OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3.0+ Guide nothing but errors no matter what...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I mean the stuff in the WoW/Cache directory.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
      I mean the stuff in the WoW/Cache directory.
      Hmm nope I haven't. What is stored there?
      Without Zygor there is nothing...

Comment

That's kinda like a temporary directory of quest IDs and NPC IDs, stuff like that. If you delete it then when you run the game it will rebuild it with all of the current info. There's a possibility that something in the cache files is corrupted after all of the game changing that Blizzard has done. Think of it more like your web browser cache.

Comment

That's kinda like a temporary directory of quest IDs and NPC IDs, stuff like that. If you delete it then when you run the game it will rebuild it with all of the current info. There's a possibility that something in the cache files is corrupted after all of the game changing that Blizzard has done. Think of it more like your web browser cache.
          Okay well I did it and yes it rebuilt itself, however it is telling me to accept quests that I can't even select and when I go back to look for previous ones I may have missed there aren't any. The guide seems to have literally confusued itself ever since the disabaling of the SIS system due to the fact I saw it skipping ahead of quests all on it's own when I completed a previous one.

At this point in time I literally am scrambling to and from to see what I have missed but I know that I didn't miss anything unless the guide skipping made me do so. I also wanted to add in the fact that it isn't really keeping track of quests I did complete at times which I know I turned in from before is even more confusing. I am at level 40 now and I really do not want to start over because I am pretty sure the guide will do all I have spoken of again.

Cabby I appreciate your help once again and Zygor, thanks for taking the time to assist me gentlemen. This issue has literally depressed me as I have invested enough time and energy in to playing the game only to be set back so much.

I still love Zygor but I am left a bit heartbroken now.

Thank you again.

Comment

I can think of one other possible thing to try. It would take some time so I'm not sure if you want to do it.

Since it seems like something somewhere just isn't installed right (really the only explanation left for the odd behavior) I can only think of trying to do a fresh install of WoW into a different directory on your hard drive. For example, if it's currently installed in C:\Program Files then install it into C:\WoW. With a completely fresh install of WoW and then a fresh install of the guides into that new AddOns directory, there's a possibility that running the new WoW install would clear things up.

As I said, it would take some time for downloading all the patches, but it's the only thing left to do that I can think of at this time. If you do decide to try this I'd suggest doing the WoW install before you go to sleep that way WoW could download the patch stuff while you sleep. It's all up to you if you want to try this route, and I can't guarantee that it will solve your problem.

Comment

I can think of one other possible thing to try. It would take some time so I'm not sure if you want to do it.

Since it seems like something somewhere just isn't installed right (really the only explanation left for the odd behavior) I can only think of trying to do a fresh install of WoW into a different directory on your hard drive. For example, if it's currently installed in C:\Program Files then install it into C:\WoW. With a completely fresh install of WoW and then a fresh install of the guides into that new AddOns directory, there's a possibility that running the new WoW install would clear things up.

As I said, it would take some time for downloading all the patches, but it's the only thing left to do that I can think of at this time. If you do decide to try this I'd suggest doing the WoW install before you go to sleep that way WoW could download the patch stuff while you sleep. It's all up to you if you want to try this route, and I can't guarantee that it will solve your problem.
              Hmm...

I could try that which is sort of pain and not a guarantee as you mentioned but luckily for me I download at around 3-5 MB/s. As for the guide problem(s), I wonder if others are encountering them and also why was the SIS disabled in the first place as this has seem to worked against me somehow?

For now I will call it a night Cabby but I will touch base with you and Zygor again shortly around tomorrow night (Eastern time) to let you know if anything has improved.

Thanks

Comment

Yes, please let me know what you decide to do with that and if so, if it worked. As far as I know you're the only one that's been having this kind of issue with the SIS.

The SIS had been disabled to stop the guides from skipping when they weren't supposed to be, which was really screwing up everyone. It should be up and running again in the next week or two with any luck.

Comment

Yes, please let me know what you decide to do with that and if so, if it worked. As far as I know you're the only one that's been having this kind of issue with the SIS.

The SIS had been disabled to stop the guides from skipping when they weren't supposed to be, which was really screwing up everyone. It should be up and running again in the next week or two with any luck.
                  I will certainly let you know asap. It is funny you mentioned all the skipping with the SIS and that is why they disabled it but mine had been doing that regardless of the update. Talk about an issue that has occurred regardless of things done to prevent it. I also noticed this happening in earlier levels I was on but I managed to work with it. Everything seems to originate around the vicinity of the update that disabled the SIS more so. Hmm...

Okay Cabby talk tomorrow.

Thanks brother.

Comment

uninstall / reinstall already?

I as well was upset with Zygor before. But there never really is a reason. Yes we pay for our guides, but we also have to come to realisation that we play a game that "updates / changes" itself every 2 weeks, AT LEAST. Zygor has a great staff, and you have great patience from what I can tell...

But honestly, no need to "blame" Zygor staff. They're always busy and always willing to help as anyone can tell if they just "browse" the forums for more than 5 minutes.

Anywho, back to uninstall / reinstall. Have you tried that? If so, remove your WTF / Interface folders and run WoW Repair.exe

Comment

Yeah, he's done all of that already, even clearing out the WoW/Cache directory.

Comment

Okay Cabby well my results are the same even with the clean install.
                        I think what we have here is now an official closed thread. I will have to wait until SIS is back and working good again.

Thanks again for your time, talk about a major bummer.

Comment

Working...
                        X