How to stop skipping chain steps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to stop skipping chain steps

First of all, love the guides and would be lost without them. Love that I can enjoy the game and not have to worry about where exactly Joe NPC is.

Sorry but this explanation is probably horrible but hopefully you can understand what I'm trying to say.
    Details: Dawnbringer Alliance, using the CATA 80 - 8x guides. This issue has happened so far on Vash, Hijal, and Deepholm.
    In the guide options it says that the "skipping ahead option" is currently disabled yet it keeps happening.
    I'm a little ahead on experience (in Hijal I was waay ahead, but you get my drift) I'll complete a step and just like when I was heading to 80 if I was too far ahead it'd skip me forward to where I'm supposed to be in the guide. But most of the quests in Cata seem linked so if yer not paying attention and the guide jumps ahead a bunch, you'll find yourself across the zone with no quest to take because you didn't do the pre-reqs.
    Sooo my question. HOw do I either turn off quest skipping or is an update coming to fix so that chained quests are recognized?

When you're in the Dynamic Progression section of the guide options make sure that all of the check boxes are empty. It seems that if you have some of those boxes checked then it still wants to try to skip steps even tho it shouldn't be skipping.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Excellent! I'll "check" that out, get it? wooo, wow that was bad, sorry. I'll definatley look into that. It still begs the question as to why the guide is skipping quests and dropping the user in the middle of a chain, but I'm assuming that's a known bug and it is being worked on?

Comment

Yeah, the team are working on it and it will hopefully be fixed soon.
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Thank you. Go ahead and close thread if you'd like.

Comment

The SIS is working ONLY for the 1-60 portion of the guide please update your guide now and then click repair. The in the game you may have to turn the SiS back on. Follow these diresctions: Right click the Z icon on the mini map, click the “+” symbol next to Zygor Guides Viewer, click Dynamic Progress check all four boxes and move the slider to 0. Then start at step 1 of the guide for your race and right click the right arrow button.
            I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
            Twitter @Chaos5061.
            Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Working...
            X