or tells you where to go. That is literally like playing the game without the guide and I hated it like that as was. I will be waiting for SIS again as this is just bs.

Thanks.

Comment

All the SIS did was skip quests that the guide would think that you don't need. Having it disabled doesn't mean the guide doesn't tell you where to go. All SIS being disabled does is force the guide to stop on every step. The guide is still very useful like that because it still tells you where to go, who to get quests from, where to do the quests, and who to turn them in to.
            My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
              All the SIS did was skip quests that the guide would think that you don't need. Having it disabled doesn't mean the guide doesn't tell you where to go. All SIS being disabled does is force the guide to stop on every step. The guide is still very useful like that because it still tells you where to go, who to get quests from, where to do the quests, and who to turn them in to.
              As I said it doesn't work for me as is and it is frustrating. My quests are greyed out and I am grinding half of the time to make up for everything it skips. The guide as is that can't track itself or me properly isn't useful. Don't even get me started on the fact I am rarely able to choose any relevant to where I have progressed with my xp. I can literally be at 15000/30000 and it will not know where I am or what I should do. SIS was amazing and that was the point of the guides functionality. If I wanted to play the game with complete guess work and solo leveling I would not pay for my guides.

Comment

If stuff is greyed out then there are only 2 reasons this could be.
                1) You haven't updated to the lastest 1583 guide and the SIS is still enabled. You say you're updated so this shouldn't be the reason.
                2) Steps are marked grey because chain quests have been missed earlier in the guide and you're not able to accept the follow up quests (which seems to be most of the 1-60 questing).

My advice would be to start the guides from back with level 1 step 1. The guides will still be able to mark quests as completed based off of your quest history and you should still be able to right click the next step button to skip over the completed quests. It might take a little time but I'd advise going and doing any quests that the guide tried to skip, no matter how low level they are compared to you. Blizzard seems to have gone overboard on how many different quests are interdependent on other quests. Some areas you can't even find quest givers until you've done other quest chains to be able to unlock that phased section of the world.

Comment

If stuff is greyed out then there are only 2 reasons this could be.
                  1) You haven't updated to the lastest 1583 guide and the SIS is still enabled. You say you're updated so this shouldn't be the reason.
                  2) Steps are marked grey because chain quests have been missed earlier in the guide and you're not able to accept the follow up quests (which seems to be most of the 1-60 questing).

My advice would be to start the guides from back with level 1 step 1. The guides will still be able to mark quests as completed based off of your quest history and you should still be able to right click the next step button to skip over the completed quests. It might take a little time but I'd advise going and doing any quests that the guide tried to skip, no matter how low level they are compared to you. Blizzard seems to have gone overboard on how many different quests are interdependent on other quests. Some areas you can't even find quest givers until you've done other quest chains to be able to unlock that phased section of the world.
                  Cabby first and foremost I would like to thank you for your time and care to the matter at hand. I honestly know what your telling me to try but it is just frustrating to go back so far and try to find where I missed something due to the fact that I never have cause the guide just skipped ahead on it's own for whatever the reason. The problem overall here is Blizzard and their changes have become to many and Zygor with the brilliant SIS system occured bugs.

I think there is nothing to really do except wait at this point and see if anything gets resolved through Zygor and the great team they have here constantly updating. At this point in time I am f'ed overall but well what can you do. On the bright side I have gone from 1-36 very fast without a hitch until hitting 37-38 which is where I am at now.

Comment

After some tweaking to the guide options I managed to do all of this but occurred the same issues in the long run:

If you disable the guide progress options completely the guide will stop skipping you forward continuously. With that said I can do the quests but they are not tracked at all and it is quite confusing to remember what you have killed or done overall. Regardless of this mini fix, the SIS system needs to be back because this is a headache.

Only thing anyone can do at a time like this is just try and complete a grayed out quest even though it doesn't track a damn thing with it no matter what you have done or not it is all the same, gray, gray ,gray.

Comment

Ok, when you say the guide isn't tracking stuff do you mean that things like kill counts in the steps are not counting and then the step doesn't automatically advance?

Comment

The Smart Injection System has nothing to do at all with tracking quest goals, it's completely separate. This may sound obvious, but make sure you actually have the quests in your quest log. If you do, do you have other addons installed? If so, disable all of them except the Zygor addons. Let us know what happens.
                        Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                        http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                        http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

I never have the ability to accept a quest as they are all marked in grey and it doesn't matter whether I have previously completely a quest, the guide will never highlight the next step for me a.k.a advance. On top of this I can literally do a grey quest but the guide has become so mixed up due to this process that I can't even figure out where I have left off and where I haven't anymore. I reinstalled/uninstalled everything and also have no other addon's.

Cabby in regards to your question, the guide will not track what kills and anything else I do either.

Sorry for being such a pain guys as I never have had an issue like this before. I literally do not know what has happened with the guide but it is something else as you can see.

I have included some screen shots that show gray steps. I can have completed these and it will still be left gray and the next steps will be the same and so forth. It is all a mess.
                          Attached Files

Comment

The last time there was a problem with the guide not tracking stuff like you're describing it was due to another addon conflicting with the guides. And you're not being a pain. We just want you to be able to use the guides like everyone else.

Have you deleted the WoW cache?

Comment

The last time there was a problem with the guide not tracking stuff like you're describing it was due to another addon conflicting with the guides. And you're not being a pain. We just want you to be able to use the guides like everyone else.

Have you deleted the WoW cache?
                              You mean the cache from the WoW directory under the Interface/AddOns section? The ZygorguidesViewer/TalentAdvisor folders?

Those yes I have erased and cleaned installed.

Comment

Working...
                              X