X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mac updater problems.

Hey Zygor.
    There still is a problem with your mac updater, i still get the error:
    "The file “packager.php” couldn’t be opened because the text encoding of its contents can’t be determined."
    It kinda suck's that i've brought a guide, but can't use it

Until Zygor can get it fixed you'll want to do some manual installs to keep the guide current.

Here's a link to the old manual install instructions for the Mac: http://www.zygorguides.com/help/mac.php
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by jarlhoestgaardbredahl View Post
      Hey Zygor.
      "The file “packager.php” couldn’t be opened because the text encoding of its contents can’t be determined."
      Is your Zygor Guides user name and password in the field under settings in the updater?
      "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Originally posted by jarlhoestgaardbredahl View Post
        Hey Zygor.
        This was supposed to be taken care of. We will continue looking into this and make sure it is working soon if it is not now. Thanks for letting us know.
        Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
        http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

A long delay since your post, but did you do a manual install of the guides?
          Its very easy to do, if you need help.
          Send me a PM and Ill get you running.

Comment

I am having the same problems as the original poster. Manual installation works but it would be nice if the updater could be fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by kork View Post
              I am having the same problems as the original poster. Manual installation works but it would be nice if the updater could be fixed.
              Will need to know a bit more about what is going on. Since I use a Mac and the updater, and am having no problems with them, I think it might be a settings issue.

The more detail you give the more I can help you.

Comment

Well for starters, here is a screenshot of the error message and the settings panel.

in the console I see the following error messages:

Code:
                27.12.10 17:51:41	ZygorUpdater[669]	awakeFromNib @ window fontSize 13.00
                27.12.10 17:51:44	ZygorUpdater[669]	ZygorUpdater version is 1.1
                27.12.10 17:51:48	ZygorUpdater[669]	*** Assertion failure in -[NSTextFieldCell _objectValue:forString:errorDescription:], /SourceCache/AppKit/AppKit-1038.35/AppKit.subproj/NSCell.m:1531
                27.12.10 17:51:48	ZygorUpdater[669]	Invalid parameter not satisfying: aString != nil
                28.12.10 11:10:14	ZygorUpdater[1640]	awakeFromNib @ window fontSize 13.00
                28.12.10 11:10:16	ZygorUpdater[1640]	ZygorUpdater version is 1.1
                28.12.10 11:10:34	ZygorUpdater[1640]	*** Assertion failure in -[NSTextFieldCell _objectValue:forString:errorDescription:], /SourceCache/AppKit/AppKit-1038.35/AppKit.subproj/NSCell.m:1531
                28.12.10 11:10:34	ZygorUpdater[1640]	Invalid parameter not satisfying: aString != nil
                28.12.10 11:11:35	ZygorUpdater[1640]	*** Assertion failure in -[NSTextFieldCell _objectValue:forString:errorDescription:], /SourceCache/AppKit/AppKit-1038.35/AppKit.subproj/NSCell.m:1531
                28.12.10 11:11:35	ZygorUpdater[1640]	Invalid parameter not satisfying: aString != nil
                Attached Files

Comment

Wow, ask and you shall receive.

Ill leave this open for zygor to look over. I think that error message code will be the biggest help, so thank you very much for that.

Comment

Any news on this one?

Comment

Nothing yet, but it is an older thread in a 'problem' zone that is in an open status, which is what the team looks for to gather fix needs.
                      It will be addressed soon. Just right now the problems have to be triaged, and the problems affecting a higher population (the guide itself being repaired = everyone) needs to be attended to first.
                      Since Im not having this issue with my loader, the tech people will have to give advise. Until then just go with the manual method of updating will get you the latest version.
                      Wish I had a better response that actually helped you fix the problem.

Comment

3 Months and several updates later... Guide is working great, the updater could get some more love Any plans on getting this fixed?

Comment

Originally posted by kork View Post
                          3 Months and several updates later... Guide is working great, the updater could get some more love Any plans on getting this fixed?
                          The updater should be working ok now. Are you having a particular problem with the updater?

Comment

Well, basically the same error message I got before - see attached screenshot.
                            Attached Files

Comment

We see that the Mac updater is still having some issues. We are working on this again to see what may be causing this, thanks for the screenshot.

Comment

Working...
                              X