Problem with Updater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cabby View Post
    Don't think it's a x64 problem because I'm running Win7 x64 (on my desktop) and have no problems with the updater. I'm sure it's probably something stupid and simple that we're all over-looking.

Let's see, you can run the Updater and the main window opens. That would indicate no major .NET issues. It's able to connect to the Zygor site to know that there's an update available. Can you see your name in the main window? When you do try to update does it give any kind of error messages? Are you by chance using any kind of proxy for connecting to the internet?

I'm not exactly sure what protocols the Updater uses but it might be possible that it uses http for accessing the account and update info but uses a different one for getting the files. Might also be a port forwarding issue if it's different ports for the two connections.

Again, just trying to come up with all sorts of different possibilities.
    Hi Cabby,

Yes you'r right. Connecting to the servier is possible.
    No - i don't get any status or error messages.
    .NET should too not be the problem.
    No - I don't use a proxy normally at home. Config is Computer - Router ( Firewall) - Internet. Really simple.
    What i did not try was connecting directly to the internet. I will check this with an old sandbox. Will need some time to reactivate it. Maybe tomorrow. Must look for some hardware.
    AND YES - I once had an error log. And Updater rold me to send it to support. I did and nothing happend. Think it was one week ago or so. But i did get this error log only once. tried to replicate this but... Sorry!
    Regards

Comment

Double check the Internet Options in your control panel. Sometimes ad-ware and spyware like to change your settings around and put in a proxy when you don't even know it (long shot here). It would be in the Connections tab, the Lan Settings button. You'll want to make sure that's got the 'Automatically detect settings' box checked.
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Did this ever get resolved? It used to work, but now I get the same symptoms as described in the beginning of this thread.

Comment

Did it work before the update today?
          I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
          Twitter @Chaos5061.
          Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Double check the Internet Options in your control panel. Sometimes ad-ware and spyware like to change your settings around and put in a proxy when you don't even know it (long shot here). It would be in the Connections tab, the Lan Settings button. You'll want to make sure that's got the 'Automatically detect settings' box checked.

Hi Cabby,

Internet Settings are ok. Proxy set like everytime. Everything looks fine - only Updater doe's not realize it.

Comment

I hate to say it but I'm all out of ideas. You should be able to retrieve that error log you emailed. In your email client they normally save all sent emails by default so you should be able to go to the sent folder and find that email and the error log that you sent to support. I'd suggest sending that log to zygor @ zygorguides.com (remove the spaces) and explain the situation. He might have a solution to the problem or might even be able to do a remote session and figure out what's going on.

Comment

I hate to say it but I'm all out of ideas. You should be able to retrieve that error log you emailed. In your email client they normally save all sent emails by default so you should be able to go to the sent folder and find that email and the error log that you sent to support. I'd suggest sending that log to zygor @ zygorguides.com (remove the spaces) and explain the situation. He might have a solution to the problem or might even be able to do a remote session and figure out what's going on.
                Hate to say, sent it via the support - button over the zygor page
                Can't retrieve it. Sorry

Comment

Doh, forgot about that web form email stuff. Either way I'd still recommend sending an email to Zygor about it and maybe including a link to this thread, to see if he's got any good ideas for what's going on.

Comment

Working...
                  X